Home

New Ideas For KOTOR III

Spartanghost220

Now I know thereis alot of these threads out there but most end up in bs so I just wanted to make one that will hopefully stay on topic.

I was thinking of mostly new force powers and feats, I do have other ideas but I wanted to mnow what others thought of these ideas:

Forces Powers:

-Force Skill: A power that add points to a skill at a cost of force and some othrer thing for the time used, can be different force power for different skill and higher levels for more points.

-Force Flame: A Fire damage one like that of lighting

-Force Shield: A bubble shield that protects from anything for a time at the cost of force and not being able to attack

-Force Summon: Summon lightsabers like in KOTOR 2, one at first level up to three at third

-Force Inegration: Allows charcter to wear any armor class and use any force powers

Feats:

-Force Bond: Be able to force bond with one jedi character if there is enough influnence

-Battle Armor: Allows wearing of any armor will little or no dexerity lost

-Targeting: Skill to all not just scouts for those who use blasters

-Precsion Strike: Like that of the shot verison but to melee and hand to hand which gives bonus to hit and negative to dodge

-Echina (whatever) Strike: For those who want more hand to hand combat power can be gained if you train somewere or something

-Workout: Add bonus to strength

-Marthaon: Add bonus to dexerity

-Medation: Add bonus to wisdom

-Impant Powers: I have of couple of these but they follow a general catergory:

--Impant Switching: Like mandalore

--Impant Eyes: Impanted high tech eyes that give bonus to attacks with blasters; give more accuary and range with weapons and add points to skills

--Impant Hands: Impant high tech hands that add to melee attacks and add points to skills

--Bio Impants: Impant high tech organs that add poison restaince and more health

Also I belive you sould be able as male to wear no shirt and female have a bra thing but with that a would like the characters to get tattoos so you went like dark side you could make your charcter have some dark tattoos . Also you charcter sould show more of how they are like if you go all stength your character looks really tuff and strong and if you do all wisdom or something you charcter has a dark or light energy around them.

Well leave me you input of these ideas and add to them

Should have named the topic "New Feats/Force Powers"

Well, I thought up three LS and DS powers.

Weaken: Meant to just...weaken...an enemy, not kill. Does little damage (increases with each level) and takes points off attributes (small amounts) and has a whatever % chance of stunning for X amount of time. Good when you get all three effects.

Throw: Somewhat like Push, but you send them flying a certain distance based on the level. Like for 1, 10 meters, 2, 20 meters, and 3 30 meters. However, if they hit a wall, they stop and take double the damage they would if they went the full distance.

Teleport: Self explanatory. Good for saving your butt, but seeing as it's such a cheap power, it would have to soak up a LOT of FP.

As for the DS powers:

Explosion: Kind of like a mine, it makes a fire explosion that does whatever-whatever amount of damage and knocks opponents down. At higher levels it also does Physical damage.

Wait...I forgot the rest. Oh well.

Ok, this is what I want. This is more of a storyline option...

Well, this is from my point of view. I'm a big fan of DnD and start off as some lowly nobody. As I began my early stages of DnD, my friends and I meet these famed NPC characters that everyone knows and loves. In fact, they are even our own idols. You meet them a couple of times, never really get to know them until you are much higher level. When you finally get around their level or even at their level, they begin to start making friends with you, show you respect, and even ask for your help. That is one of the greatest feelings of them all during DnD is to have one of your idols see you as an equal and it could work in everyday life as well.

So perhaps you don't get Revan and the Exile towards the last half of the game? Perhaps you are just a slave to some Sith on the Outer Rim and when you go and do your chores or menial tasks for your Master, you catch glimpses (cutscenes) of Revan and the Exile whether it be trying to recruit people in secret for their cause or exterminating a few prominent Sith when no one was looking.

