Home

My PC And Jedi Academy?

bigbond007

There will be some spots where performance takes a nose-dive. This isn't because of hardware specs, it's the game itself.

OK, I have

2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64

200 GB hdd

1024 MB RAM

nVidia GeForce 6600

Anyhow, I usually get around 60-120 frames per second (FPS). For reference, the game starts behaving well at around 40 FPS, great at 50, excellent above that. But there are spots where, for no reason, my FPS drops to the single-digit range. It happens

1) On t1_sour, looking through transparent glass at the Falcon

2) The other Tattooine level, when you go through the first door and see a Sand Person

3) t2_rancor, a few odd areas

Again, that's because of odd errors in the game, not because of a lack of computer horsepower on my part.

Anyway, Academy takes a little bit more than Outcast because of all the new 3D objects. Not too much difference, but some. Don't play at the same graphics settings as you did for Outcast, or there will be problems. Turn it down from that just a tad.

Hope it helps! Good luck.

I played the game .. and the performance was i think 50% smooth 50% no ... i closed the game when i went through a heart breaking lag on that explosion ( during cutscene ) when we go to catch that crimelord who is making killing droids , we have to find the loc. of his factory

How this game works for u guyz ??

JA is a little more system intensive than JK2 at max because it uses dynamic glow, but you can turn that off. You can basically turn off all the functions that make it more system intensive and dial down the graphics.

Essentially I'd recommend a decent video card for the best quality. At least 128 mb, if not more, depending on your budget.

even if i Bring the graphic thing to a lower level ...... every low even ...... there are strange kinda lags .. like it lags like hell if iam running at a place .. but if i stop .. after few seconds ( even 1 or 2 ) the lag disappears from that place??

Whats .. this .. has this something to do with my pc??

i also noticed the same thing during playing EIDOS project eden ... While running at a place .. LAGS .. stop for 2 sec .. LAG gone ..

whats this??

Its not the cpu as opposed to the card you are using... even when i had a 766 p2 with 512 ram i had the minimum geforce 4mx and got at least 60 fps but i run a 1.8 p4 now and still get the exact same fps. this card is the lowest on the market right now for pci so if you even have a video card at all chances are you will be able to excel at JKA. either way the human eye can only virtually target things at a rate of 35 FPS so more than that you are reall wasting your time in a shooter style game.

• 3 weeks later...
JA is a little more system intensive than JK2 at max because it uses dynamic glow, but you can turn that off. You can basically turn off all the functions that make it more system intensive and dial down the graphics.

Essentially I'd recommend a decent video card for the best quality. At least 128 mb, if not more, depending on your budget.

no, the game itself is unfinished and unoptimized.

i've used 3-4 different systems on this game and they all have problems with it.

ranging from a 2.5 p4 w/ gf4 ti 4600 and 1gb ram, to a 3500+, 2gb ram, 6600GT, and the same 3500+ and 2gb ram with an x800xt (the 3500+ rig has a raptor as the HDD...)

the game chugs like crazy even on rift sanctuary which is the best mp map in the game for performance.

Archived