Home

Who started the Mandalorian Wars?

Point Man

You wouldn't have had to twist the mandalorian's arms to get them to war.

The way they went about drawing the Republic out suggests that they didn't all of a sudden just decide to act on the sith's proposal.

The were calculated in their moves. Targeting worlds easily conquered close enough for the Republic to notice and be wary, but outside their offical terrtorial space.

Go back to the first game because Canderous tells you that it was the Sith who went to the Mandalorians about going to war with the Republic.

And Canderous wasn't Mandalore at that time, somebody else was. All I'm saying is that the statement made by Carth is now fact in the KOTOR story.

I doesn't seem like the Mandalorians would need to be forced to fight the republic. And it doesn't exactly conclude that they were forced to fight the republic, it just says that it might not have been their idea.

It does not say it might not have been their idea. It says clearly that...

"That it hadn't been the Mandalorians choice to attack the Republic."

No, it "clearly" says that "He said that he believed something had been behind the Mandalorian Wars"...

It's all guess work, and Carth is talking about what Revan had said. Revan wasn't physically 'there' when/if the Sith came to the Mandalorians with an offer...nor could he have known for sure.

It sounds to me it was added by OE as a plot topic to push the story further (as in, something to base a KotOR III off of)... given the opportunity. Or to explain why Revan is "missing" in the game, off to explore this speculation...

That statement wouldn't be there if it wasn't going to be true. TSL has clearly opened the door for a KOTOR III.

Not necessarily..

How would OE know if they were going to be the ones doing the next of the series? The next developers could totally bypass that speculation and say "Nope. Revan found out that wasn't what happened..."

Nothing is concrete until we get the next of the KotOR series ;)

And Canderous wasn't Mandalore at that time, somebody else was. All I'm saying is that the statement made by Carth is now fact in the KOTOR story.

The first point i was making is judging from all the stuff we are told about Mandalorians is that. Why would the Mandalorians choose to not attack the Republic and then get forced into the conflict? That doesn't seem very in character for the Clans.

Looking back on it, Carth's sentence seems akwardly worded. It hadn't been their "choice"...

That could imply that either they were thrown into starting a conflict against their will....

Or that the initial decision to begin the invasion had not been theirs, but somebody had told them to. Now exactly how much "forcing" would be involved in the proccess is open to debate.

Here's the thing about anything Carth says, he doesn't know first hand. He wasn't there when the wars first started, Canderous was. Canderous knows what happened and why the Mandalorian attacks first began. Carth's info is second, third or even fourth hand and not first. Carth speculates about things but has no actual first hand knowledge so I'll believe what Canderous says over what Carth says about the start of the Mandalorian War.

Carth's info is second, third or even fourth hand and not first. Carth speculates about things but has no actual first hand knowledge so I'll believe what Canderous says over what Carth says about the start of the Mandalorian War.

Carth is going by with Revan said. And again, why throw that in there if it wasn't going to be true?

It goes back when Canderous said that the Sith retreated and thought it would be centuries before they came back. Canderous confused the "true" Sith with the Sith that were attacking the Republic, alas Darth Malak. When we first saw that statement, we didn't think about it being the true Sith, did we?

All I'm saying as the story has progressed, new things have been revealed and one of those things are that it wasn't the Mandalorians choice to attack the Republic.

I have to agree with Shem. Game Developers don't put lines of dialogue in like that without them being true. If any character says anything, it has to be true.

Unless the statement a character makes is speculation.

...as it is in this case.

He's speaking about what Revan *believed* to be the case.

Revan himself didn't know either. He just tells Carth what he's feeling.

Carth takes it for gospel and tells the exile this. We won't know if it's the case until the next game. We'll see then where the plot leads us.

Unless the statement a character makes is speculation.

...as it is in this case.

Again, it comes down to why put that line in there? What is the point if it isn't going to be true? Things change, more details come out, just like I said earlier that Canderous referred to the Sith that made the Mandalorians an offer as the same Sith that Revan and Malak were leading against the Republic. There was no mention of the true Sith in the original game, though Canderous talked a little about them, but again like I just said, he referred to them as the same Sith that Revan and Malak were leading.

Heres the thing

Which scenario do you guys thing is more likly to have place out?

Scenario A -

Sith guy: Hey why don't you attack the Republic?

Mandalore: But i don't want to attack the Republic...

Sith guy: [Force persuade] You've changed your mind, and tell all the other clans to follow you even if they don't want to.

Mandalore: I command you all to attack the Republic!

Mandalorian: We're attacking what now?!

Scenario B -

Sith guy: Hey why don't you attack the republic?

Mandalore: Hey! Theres a great idea! Lets all attack the Republic!

Mandalorians: YEA!

Archived