You gain a few levels and pretty soon your idols ask you to join their Resistance group which is in an abandoned warehouse. You start off as the lowliest rank and Revan and the Exile only talk to you to give out orders, but as you gain levels, they began to show interest in you. During this time, you are ordered to pick up valuable Kotor I and II characters to help out the Exile and Revan which would include Bastila, Carth, the droids, Atton, and Visas if they are not there already yet. All but Bastila have a chance of joining your party until you have an option of becoming an apprentice.As you progress through the storyline,they raise you up a rank every few levels and soon you are an apprentice under Revan or the Exile.What job you choose affects what teacher will go along with you and each teacher will represent a different job.

For example, Revan could be either the prestige class of Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder. Bastila could be a Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin, and the Exile could be a Jedi Master/Sith Lord. Once you become an apprentice and the teacher being in your party, you are led to do more covert missions and soon you are just as knee-deep in the problems as any of the famed Jedi/Sith are.I would be very happy if that happened, just would make my character feel that much more important.

Whether Revan or the Exile die in the end is up in the air (maybe one saves the other by taking a hit or one sacrifices themself for you when you should have died?), but I would actually like to party with them for a little bit if I have to see them go. They need to be a big part of the storyline, and I think my idea (while not perfect) is a good one at least.

P.S. Also, I think that all the plotholes need to be fixed whether it is love stories or someone from Kotor I or II's story.

P.S.S. Constructive criticism please.

well well thanks for the post but i have some things to say back.

-for the force skills it would just give you that extra point boost in early levels like to unlock a extra hard box or something and if you need like one or two points to build a item.

- force fire i meant by like lighting that you could do a flamethrower effect like how the lighting goes out at everyone but this would be fire damage so its be like bbq tofu.

- the shield would cover all damage unlike a regular shield that still can be hit with some stuff so if you were about to die you could use to shield yourself to get some time to heal.

- force bonds still are a good idea and it wasnt just for storyline it was for gameplay too allowing you use one force power for two people saving some needed force points for combat.

most of the feats I said make your character stronger I found that sometime being limited to jedi powers itsnt the best and you sould be able to be more open in choices. cause maybe you dont want to use force powers you just want to blast stuff to bits with your guns you sould be able to focus on the area you want and feats like targeting and echani strike you can get for your character well help you in that.

Along with my attribute and implant ideas that are just to boost your character not to make the game "Un balanced" and plus the game doesnt have to be perefctly balanced I mean your character sould just slay through people and not to be held down by balanced gameplay lol. the clothes thing is for look kinda like how sion looked just make your charcter look cooler so there yeah go

I like your idea for a storyline, I do belive through that you sould meet the exile and revan in the game. I think that KOTOR 3 sould be based off your actions in KOTOR 2 like when you start a new game you can load for a KOTOR 2 finshed game that decides some of the outcomes in KOTOR 3 with that in mind most of the game would be based off your past actions, like number one did you destory the republic or save it and what did you do with your characters. there is alot of ideas out there but you sould start out as a nobody like grunt you begins to feel the force from wierd visions and end up being the chain the force, in such that how revan was the life and the exile was the death of the force. Through the game you sould meet up with people from both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 some that will join you again as you try to follow your visions and find the two unknown people which are revan and the exile. pretty much i think the real sith overwhelm revan and the exile and they start to invade again conquing outer rim planets and you have to join up and help them conquer or destory them for good. then again thats just a idea give me some feed back on that

Also I belive it would be great to follow a story set in the mandlorian wars set starting right before the mandlorian wars break out and either you are a young padwan or a mandlorian who from fighting the jedi gains a connection with the force and is exiled from his clan or something

Some good ideas, some not so good.

Personally, the only thing I want changed is having a new Force power based on the second tier of Force Push. It just never seemed right to me to have a cyclone thingy in the middle of two force push levels, so it should be a new power.

Yes, I know its part of the new force powers mod, but we're talking K3 here.

Originally Posted by Spartanghost220

-Workout: Add bonus to strength

-Marthaon: Add bonus to dexerity

-Medation: Add bonus to wisdom

Or you could just invest in those attributes in the attribute assignment screen.

Sorry Hal, he's right it's a good idea. They had this feat in some edited Dn'D games and in NWN.

