Home

Oh dear..

fozzie22

The server numbers for users of SWG..was on the official forums,but of course the thread was gotten rid of sharpish

ID: 24 - Name: Europe-Infinity - IP: 195.33.138.101 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0334

ID: 23 - Name: Europe-FarStar - IP: 195.33.138.75 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0133

ID: 22 - Name: Europe-Chimaera - IP: 195.33.138.41 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0331

ID: 1C - Name: Shadowfire - IP: 199.108.197.130 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0518

ID: 1B - Name: Wanderhome - IP: 199.108.197.103 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0462

ID: 1A - Name: Tarquinas - IP: 199.108.197.87 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0456

ID: 19 - Name: Starsider - IP: 199.108.197.50 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0414

ID: 13 - Name: Tempest - IP: 199.108.7.148 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0457

ID: 12 - Name: Valcyn - IP: 199.108.7.111 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0455

ID: 11 - Name: Sunrunner - IP: 199.108.7.73 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0493

ID: 10 - Name: Scylla - IP: 199.108.7.50 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0457

ID: 0F - Name: Naritus - IP: 199.108.8.137 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0496

ID: 0E - Name: Kettemoor - IP: 199.108.8.117 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0522

ID: 0D - Name: Intrepid - IP: 199.108.6.178 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0456

ID: 0C - Name: Flurry - IP: 199.108.6.133 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0473

ID: 0B - Name: Radiant - IP: 199.108.198.70 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0266

ID: 0A - Name: Lowca - IP: 199.108.198.36 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0227

ID: 09 - Name: Kauri - IP: 199.108.196.178 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0245

ID: 08 - Name: Gorath - IP: 199.108.196.131 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0271

ID: 07 - Name: Eclipse - IP: 199.108.196.101 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0397

ID: 06 - Name: Chilastra - IP: 199.108.196.84 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0357

ID: 05 - Name: Bloodfin - IP: 199.108.196.40 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0441

ID: 04 - Name: Corbantis - IP: 199.108.6.105 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0460

ID: 03 - Name: Ahazi - IP: 199.108.6.79 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0520

ID: 02 - Name: Bria - IP: 199.108.6.53 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0722

of course i should'nt have this info but i have friends who like to hack.

believe it or not this is the real info.”

END QUOTE

LINK: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=433038

-These server numbers were taken sometime on Friday evening. I do not know how they were obtained other than the OP (name was: neowarderdude) saying that they were “hacked” by his friends.

-These numbers do not show how many total subs are on each server, rather, it’s a “snapshot in time” of how many people are on each server at the time the numbers were obtained (primetime Friday).

-Whether or not these numbers are legit no one can say definitively one way or the other... Apparently, if you do a Yahoo search for those IP’s, they do show up as actual SWG IP for those servers.

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=g33p33

-As to how SOE has the server pop's adjusted, he said:

"neowarderdude wrote:

Full = 3000

Extreamly Heavy = 1500

Very Heavy = 1200

Heavy = 900

Medium = 600

Light = 300

Very Light = 0

my friend gave me that list, and that's how it calculated before NGE (but he thinks they've changed it a bit since NGE)"

- This may be of some significance:

"neowarderdude wrote:

Did you substitute the word population for the actual connections to each given port and does it include all the sub for the ip's

The numbers that are given to the client when it connects to the logon server, it uses those numbers to determine how full the server is. My friend use to see numbers in the 1500-2000 range with bria hitting 3000"

-Quick Stats: 10,363 people total

Most people on a server: Bria

Bria’s Population: 722 (conceptually speaking approx 60 people per planet)

Least amount of people: Lowca

Lowca’s population: 227 (conceptually speaking approx 18 people per planet)

Note, I ignored Europe-FareStar server’s pop (of 113) b/c it’s not in its prime time there.

-Also, interestinly enough these numbers echo the Cube Stats from that much debated friday feature:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/en_US/players/content.vm?page=Lost%20Treasure&resource=features

Lifted from another website..link below

Very depressing reading.

Click me for thread..

I am not saying that information is false, I am just highly suspicious of those numbers. Even by NGE standards that seems very low, I know the NGE had an impact but I wasn't sure it was that big of an impact. If that is the case then alot of the "new" players running about are just vets with alternate characters, which has been my suspicion to begin with... but I would think the server numbers would be higher than that.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think they are pretty close. Since NGE mostly veterans left the game and most of those had at least 2 accounts. Regardless of all the juggling with numbers, Galaxies has fewer players than ever and the trick is to now create new veterans but when you have little or no content who will want to stay?

NGE has made Galaxies a simpler experience for new players, Warcraft is very simple and has 5 million subscribers. With all the bad press, poor reivews and ongoing changes (AGAIN) with even more revamps, why does anyone bother to play any more?

It certainly doesnt deliver the Star Wars experience and you'll get more excitement feeding the ducks in the park

DMUK

I think they are pretty close. Since NGE mostly veterans left the game and most of those had at least 2 accounts. Regardless of all the juggling with numbers, Galaxies has fewer players than ever and the trick is to now create new veterans but when you have little or no content who will want to stay?

NGE has made Galaxies a simpler experience for new players, Warcraft is very simple and has 5 million subscribers. With all the bad press, poor reivews and ongoing changes (AGAIN) with even more revamps, why does anyone bother to play any more?

