Home

EU Takes Bold Step into the FUTURE! - Star Wars: Legacy

Astrotoy7

I think it'll be interesting, and since I've been kinda slacking off since the Swarm War, I have no idea what is going on in EU at the moment. This also kinda makes me worried, only 100 years? I'm hoping they explain a bit of how it actually happened, but if they do, they can't contradict themselves while other things come about before this takes place.

We'll see what happens.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For instance, I just don't like the idea that the sith have arisen within 150 years of being completely quelled in the OT, it seems too rushed..

Well we pretty much completely quelled nazism in ww2 but you still get nazis?

The thing is at one time the Sith was a huge empire/religion ok that empire/religion has been destroyed but still doesnt mean people wont follow it?.

The problem is there will always be sith as long as there is even the smallest trace of their civilisation about someone will know about them and then claim to be one.

Just think all it takes is for someone force sensetive to find a Sith holocron on Korriban to resurrect the order to be honest why the hell hav'nt the new republic *or whatever its called this week* completely wiped Korriban from existance? it serves no purpose it is just a tomb world for the Sith and they know this??.

Anyway it seems the Sith ideology is very hard to destroy and will always be around in some form or another.

I'm hoping they explain a bit of how it actually happened, but if they do, they can't contradict themselves while other things come about before this takes place.

Well the upcoming Legacy of the force Series will tell us what takes place between the swarm war and this new comic series and Dark horse have said they are working closely with the authors of them books so as not to contradict.

Also in may they are releasing Legacy #00 which is going to give us all the background of this era anyway incase you dont read LOTF.

I suppose you are correct, but that still doesn't account for BBY where the Sith would dissapear for hundreds if not thousands of years, you could argue that the EU hasn't covered that much so it could still be filled, but I still think this new remnant sith is a bit too similar to the Jedi Knight series, except slightly further ahead in the timeline.

Still looking forward to reading it though, and I think the reason Korriban isn't being destroyed anytime soon is because of the dark energy that surrounds it...just a guess.

I think the reason Korriban isn't being destroyed anytime soon is because of the dark energy that surrounds it...just a guess.

They're might be dark side energys around it and it might be bad from a story telling point of veiw but if i was the republic i wouldve bombarded the entire planet from space destroying everything on it i mean they know nothing good comes from there?

Im just gald theres some new Energy in EU. There was a similar feeling when the KOTOR era stuff came out, but going into the FUTURE opens up a whole new realm of possibilities storytelling wise :)

That character still looks Vong to me - looks like he is wearing Vonduun Armour :) We'll just have to wait and see.

mtfbwya

In a Card game (Short story novel based) Kyle Katarn goes off in search of a Resurrected Brotherhood of the Sith in the Remnant. He finds Tam Azur-Jamin's Father alive(He disappears in Star By Star). After this he finds Lady Lumiya and a Force Sensitive Vong. They both disappear after Jan and Jaden Kor rescue him.

For instance, I just don't like the idea that the sith have arisen within 150 years of being completely quelled in the OT, it seems too rushed.
Keep in mind that the Sith have appeared in many forms over the millenia. There have been more than one kind of Sith.

Yes but maybe this should all end at some point lest it become pointless and repetive maybe someday there could be a reletive peace in the Galaxy

Can't we all just get along

Perhaps there has already been decades/a century of peace by the time the events of this era come about...

Don't forget that Hk-47 is in star wars galaxies, and thats set 4000 years after KOTOR

Yeah but that doesnt mean anything hell they have Obi Wans ghost on mustafar giving out quests! lets not mention all the jedi running around :'(

I dont see why they wouldnt have the droids in it? i cant really see how they'd fit in with the story though but maybe they'll have some brief cameos.

We can not.

Take nothing from Galaxies into account when posting anywhere but the Galaxies board,

none of it is canon.

And deteriorating quickly from what I hear

I think Lucas Licensing is quickly turning into what Disney became under Eisner (Who just happens to be one of the biggest Douschbags in the northern hemisphere)

who mentioned Galaxies !?

*release the hounds* [/Mr Burns]

Maybe our resident canon expert, Kurgan will clear this up for us. It seems people are quite willing to accept KOTOR as canon, but not Galaxies - just because it was a crapy game and KOTOR wasnt. :) The Lucasfilm Licensing canon guidelines dont take that into account : p !

mtfbwya

Galaxies is not canon, it's a shodilly put together waste of time

lozl...as I mentioned above, canonical classification, has *nothing* to do with whether the particular game is "good" or not.

As far as I can gather, elements about planets and races are the only elements of Galaxies that could fall into C-level canon. It would be no more or less canon than any specifics identifed or outlined in KOTOR or JO/JAe tc

mtfbwya

Archived