-Force Flame: A Fire damage one like that of lighting

So a fire version of lightning? That goes up there with 'a tofu version of meat'

Remember force destruction? Or deadly sight? I do... both good fire spells. Also unless they give a flame thrower (which is unlikely but we need it) we'll need something for the mean time might as well be this.

-Force Shield: A bubble shield that protects from anything for a time at the cost of force and not being able to attack

We could just use a shield for that and still be able to attack.

now both of you are wrong on this one, its already in the game it just REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS -5 const

-bonus to feat :SUCKS

-Force Inegration: Allows charcter to wear any armor class and use any force powers

Have you heard of game balance? It was one of the many thing that showed up in K1, but not in K2.

Could work maybe if it used multiple levels to get to heavy or could only be used with light armor. Also I think this should be used as many jedi armors are aquire-able and guess what? the armor is unusable to jedi simply because it is armor

-Echina (whatever) Strike: For those who want more hand to hand combat power can be gained if you train somewere or something

Echani Strike seems more like a unique feat than a general one.

I'm not so sure hall, I don't like the fact that after leveling a certain amount you become David Carridine. I'd rather have it so you can chose to become a kung pao fu master. Plus t'was stated several times that Echani arts are taught to millitary force all over the galaxy meaning it is a comon art and prolly easy to access/learn.

Darn I gtg but I'll talk about me ideas later. ;)

Personally, the only thing I want changed is having a new Force power based on the second tier of Force Push. It just never seemed right to me to have a cyclone thingy in the middle of two force push levels, so it should be a new power.

You know that didn't make any sense to me either. What I think would be neat is to be able to do the Force whirlwind and the Force Wave but it is a progression as you grow stronger in the Force. One ability I would like is to be able to summon a lightsaber to the hand, that is if you are captured or like what Kreia did and use a telekinesis on lightsabers.

I like your idea for a storyline, I do belive through that you sould meet the exile and revan in the game. I think that KOTOR 3 sould be based off your actions in KOTOR 2 like when you start a new game you can load for a KOTOR 2 finshed game that decides some of the outcomes in KOTOR 3 with that in mind most of the game would be based off your past actions, like number one did you destory the republic or save it and what did you do with your characters. there is alot of ideas out there but you sould start out as a nobody like grunt you begins to feel the force from wierd visions and end up being the chain the force, in such that how revan was the life and the exile was the death of the force. Through the game you sould meet up with people from both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 some that will join you again as you try to follow your visions and find the two unknown people which are revan and the exile. pretty much i think the real sith overwhelm revan and the exile and they start to invade again conquing outer rim planets and you have to join up and help them conquer or destory them for good. then again thats just a idea give me some feed back on that

Also I belive it would be great to follow a story set in the mandlorian wars set starting right before the mandlorian wars break out and either you are a young padwan or a mandlorian who from fighting the jedi gains a connection with the force and is exiled from his clan or something

Thank you for your comments =) I appreciate all criticisms and compliments^^

Should have named the topic "New Feats/Force Powers"

Well, I thought up three LS and DS powers.

Weaken: Meant to just...weaken...an enemy, not kill. Does little damage (increases with each level) and takes points off attributes (small amounts) and has a whatever % chance of stunning for X amount of time. Good when you get all three effects.

Throw: Somewhat like Push, but you send them flying a certain distance based on the level. Like for 1, 10 meters, 2, 20 meters, and 3 30 meters. However, if they hit a wall, they stop and take double the damage they would if they went the full distance.

Teleport: Self explanatory. Good for saving your butt, but seeing as it's such a cheap power, it would have to soak up a LOT of FP.

As for the DS powers:

Explosion: Kind of like a mine, it makes a fire explosion that does whatever-whatever amount of damage and knocks opponents down. At higher levels it also does Physical damage.

Wait...I forgot the rest. Oh well.

I agree..

