Home

EU Takes Bold Step into the FUTURE! - Star Wars: Legacy

Astrotoy7

ug, that pissed me off so much in KOTOR2. That was NOT a Basilisk War Droid. That was a stupid space ship.

And KOTOR takes place after Tales of the Jedi, so I don't see how it effects anything. Not to mention KOTOR used things from Tales of the Jedi.

You know who Kurgan reminds me of in Tales of the Jedi? Lord Farfalla.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord Farfalla.

Infact thinking about it im not sure which is more stupid spaceships made from insects or ones made from wood.

I think the whole tolkien fantasy type stuff that suddenly appeared in the Jedi Vs Sith comics was a bit silly as it was going sooo well then !BANG! mr tumnus shows up in a flying boat.

...things like this remind me why im in favour of a EU reboot.

awww crap, not you too with this "restart EU" business.

Havent you put 2 and 2 together yet ... Kurgz is going batty in his old age, coming up with such wild and crazy ideas :p

lolz.... the insect ship reminds me of those damn killiks. Where's the bugspray?! :p

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
...seems looking at the mouth and that he isnt a vong after all just wearing vong like armour

The Vong have nothing particular about their mouths, if left intact !! The Vong of the Legacy era may not be subjecting themselves to the ritualistic mutilation their predecessors did. The glimpse of facial tatooing on Darth Krayt could just as much mean he *is* Vong... Anyway, unless it's been officially stated somewhere, saying Krayt is YV is mere fanboy speculation ;)

mtfbwya

I picked it up yesterday.

Interesting to say the least. In some ways it is an extreme departure from what we have known, and in other ways it is a return to the old standards (crazy huh?). As a result, I think some will really enjoy it, and others will not.

Since there aren't really any plot spoilers in #0 since it is basically just background information that you presumably need to know, I won't wrap everything in spoiler tags. I just skimmed through it and I don't have it in front of me, so I might have a few things incorrect. But if you want to avoid everything, stop reading now. :)

General Background Points:

• Cade Skywalker as we know is more or less the main character. He was trained as a Jedi who turned his back on his legacy and has entered into the underworld. His father, IIRC Kole Skywalker, is a prominant member of the Jedi Council. His cronies in the promo shots are basically scoundrels as well.
  • The Empire is directly descendant from Palpatine's Empire via the Imperial Remnant. However, it is currently ruled by a more moderate Emperor, as well as moffs. There appears to be some contention between various moffs as well as the Emperor.
  • The Galactic Alliance is no more. It was defeated by the Empire during a 3 year war. Coruscant is once again the throne world of the Empire.
  • There are now bascially two factions of the Jedi Order. There are the Imperial Knights and the, I guess, regular Jedi Knights. I think they are still a part of the same Jedi Order, but it seems in name only, if that. The regular Jedi Knights serve the will of the Force and don't necessarily help the Empire. I can't remember if they say how relations are between this group and the Empire. The Imperial Knights only care about serving the Empire and Emperor, and don't particluarly really care about the Force per se. They are almost like Jedi stormtroopers. I don't think either group has particularly favorable views of the other.
  • The Rule of Two of the Sith is no more, and now it is only The One, the Sith Order. Darth Krayt is the leader, and the others serve different kinds of roles (loremaster, brute, assassin, etc.). Krayt has been rebuilding the Sith in secret on Korriban for over 100 years.
  • The Imperial/Allaince war breaks down something like this: The Jedi/Allaince used the Vong Shapers to help repair/terraform various worlds destroyed by the Vong invasion. This started out OK, but then things went drastically wrong. The Jedi suspect sabotage, but the terraforming became destructive. As a result, many worlds, unfavorably remembering the Alliance in the Vong invasion, bailed and sided with the Empire. The Empire held a technological advantage over the Alliance. 3 years later, the Empire wins over the Allaince.

Misc Info:

• Imperial Knights portray themselves as uniform, and even carry identical lightsabers and wear identical armour.
  • Stormtroopers are still around, and look pretty much the same.
  • The Jedi still use X-Wings, I believe the X-38. They look similar in basic elements only. There are also other new craft.
  • Not specifically mentioned, but Krayt appears not to be Vong, but likely is using Vong armour.
  • Vong weapons such as thud bugs are illegal.
  • The Empire still uses Star Destroyers, such as the current Pellaeon-class.
  • IIRC the new TIEs are called Predators, and are descendants of Interceptors.
  • One of the main Jedi characters looks like Agen Kolar, and another looks like Tott Doneeta.
  • Tott Mark2 is from the Vao clan.
  • It isn't clear when the Imperial/Alliance war happened, and whether it is ancient history or recent.
  • Lots of underworld characters.
  • The Emperor is a Fel.

