Home

Ramming nd Scrapin

darth_vadar_13

jst to make the game a bit more realistic i think ramming other capital ships nd space stations should be allowed. If this is not possible atleast if 2 ships r side by side they should really be scraping each others paintwork of or a litlle more if ther goin faster. I also think tht u should be enabled to capture imperial or rebel capital ships nd use them as a decoy to get behind enemy lines. tis would add lots more stratgy into the game.

thanks!

I don't think that ramming other ships is really in the nature of the Rebellion or Empire. The Rebellion tries to preserve all ships and personnel because they don't have a limitless supply like the Empire. It would be a neat gameplay element but not for this first release. I see an expansion with the Yuuzhan Vong that allows them to ram ships or self-destruct.

The problem is that if you add ramming in it gets out of control really quickly, and you'll have lots of cheap units constantly kamikazing or at the very least it'll destroy the strategic element of the battles, since whoever starts to lose will try that and it'll become less about fleet tactics and more one giant game of chicken.

Like the film ROTJ where the SSD crashed. I'd like the ability to make enemy ships crash into one another. Take out the engines of a capital ship, minimizing its turning circle making it almost uncontrollable, with a possibility of crashing into a ship of the same class (Since different classes tend to fly in different planes).

From what little experience I have of Homeworld Cataclysm, which only allowed it with smaller ships, it would be a serious gameplay disaster. Think of something like corvettes or other cheap ships swarming an ISD. Combat power and speed would have to be balanced versus cost in two very different ways which would undermine the balancing of more standard tactics.

Hey, A-Wing kamikazes wouldn't be a bad thing... There was that guy in RotJ that kamikazied his A-Wing into the bridge of that SSD.... Hell, they'd be keeping with the whole Star Wars theme, I've got it in my Star Wars materials, I've got the Star Wars: Behind the Magic LucasArts thing, and they said it was a Kamikaze.... So yeah... But when when the battle becomes desperate.... hehe

Hey, A-Wing kamikazes wouldn't be a bad thing... There was that guy in RotJ that kamikazied his A-Wing into the bridge of that SSD.... Hell, they'd be keeping with the whole Star Wars theme, I've got it in my Star Wars materials, I've got the Star Wars: Behind the Magic LucasArts thing, and they said it was a Kamikaze.... So yeah... But when when the battle becomes desperate.... hehe

but he didn't do it on purpose :p he lost control of his a-wing

No he didn't....

After reading Wikipedia his A-Wing was indeed damaged....

Still some fighters could have a kamikaze option when they're on the verge of destrouction... An option that only appears when there's like one or two fighters left... Very rare circumstances...

well I like the kamikaze idea but, I would prefer it if any units could use the kamikaze option but if only fighters could use it then I would bring a large amount of fighters just for that.

Mon calamari is ramming down the ISD, and being rammed by the asteroid..... or what?

I think that ramming ability is not so bad, but It's not the style of the Star wars.... of course they could add possibility opf crashing... I mean that some fighter possibly could crash into capital ship or space station or asteroid...

i appreciate it, if there wouldn't be a suicide-like option but the effect of slight damages due to collisions like in ESB when the falcon is followed by an ISD and there are two ISDs at interception course and the crash into another

or maybe it should not do damage but it should at least some create some confusion, because the ships would have to navigate backwards again so they are not able to fight for some seconds (i do not only mean this for an scenario of two imp ships crashing but also imps with rebs)

Archived