Burst the bubble like Rob? :p I think it is fun to just think of the possibilities. Not all of us are techies in the sense of the rules of RPG and turn based combat.

more or less these are just ideas and i'm hoping that they dont use the same turn based combat system for KOTOR 3 and at least improve the system or make a better one with that in mind these ideas arent crazy they could be possible. And speaking of which I find that the star wars lore is good to go with but we still want a game to be a game so if a game has stuff that isnt in star wars lore it souldnt be like blasted in the face cause it doesnt follow how star wars goes. the game sould be able to do whatever it wants but still stay within the star wars universe and not have president bush running around with a lightsaber killing every hooded firgue he finds but still have you able to force lighting people to hell

Ordinarily I'd always prefer real-time fighting to turn based, but this game has a great turn based fighting system and the thing I like most about it is that lightsaber and other close combat duels look like actual duels, while in real-time you would circle around your opponent with your lightsaber (or any other melee weapon) and try to hit him instead of air and that wouldn't look like much of a duel to me.

Ordinarily I'd always prefer real-time fighting to turn based, but this game has a great turn based fighting system and the thing I like most about it is that lightsaber and other close combat duels look like actual duels, while in real-time you would circle around your opponent with your lightsaber (or any other melee weapon) and try to hit him instead of air and that wouldn't look like much of a duel to me.

actaully its not bad, duel are possible in real time fighting. turn based isn't bad or anything but it needs some work, i dont there isnt much dueling in KOTOR most the time you hit them they hit not that exciting, maybe they sould make a complex dueling system for KOTOR 3 to solve problems

I never said real-time is bad, only that it wouldn't fit very well in this game.

Actually, I enjoyed playing Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, even though my lightsaber duels would sometimes be nothing more than chasing my opponent around the room while cutting air with my lightsaber until I'd finally slice up my opponent.

I never said real-time is bad, only that it wouldn't fit very well in this game.

Actually, I enjoyed playing Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, even though my lightsaber duels would sometimes be nothing more than chasing my opponent around the room while cutting air with my lightsaber until I'd finally slice up my opponent.

yeah some games do a poor job i would love if they mixed the features of the turn based with real time so it feels like a real time but runs like a turn based would be very nice

That's exactly what they did in KoTOR, to a degree. KoTOR's system is turn based, but it gives you the feeling of real-time. You pause the game only when you want to, the swordfights look great, they should have done a better job with ranged weapons, though. Most of the time you'll miss your target, no matter how close you are to it.

I never said they would unbalance the game, I said that they're already there.

1)Learn to spell

2)There's no sport in unbalanced gameplay. Just get the PC version and use cheats and mods all the way through the game, don't take the challenge out of it for other people. It's a stat driven RPG, and you (from what I see in your confusing, and unorganized posts) don't want any of the stats involved.

1)How about I put my boot up your ass along with my mis-spelling

2)Second *snip*

3)All you talk about is balanced gameplay, and I dont know what the hell your talking about with mods and the pc version cause i'm talking about "IDEAS" for KOTOR 3 and if they even did add these ideas they would have it balanced in the game anyways

4) Maybe you sould take the time to really read some stuff i'm saying, I know there is stats in the game most of the ideas i'm putting in there just improve your character alittle they dont mess up the stat system that is there

5)Sorry if i put some thread with some ideas in it that i just wanted some yes or no answer to not a sword stabing of every little thing that is wrong with it, its a IDEA lol

I don't agree with any of your ideas except for "Force Flame", mostly for other people's reasons.

1) How about you just take out your boot and learn to spell.

2) Umm... He isn't the one being an *snip*. Stop calling people names because they don't agree with your dum ideas.

Just because someone else flames someone doesn't give you the right to do it too Rob! -RH

3) This would seriously un-balance gameplay. You just added every single NPC special feat to the PC, about.

4) We did. We didn't like them. We almost couldn't read some of it because of the spelling.

5) You got "yes" and "no." No one is stabbing your ideas, just disagreeing with them. Stop calling people names because they don't agree with you. Alright, it is an idea - we didn't agree with them, that isn't a crime.