General Observations and Questions:

• It has been claimed that Ostrander tried to remain distant from interfearing with the LOTF novel series. That is pretty much true I suppose, but not entirely IMO.
  • If Krayt has been rebuilding the Sith in secret for over a hundred years, and I believe the story is 140 years after Yavin, that means he begins the process during LOTF. So does that mean that he is independent from the
    Luminya/Jacen
    Sith? Does that make what goes on in LOTF in regards to the Sith more or less irrelevant?
  • No Solos mentioned, only the line of Skywalkers. Does that mean that by that era the Solo line of Jedi is no more?
  • All the discussion during the DN trilogy and presumably the LOTF about whether the Jedi should serve the Alliance or the will of the Force is really mute on two points. One, there will soon be no Alliance to serve, and two, they essentially choose both, in seperate groups. Maybe that topic will be part of the interaction between the two factions.
  • Although I still have some reservations about the art, having seen more my view of it has improved. First, the good:
    • IMO most of the characters look Star Wars-y. The Imperial Knights look cool, and most of the regular Jedi are recognizable as such, with robes similar to what we know. Stormtroopers look like stormtroopers, etc.
    • Most of the ships look reasonably cool looking, especailly the Star Destroyers.
    • I think some of the Sith look pretty cool. Tattoos are in.

The bad:

• Several characters have big Quinlan Vos type hair.
    • The new TIEs look kind of lame.
    • There is a female Hutt that looks ridiculous.
    • Some of the Sith look rather over the top.
    • I don't really like the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

[*]It is made clear that the Imperial Knights are viewed as the "Gray Jedi" of the Order, but it is made clear that they do not use the Dark Side.

[*]There are so many characters from very different aspects of life, from Emperor to street thug, it will be interesting to see how the overall story incorporates them all.

[*]There are no mention of individual Vong characters. Only that they screwed over the Galaxy a second time (on purpose or otherwise).

Overall, I think the series has potential. It will probably be somewhat divisive among the fanbase, but I think it will be more accepted than the NJO. It gets back to more familair Star Wars, like KOTOR does. But no one can say that they didn't do something different. :)

nice work Primeage :)

Interesting that Ostrander wasnt in on LOTF planning ?? I was thinking the

Lumiya/Jacen

combo sows the seeds of the events of of the comics. I hope this is addressed somehow, and once again thanks to those clowns makings comics we are faced with a (potential?) significant inconsistency and more retconning to happen sometime in the future....dammit :p

Goes looking for Kurgan's "restart EU" button activator :D

btw Prime, whats the artwork like. Is there are SW feel to it like the great SW titles of the past ??

mtfbwya

Interesting that Ostrander wasnt in on LOTF planning ??
He and others have mentioned that each party (novel and comic writers) are well aware of what the each other are doing.

I was thinking the

Lumiya/Jacen

combo sows the seeds of the events of of the comics.

As I mentioned, Ostrander is fully aware of what the LOTF writers are doing, and vice versa. They also have the full support of LL (of course). Currently there doesn't appear to be any connection between the LOTF Sith and the Sith we see in Legacy (fine by me). Which is what led to my original comment that Legacy may make the Sith stuff in LOTF more or less irrelevant in the long run...

The bigger connection between them is more likely to be the establishment of the Empire by the end of the LOTF series.

I hope this is addressed somehow, and once again thanks to those clowns makings comics we are faced with a (potential?) significant inconsistency and more retconning to happen sometime in the future....dammit :p
If there are such inconsistencies, why is it the comics fault? The Legacy era will be well established by the time LOTF finishes, so presumably it will be the LOTF's responsibility to fit in with Legacy! In the end I expect them to be fairly seperate and not really dependent on each other.

btw Prime, whats the artwork like. Is there are SW feel to it like the great SW titles of the past ??
I'll see if I can post some scans...

• 2 weeks later...

Yep agreed the first issue was a great start cant wait for the next!

Darth Krayt is fantastic and the opening message from his holocron makes me think even more that he is Jacen Solo

Really like the new T.I.Es too from the looks of things it seems theres one piloted by a person and the two wingmen could possibly droids? well judging by the way the cockpit windows are.

...Darth Krayt is fantastic and the opening message from his holocron makes me think even more that he is Jacen Solo...

hehehe. that would be awesome :D

...Remember a few years back. Halfway into NJO, when Jacen went evil anakin style on Tsavong Lah upon finding he had tortured Leia. I said from back then that he was going to be the focus of the future EU. But who listened to poor uncle Astro :violin: Then of course in Traitor and The Unifying Force it become more than apparent :)

Jacen is a great character, so full of contradictions but immensely strong in the force. Remind you of someone ;)

mtfbwya

Archived