Home

Empire at War goes GOLD

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

LucasArts is excited to announce that Star Wars: Empire at War has officially GONE GOLD on PC and is scheduled to “command” its way onto store shelves on February 16, 2006.

Star Wars: Empire at War puts the power to command an entire war for the Star Wars galaxy at your fingertips, with battles focused on action-packed combat rather than tedious resource gathering. Set a few years before the events of Episode IV A New Hope, LucasArts’ new PC game lets players wage war on ground and in space, as well as experience the creation of the Rebel Alliance, the strengthening of the Empire and the beginnings of the Galactic Civil War.

Star Wars: Empire at War is developed by Petroglyph and published by LucasArts. For more information and to download the playable demo, go to the official product website at http://www.empireatwar.com.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK
what exactly does 'gone gold' mean?

Basically it means that all the testing has been done and all the polish on the game (code) - and its free from the developers and off to the production line to be prepared for sale.

During the development process, all the art work, Instruction booklet are already produced and now can be printed as well.

DMUK

Does the CE edition ship earlier?

Yet, i even hate that USA is getting it one day earlier...this happened with Force Commander too, and a moderators started posting scanned images of the manual etc etc etc.......grrrrrrrrrr

This is called psychological torture... :)

So True. It is excellent news. The best word(s) in English would be "Star Wars." :xp:

Would it be different in another language?

Another thought: My girlfriend is gonna miss me, ...and so soon after Vanletine's Day. I'll have to buy extra flowers.

Another thought: My girlfriend is gonna miss me, ...and so soon after Vanletine's Day. I'll have to buy extra flowers.

My girlfriend will be playing the game with me... We're actually buying each other copies of the game for V-Day gifts... and going out to dinner of course.

My girlfriend will be playing the game with me... We're actually buying each other copies of the game for V-Day gifts... and going out to dinner of course.

You're a lucky man. I had to pay for singing lessons so that mine would have a hobby that takes up a bunch of her time.

I tried using jedi mind tricks, but she's a therapist and mind tricks do not work on them, only money...

Well in my experience playing with past RTS games, such as Dune, Westwood before being bought out by EA, did have some good support for the community with patches and whatnot. I'm hoping the same can be said now they are with LA. So far the game is shaping up to be one of the best RTS's out there.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Dune 2 had me so addicted on the amiga. I believe the first exclusive review will be PC Gamer in the UK as well, so keep your eyes open.

DMUK

Archived