-Force Skill: A power that add points to a skill at a cost of force and some othrer thing for the time used, can be different force power for different skill and higher levels for more points.

That is just kind of dorky, sorry. What is the point, anyways?

-Force Summon: Summon lightsabers like in KOTOR 2, one at first level up to three at third

Force Shield: Don't we already have this, with the Force Armor stuff?

Force Summon: No. For this to turn into a PC power would just be kind of dum. More of a mod idea.

Force Integration: That sounds more like a feat, for one thing. And this is one of those un-balancing things. The force power restrictions are there so it isn't super easy to win the game.

-Force Bond: Be able to force bond with one jedi character if there is enough influnence

-Battle Armor: Allows wearing of any armor will little or no dexerity lost

-Targeting: Skill to all not just scouts for those who use blasters

Force Bond: This is plot-related. To make this into a feat so you can just "bond" to anybody doesn't make any sense.

Battle Armor: This takes away the point of penalties.

Hey Spartanghost220, watch the profanity. You know the rules, no insulting and watch the language. Hallucination is a stickler for spelling and grammer so don't take it personally.

As for the topic idea, I'm not one for too many technicalities unless I take the time for it, but I like the turn based combat system though I do sometimes get little freaky things happening to it. I believe there are certain parameters because of the type of game engine we assume will be used. As for the combat, I think it improved somewhat in TSL from KOTOR. I see you like character customization and we have other people who like that too. Personally I would like to see more of a change should your character fall to the darkside.

I don't agree with any of your ideas except for "Force Flame", mostly for other people's reasons.

1) How about you just take out your boot and learn to spell.

2) Umm... He isn't the one being an *snip*. Stop calling people names because they don't agree with your dum ideas.

3) This would seriously un-balance gameplay. You just added every single NPC special feat to the PC, about.

4) We did. We didn't like them. We almost couldn't read some of it because of the spelling.

5) You got "yes" and "no." No one is stabbing your ideas, just disagreeing with them. Stop calling people names because they don't agree with you. Alright, it is an idea - we didn't agree with them, that isn't a crime.

Thanks for being the first to just say hey they arent good ideas there you go dude not how this and this is wrong and such and how you hate me the end lol

I'm working on spelling so dont get too mad, I spend more time clicking then typing so

My ideas were just things I found from KOTOR and KOTOR 2 that I felt were missing or things that sould have been there. I have beaten KOTOR 2 about 20 or so times so I'm played through every type and some of them i felt needed more to make you feel like you were this natural powerful leader and some I didnt think about Balance but then again the game just to have fun

Hey Spartanghost220, watch the profanity. You know the rules, no insulting and watch the language. Hallucination is a stickler for spelling and grammer so don't take it personally.

As for the topic idea, I'm not one for too many technicalities unless I take the time for it, but I like the turn based combat system though I do sometimes get little freaky things happening to it. I believe there are certain parameters because of the type of game engine we assume will be used. As for the combat, I think it improved somewhat in TSL from KOTOR. I see you like character customization and we have other people who like that too. Personally I would like to see more of a change should your character fall to the darkside.

Thanks you, I'd like to say sorry for the profanity seem I got alittle mad there lol but hey yeah these feats and force ideas would have to be worked out alot more if they were in the game. I agree with you on alot of ideas it seem cause I like turned based but there is some needed improvement. I think character customization is very important and we didnt see it alot in KOTOR 2 as far as visual. I know you could see when you were dark side with the evil face but i was thinking like along the lines of sion with crack in his body or bao with his black lines on his face when he is dark side more or less make you look like you really are a evil dark jedi or the hero light jedi

P.S. Nugget of gold, don't throw this one away I learned this month ago whilst making an ad: NEVER write in block text, not for a poster, not for forums and certainly not for novels; it is so intimidating just try looking at piece of block text. Don't you hear the words "I'll read it later" come to mind?

Rok, I snipped parts of your post because an apology has already been given, and Hal has already withdrawn from the thread, but I kept the helpful hint! ;) -RH

Archived