Home

EU Takes Bold Step into the FUTURE! - Star Wars: Legacy

Astrotoy7

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its great to see them going further into the future I just wish they would ditch the Skywalkers, although Jaina was alright cant stand the rest. Cade sounds like yet another self obssesed Skywalker twat. Generally the EU is much better then the films but was extremly repetitive until NJO came along and SW finally stopped reading like kids novels. It will be interesting to see how things have gone further down the road. Nice tatoos on the Twilik but wish they would go back to the artwork style from the Dark Empire series, just seemed so much more suited to SW then the regular styles.

But it has more to do with modesty and trying not to attract too much attention
I think it is more along the lines of trying to appear as a military force, which would make the government and others very nervous.

I agree with you Astro, the heros look ridiculous. Oh Jan, what is happening to you!

The interesting thing is that people are still using DL-44's in 140 ABY, when they'd at least come out with DL-45's by then.

Well we all know technology doesn't advance nearly as fast as it does in real life.

But if you thought it was interesting then the guy on the right who looks like a cross between Quinlan Vos and Darth Maul is holding a Stormtrooper blaster.

and they really do look like Vaders pants, and Hans belt.

If you just glance at the heros' picture, it looks like the girl on the left is holding a guitar and they are some sort of band.

lolz..... CORUSCANT : ARE YOU READY TO RAAAWK !!! :rock:

Jan must be smokin some weed he bought from Kevin J Anderson :p

mtfbwya

That seems to be the most common response to it thus far. And I'd have to agree.

just like with a game, pretty visuals will only go so far. The acid test of this series will be how theyre goint to make the story something "new", but still SW. They pulled it off with the KOTOR era stuff, so it can be done.

We'll just have to wait n see :)

mtfbwya

Okay.

The Legacy (comics) stuff takes place 140 years after Yavin

The Legacy of the Force (books) takes place 40 years after Yavin

Also, Cade doesn't use the Skywalker name, dropped it on purpose. He is a bounty hunter. This should be an awesome series because they don't have to worry about the big three (LS, LOS, HS) and have brought the family back to one son. I hope the books (9 total) wrap up the timeline for the Solo twins, Ben, big three, Mara, etc.

The fact the comics have jumped a hundred years means Ben must have had a son or two and then that child(ren) had at least one.

If you miss this series, you will miss a lot of cool Star Wars stuff, because that have put it in the hands of two people who care about making good Star Wars stories.

welcome to the EU forums twolf005 :)

If you miss this series, you will miss a lot of cool Star Wars stuff, because that have put it in the hands of two people who care about making good Star Wars stories

They definitely have a lot riding on its success. If the Legacy comics are shyte, then it will kill part of EUs future.

unless, they can retcon it and say it was a dream sequence or camp fire story[/Kurgz] :p

lolz.

still, things like the superhero crotch & muscle bulges, the retro clothes and rockstar poses are making peoples excitement slowly turn to anxiety about the whole idea :p

time will reveal all :D

lolz... for an amusing read, check out the flame war that erupted over at the Dark Horse forums in the very thread that announced the Legacy Series(as per link on page 1)

Things get pretty heated early in but they come to a head by p 35. Where a chap by the name of DarkJoker gets into a tangle with Randy Stadley and John Ostrander. I actually know DJ from elsewhere....he reminds me of a younger Astro who used to get into many forum troublez here and at TFN

still, a fun read - interesting to see that Randy and John even bother to try reason with crazy fanboys LINKAGE

mtfbwya

still, things like the superhero crotch & muscle bulges, the retro clothes and rockstar poses are making peoples excitement slowly turn to anxiety about the whole idea

These are probably the things thats worrying me the most about this series but then again the way i see it is that it cant be any worse than dark empire or anything by KJA.

Something im not quite understanding is why people are moaning about the Sith coming back? everyone keeps moaning about the fact it ruins the prophecy about anakin destroying the sith but if anything Dark empire managed to ruin that ages ago with han being the one to finally kill palpatine *by shooting him in the back no less!* so hopefully they make it so Cade destroys these new sith hopefully putting back in place that its a Skywalker who finally stops them so in a way it kinda fixes the prophecy as its anakins decendant so in a way by having kids he did fulfill the prohecy?

Did that make sense?

I'll let you get the impressions by Reposting my First Post on the DH forums

Legacy of the Force series is set a few years after Dark Nest.

The Legacy Comic series is set 100 years in the future after the First Book Betrayal

So there is 100 years of either More Books or More Comics to fill up.

