Home

Galaxies in Single Player

Meta03

Can this game be played in single player mode at all?

I would like to purchase it, but DO DOT want to pay monthly fees to play on-line.

hey singl player would be fun, no flames although then that would be getting id of he concept of the whole game.

i suggest you play guild wars, i may quit galaxies in the next month and go to guild wars which is free.

Galaxies would be a fun single player game, if they filled every planet with quest - not to mention every (or just about every) NPC would give quests... then it would be interesting. But then we have huge vast planets to do absolutley nothing on, unless you want to go hunting in the middle of the dune sea or something.

JCAD, don't buy guild wars, it sucks :( Go play WoW, it's worth the money!

the reason i am going to guild wars is that i dont have to pay to play every month so i wont be restricted to thinking i have to play for my moneys worth, plus i have looked into the good and bad points of both and GW isnt so bad.

consular trust me when i say that gw isnt worth it, it gets very repedative very fast, you make a character and run through the missions and it seems fun, but you hit level 20 after about a week of play and max out, at which point it becomes very boring, the pvp is cool and all but its just not the same...

Believe it or not, some people have yet to try a single massively multiplayer online game; so that was actually a smart question. And better to ask here than the official forums, because we all know how many more Hugos there are over there.

If you want single player Star Wars, I suggest Jedi Academy and Knights of the Old Republic. I hear good things about Empire at War which comes out this month, too, but that's a strategy game. The other two are more... personal.

I have to speak up in support of the "pay to play" system....after spending a couple of years on the PS2 with SOCOM and SWBF......I can tell you that you get ALOT of value for the monthly fee.....Every 2nd or 3rd dday they update or maintain something....and they keep on top of and fix various problems.....in most online games, you will never even hear a response to your Tech support questions......and patches.....forget it....SWBF 2 came out in NOV and is still essentially unplayable online due to the lag and freezing issues with the server software....which essentially NO ONE is paying to impprove....just basic basic mantenance to keep it form completely going down.

The game is more of a single player game now with the NGE than the game has ever been. Pre-CU you could always find hunting groups, and there were alot of things you couldn't solo - unless you were a certain profession or template ;).

IN CU the game started to emphasise group combat, but apparently that was scrapped in favor of the NGE, and now if you are a level 90 you can solo just about anything in the game, with the exception of some mobs in dungeons and such. Before it was even dangerous to travel to Dathomir without friends, which gave a great, foreboding atmosphere to the planet.

I have no beef about monthly fee's, I do, however, have a beef with a certain company that has you pay to play a beta game for 2 years then pulls the rug on it in favor of a revamp, which is basically beta-2.

Archived