Home

Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]

Thrik

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

psychonautsbug.jpg

I experienced a glitch that made night become DAY!

It was a while ago but I think this is how it went:

1. use bacon to get out of milla's mind

2. don't have ford put you back

3. play normally until it's dark

4. go to ford and ask him to put you back where you were

When I did that, I got teleported to the platform on the lake, with no one around. I forgot if the entire camp was abandoned, but I don't think so. Also the horn doesn't work. Raz will say "I think I need to be closer to shore" even if you're directly on it.

The items in the scavenger hunt are supposedly all from past LucasArts adventure games. If anybody can help to fill this out by naming where each one came from it'd be awesome. I've filled a few out but the rest.. nada.

As a reminder, here are the objects:

Turkey Sandwich (???)

Gold Doubloon (???)

Eagle Claw (???)

Voodoo Doll (Monkey Island 2)

Pirate Scope (Monkey Island ???)

Glass Eye (???)

Golden Acorn (???)

Miner's Skull (???)

Fertility Idol (???)

Dinosaur Bone (???)

Condor Egg (???)

Cherry Pipe (???)

Diver's Helmet (???)

Fossil (???)

Gold Watch (???)

The Psychonauts comic obviously doesn't count. ;)

The dinosaur bone could possibly be from The Dig, although I don't know if it a dinosaur bone was an actual inventory item. This whole thing could be speculation of course, but we may as well look into it.

There are some special figments around the game which are direct references to Double Fine. In the first floor of the first meat circus tent, there is a muscleman figment which is lifted directly from the original Double Fine Action Comic. The Double Fine mascot and logo, "Two Headed Baby", also can be found as a figment in various places.

(if you can add extra information to this, please do!)

The blimp seen in Lungfishopolis is a possible reference to Grim Fandango, where a blimp suspended above a bridge is prominently visible whilst exploring part of Rubacava. Just like Razputin in Psychonauts, Manny Calavera in Grim Fandango says the words "There it is..." whilst in this area.

However, in Grim Fandango Manny is in fact referring to the large cat racing track when he says this which is just visible towards the right of the screenshot. Despite this, there is still a strong chance that it is a reference as Tim Schafer was also responsible for Grim Fandango.

razblimp001.jpg

razblimp002.jpg

Thanks to Tingler for this reference and the screenshots!

Turkey Sandwich (???)

There are lots of random sandwiches on the submarine in Fate of Atlantis? Not sure if this is one of them though!

Gold Doubloon (???)

The interface from Curse of Monkey Island.

Eagle Claw (???)

Voodoo Doll (Monkey Island 2)

Pirate Scope (Monkey Island ???)

Monkey Island 1, presumably. There's a telescope on Monkey Island, at least.

Glass Eye (???)

The guy in the SCUMM Bar in MI1 has a glass eye.

Also, Captain Dread has an eye(???) on a necklace as a good luck charm.

Golden Acorn (???)

Miner's Skull (???)

Fertility Idol (???)

The wimpy idol from MI1?

Dinosaur Bone (???)
Sam and Max at the dinosaur park, I presume!

Condor Egg (???)

Cherry Pipe (???)

Diver's Helmet (???)

Fossil (???)

The Dig?

Gold Watch (???)

A lot of those are just guesses, though. There's nothing from Grim Fandango or Full Throttle, which is a bit odd, considering.

Thats what I thought too, maybe I had been playing too long. Though I lost the voices anywhere; from the camp, inside minds, to Thorny Towers.

I'm just glad you can rewatch movies, otherwise I would have missed quite a bit. ^^;

There are some special figments around the game which are direct references to Double Fine. In the first floor of the first meat circus tent, there is a muscleman figment which is lifted directly from the original Double Fine Action Comic. The Double Fine mascot and logo, "Two Headed Baby", also can be found as a figment in various places.

(if you can add extra information to this, please do!)

Not necessaraly a figment, but our favorite baby is on the rug in the camp lounge's TV room.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention the pics flying around Ford's sanctuary, involving the suposed pic of Tim with an eye patch, and the various videogame screens like asteroids, I think.

Less of a glitch then a complete error. During 'The Milkman Conspiracy' and 'Gloria's theatre', Ford Cruller, via Bacon, continually used the wrong hints. Like telling me to get to the book depositorium without first obtaining to rifle. And in the theatre, wondering whether the prop doors were real without the lantern being lit.

Um, in Baisic Braining, right wehen you get to the series of walls with flamethrowers on them, before the place where you punch the wall to get to the series of verticle ropes, you drop out of a tunnel, when you land, look behind you in the sky.

You will see a ring, I'm not sure if ti's the exit to the tunnel, or something else, but it's still there.

I also remember someone mentioning a trick to land in the room where you fight the denmother by dropping under the house and levitatite parachuting.

Um, I got a pic of this...

hoop.jpg

Um, in Baisic Braining, right wehen you get to the series of walls with flamethrowers on them, before the place where you punch the wall to get to the series of verticle ropes, you drop out of a tunnel, when you land, look behind you in the sky.

You will see a ring, I'm not sure if ti's the exit to the tunnel, or something else, but it's still there.

I also remember someone mentioning a trick to land in the room where you fight the denmother by dropping under the house and levitatite parachuting.

It's definatley the exit from the tunnel.

As for the Milkman trick, it is FAKE. Raz simply went under and lost an Astral Projection Layer.

I personally think, in what could be the THIRD Easter Egg from the same picture, that the birds in the Camptime at Day Loading Screen are a reference to the second image from Tim Schafer's first game Day of the Tentacle.

DOTT2.jpg

DOTT3.jpg

load1.jpg

And of course the first image from DOTT is this...

DOTT1.jpg

Look familiar?

Psychonauts1.jpg

I think Milla's "nightmare" room is definitely a nice little easter egg for most people. It doesn't actually have anything in it except the tortured souls of dead children... ! (I think the PC Zone interview/article goes some way to explain this... Pretty interesting!).

Also, surely the extra video should be added as an easter egg? If you bother to get 100 rank...

you get a nice little video showing Mr. Pokeylope and Linda (from the Lake).

Archived