It certainly doesnt deliver the Star Wars experience and you'll get more excitement feeding the ducks in the park

DMUK

LOL

But according to julio torres the vets will flood back when they've cooled down a bit..

But from my experience that comment alone wont bring back vet players.

Guest DarthMaulUK

He is in for a long wait. Most I know have moved on to DECENT games and I have uninstalled and thrown my CDs in the trash.

Trying to force more changes, upon changes, upon even more changes just wont install any trust in this game from the community and take alook at the gaming press. How on earth can so called game improvements deliver a LOWER review score than the original? lol I wont include IGN because they will give anything a higher score in return for exclusive screens, demos etc. (PC Gamer 27% )

DMUK

He is in for a long wait. Most I know have moved on to DECENT games and I have uninstalled and thrown my CDs in the trash.

Trying to force more changes, upon changes, upon even more changes just wont install any trust in this game from the community and take alook at the gaming press. How on earth can so called game improvements deliver a LOWER review score than the original? lol I wont include IGN because they will give anything a higher score in return for exclusive screens, demos etc. (PC Gamer 27% )

DMUK

Couldnt agree more DM

From what I understand the SOE contract is up for renewal this month (February), I really wish LucasArts would switch to another company, even if it meant taking the game down for a year or more - alot of people want to play in a rich and diverse Star Wars environment, unfortunately SOE has turned this entire game into a debacle.

I am still in the game, but granted I've paid for a full year subscription that doesn't run out until October. I'm riding the storm out and just seeing what will happen.

From what I understand the SOE contract is up for renewal this month (February), I really wish LucasArts would switch to another company, even if it meant taking the game down for a year or more - alot of people want to play in a rich and diverse Star Wars environment, unfortunately SOE has turned this entire game into a debacle.

^^^

Agree, I cancled my account a while ago, but I'd definately consider rejoining if they found a better company to make/fix the game.

hug, it was never stated that there will be a SWG2....ever. there were a lot of IFs and Perhaps in that interview and, if I had more time, Id take the time to find it. but since it does appear to have a negative overtone about SWG as a whole Im sure its one of the stickies at the top of the forum....as its really important to cast as bad a shadow on this game as humanly possible to ensure that no one plays it again.

I would be interested in a SWG 2, if developed by another company other than SOE. Unless, SOE can actually have a cohesive plan for SWG 2 without changing the entire game on a whim. If developed by SOE then I don't think many people would return, even if the current SWG manages to turn around into a great game many people that feel burned by SOE will have strong doubts about ever returning.

Looks like the numbers have gone down big time afther the NGE, since the veterans people didn't like the changements, but are the numbers going up after the NGE? for new players that haven't play the game before? Cause if this is the case, it means the game would get more and more players and well as I hope for, the game would be with thousands of players again

Looks like the numbers have gone down big time afther the NGE, since the veterans people didn't like the changements, but are the numbers going up after the NGE? for new players that haven't play the game before? Cause if this is the case, it means the game would get more and more players and well as I hope for, the game would be with thousands of players again

I would'nt get you're hopes up to be honest

Whether or not some of the 'new' players subscribe after their free month is what I'm interested in knowing. I'm still convinced alot of the new players you see running around are just vets with alts... seems to be the majority anyway.

With SWG going into bargain bins at Wal-Mart and other retail outlets maybe we will se an influx of new players, maybe not... who knows. It is obvious the NGE hasn't had the influx of players SOE was hoping for, or else they'd be using that opportunity to rub it in the vets face at every opportunity.

I have no intention of re-subscribing to SWG until a new developer is announced. Last time I played the game, it was awful. Bugs all over the place, add to that if anyone who had played the game pre-NGE wanted to get XP they had to be the new expansion.

The idea of letting anyone become a Jedi was ridiculous, it took some quite hard work to get there before the NGE. Now it's just pointless.

I noticed in a recent interview with one of the developers, he said before you were the guy that said "Your Taun-Taun will freeze before the first marker..." meaning that you were a background character in the Star Wars saga. Now he says, you are an iconic character based on one of the 'hero's' or whatnot.

I was happy in being a background character, it gives alot of RP possibilities - if you didn't want to, you could spend the entire game not even encountering a well known hero or villian if that's how you wanted to play. I only encountered the hero's and villians of the story while doing the theme parks, and that was the extent of it. Now, you are greeted by Han and Chewie from the get go - get a message from Vader saying "Prepare to be boarded" although, honestly, you would think Vader would have some Imperial lackey giving these kinds of orders to vessels. Doubt Vader would waste time in doing something like that himself. (I created an alt character just to see the revamp newbie missions... was a snooze fest for the most part.)

I liked having a hybrid character, liked having alot of skills and specials at my command... Scouting skills being one of my favorites, pistoleer being my favorite class bar none. (kept this through alot of the professions I did in the game.)

I would much rather be a regular joe in the galaxy rather than being based on a hero from the movie... kind of takes the RPG out of it.

Yeah, it is pretty bad. But as far as I've heard publish 27 should be really good! Heavy weapons back, a lot of bug fixes, and numerous of new quests! Things are heading in the right direction :) I've not given up on this game yet, I will return sometime later this year!

Archived