I read in another thread about Lady Lumiya...Ok Here is a brief history of her for Whoever didn't read the old Star Wars Comics and How, in my opinion, she relates to both storylines...

Lady Lumiya was originally known as Shira Brie....She was an Imperial mole in the Rebel Alliance. Luke "Killed" her in combat but she was saved by Vader and a tank of Bacta.

She was trained as a Dark force Adept by Both Vader and Palpatine and became an Emperor's Hand.

She Disappeared for a bit and some theorise that she resurfaced during the Vong War and trained a regiment of Dark Jedi seen in the Wizards Card Game about a Sith Cult in the Remnant.

This game includes a reference to a Force Sensitive Vong....(post TUF so not Omini)

Now...The Blurb for LotF mentions a "dark rendevous" for Luke that I theorise is about the Dark Lady Lumiya....

Now we all know that Jacen will most likely Fall this Series as "the skywalker legacy comes Full Circle", therefore the Force is Unbalanced somehow...and as the Galactic Alliance is becoming like a new Empire....

Therefore GFFA= "Empire" seen in the Legacy Comics

The Emperor: Jacen Solo's Descendant.

As Cade hates what Jacen and Probably what his Father/ Grandfather (Ben) did, he has abandoned the Skywalker name. He became a Bounty Hunter because that is what I think his Mother (Fett's Daughter) was....

This is all a massive theory IMO...So If I am right,,,KUDOS to me...But we need to see the LotF series and the comic Series before we make a final Decision on how Post LotF cannon develops....

May the Fosh Be With you.....

Anyways...I've joined the forums so that I can Pwn them all with my SW knowledge...Hahaha

yes, we'll let you fly the flag for LFN-EU. I was thinking about chiming in over there but that would ruin the balance of the force :p

"A Sith Cult", ie. sith wannabees are easier to accept then new sith as powerful as the likes of Bane, Plagueis or Sidious.

That they could be undetected for 1000 years and defeat the greatest of jedi masters is testimony to their power. Those 3 clunkheads (sith twilek, crabman and gothicdude) look more ridiculous every time I look at them...

bah.. !

mtfbwya

just like with a game, pretty visuals will only go so far. The acid test of this series will be how theyre goint to make the story something "new", but still SW. They pulled it off with the KOTOR era stuff, so it can be done.
Sure, but comics are a visual medium. And if they look ridiculous, it can potentially destroy the enjoyment of the story regardless of how good it is.

This should be an awesome series because they don't have to worry about the big three (LS, LOS, HS) and have brought the family back to one son.
It would be more awesome if they just avoided their clans altogether instead of using descendants. If they want to get away from the Skywalkers and Solo's, why don't they?

They definitely have a lot riding on its success. If the Legacy comics are shyte, then it will kill part of EUs future.
Nothing can kill the EU. If some of the stuff already out there hasn't killed it, nothing can!

still, things like the superhero crotch & muscle bulges, the retro clothes and rockstar poses are making peoples excitement slowly turn to anxiety about the whole idea
Got that right. Like I said, I think that can potentially kill the series on its own.

for an amusing read, check out the flame war that erupted over at the Dark Horse forums in the very thread that announced the Legacy Series(as per link on page 1)

Things get pretty heated early in but they come to a head by p 35. Where a chap by the name of DarkJoker gets into a tangle with Randy Stadley and John Ostrander. I actually know DJ from elsewhere....he reminds me of a younger Astro who used to get into many forum troublez here and at TFN

still, a fun read - interesting to see that Randy and John even bother to try reason with crazy fanboys

That is a good read. I'd seen some of that before on a previous lurk. Randy and John got a little to involved I think. But DJs attitude about his fandom is what makes SW fans the worst (of which we are all guilty from time to time).

the way i see it is that it cant be any worse than dark empire or anything by KJA.
True. At least we haven't seen any insect spaceships yet. :)

Something im not quite understanding is why people are moaning about the Sith coming back?
Yeah, I don't see it as a big deal. The Sith have existed in many different forms over the millenia. Luke and Vader destroyed the latest incarnation in its entirety. Having them rise in another form doesn't ruin the films, IMO.

Where was that??

From the terrible Tales of the jedi series

So much i hated about the art direction they went for in that series im kinda glad Kotor went and pretty much retconned the look of the galaxy at the time im not a fan of everything looking like giant insects and i hate how the basilisk war droids look, something about that series art wise didnt feel like star wars.

Archived