Home

Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]

Thrik

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on, if you look at the background of third pic in there, it's definately the Brain Tumbler Experiment.

Looks like a projected (read: Planned) version of it.

Wait... let me pull up my e3 demo tape.

Hoi, it is. But wait... Raz was fighting Linda in there... that whole 'burning-eyed diver-helmet spitting demon' thing in the Brain Tumbler experiment must've been a proposed boss battle that got canned.

That last one might've been the rotating log puzzle of doom from Oleander's mind, especially considering that his mind would be a bunker... if it wasn't a meat factory.

1. Judging the fact that the cencors look the same in pics 1 and 3, I'd say those were early versions of what cencors looked like in Raz's brain, or maybe it was intended to be someone elses originally, I don't know.

2. Milla's, hands down. Remember all the TVs all over the place? I assume thos cameras would film Raz as he went through the level and put him on the TV screens as well.

3. Same as 1.

4. I assume this was part of the milkman conspiracy, and you were supposed to go through vents at some point in the book depository r the post office, and you would stumble into the vent pictured. Only a guess though.

I get the impression that there were originally plans to theme the censors for every single level — or at least, some of them — but at some point this was scrapped for whatever reason. It seems kind of odd that they evidently created them for the Brain Tumbler experiment but later removed them, though.

Perhaps it was a simple design decision to remove confusion, since at that point in the game you'd only just been introduced to censors by Sasha; it'd be fairly easy to think that those were something totally different. I think it'd have been better if they were themed to fit each mind, though. Censors in Waterloo dress code? Best ever. :)

As for those cameras in picture #3, that certainly does look like Milla's mind if the scenery is taken into account. I have to admit, though: I always thought they were from an early Boyd mind when I saw those images in the past — flying cameras watching your moves would fit in well with the general theme of that level.

They were themed, just not super-extravagantly. I remember that Fred's had little Napoleon hats on, and Milla's had disco hats or something. Edgar's were in neon... and Gloria had a theme, but i can't put my finger on it.

I like the idea of meat censors. They could be, like, made of pork, or something.

Also, I don't know if this counts, but I've found something. In the campfire area, there's a picture of a Bob Zanatto. Well... on the PS2 version, at least.

Archived