Home

Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]

Thrik

I was playing through the game for my 6th or 7th time, and something happened in the Brain Tumbler Experiment that I hadn't seen at any other time that I played the game.

It was after getting the Psi Blast, and Raz had to go and shoot the monster in his head (Shadowy Linda figure). To the right of the figure there was a cobweb, and I had the Cobweb Duster, and sucked it up. The vaccum thing that shoots out to collect cobwebs stayed stuck in midair, even though the cobweb was sucked up. It was really strange... I could still finish the level with no problems, but the hose stretched through all the cave walls and rocks to reach the area where the cobweb used to be. I couldn't use any other items, bacon, smelling salts, etc. I also noticed that eventually, after the hose stretched some distance, Raz held the Duster ackwardly, almost like he had to forcefully pull it along...

I play it on the PS2, if that matters.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some glitch in this thread about Raz glitching and continuing to say "Want to measure my wrist? Just in case," over and over and over, and the only way to stop him was to leave to a different area. I don't know if the way to achieve this has already been posted, but I know what it is:

After getting the Psi Blast, but before going back to the Experiment, you can go to the main lodge and talk to Lili. The whole bracelet conversation happens there, and then you can talk to Lili after and Raz will say the "Measure my rist" line. If you talk to Lili when Raz says this line, and immediately try and firestart her, the glitch will happen. Also, i like to listen to Coach Oleander broadcast the bunny story in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a really weird glitch in Gloria's Theater on my first two playthroughs

At the catwalk part, there was no sound (except for the noises that Oatmeal makes) until you started fighting Jasper...

But this only happened the first two times I played. After that the sound was completely normal.

Another sort of funny glitch I found was when I used a confusion grenade on Fred and he stayed confused until I left the area, saying how important victory was to him over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just in case you didn't know, If you havn't read the notice boards, DO IT. Read all the messages at each of the 4 or so stages of progression at whispering rock. I found out this on my second playthrough.

Despite being very humorous it also gives more details to krystal and whatshisfaces attempted suicide.

Archived