Home

The prophecy of old coming true

Grandel

It was a day of no abnormality in Grandel. A steady stream of smoke came from Mt.Gház of Garas and the people of Mergeos were busy with trying to get their ports empty and the ships sailing in some profits from other lands.

Mondos was not silent, for the horns of the men, centaurs and a few dwarves were blowing to warn the villagers to flee into the forts of their cities to avoid the raiding barbarian and orcish tribes.

The elves, sprites and other magical creatures of Garnaelios walked in their fancy halls silently as a sweet music of harps and soft singing of choirs filled the air of their well made, forest-surrounded homes.

The elves, halflings, centaurs and men of Ekheras were busy prepairing to recieve the great ships of Meregos so they can open their businesses.

Deep inside the earth, the dwarven lords dug their halls and passages, making sure to carve beautiful pieces of art into the rock walls and pillars.

But this was not to be for long, as the land of Gharas prepared for war against Lord Durfang Hard-headed III, the Lord of Khuzdug and the main defender of the world beyond Lake Zanzis and the one who held back the greedy hand of the Dark King Methereld with the never-resting hammers of his people.

But this did not indeed end the pirates and dark ships from emerging from the ports of Tol-Magaz, the ruling place of the Dark King, to spread havoc in the marine routes of the other lands. The grey ships of Meregos were no match for the dozens of hevily armed warships the Dark King sent for them. It was the beginning of a dark time...

---

First of all, yes, the map is hand-drawn by me and the signature is mine, so you don't wonder of that fact.

This RP needs no profile(I returned to this style for this RP), but that ony means that you must do twice as much work in describing your character and slowly slip us bits and pieces of his history and biography. Make use of this in improving your writing skills(This meant for those that can't think of long posts most of the time. a.k.a. Curt, TheThing and Extas). Use the gift of imagination

((Sounds good to me))

It was dawn, and a small village overlooked by the mountains of Emereth was just waking up to start its day. Farmers out to milk the cows, Traders coming to the city to sell their goods. This was a good village, everyone was happy, the kids went scurrying about playing, the elderly sitting on thier porches smoking thier pipes and the few guards the town had wandered happily throughout the village. A young man was waking up, a man who was thought of as a disturber of the peace, always adventuring about into the mountains, coming back with tattered clothing and scars. When asked about it, he merely smiled and said "I tripped." even though you could tell those scars were not from rocks. He got up, got dressed in his linen pants and tunic, and under this tunic he hid his daggar, which was very deadly in the hands of him. He was Anton son of Artol.

"Good morning Anton." Said one of the guards as Anton stepped out of his house.

"'Morning Fredrick."

"Going up to the mountains today I expect, seeing as you haven't gone in a while."

"Yeah, I might, been thinking about it."

"Well good luck"

"Thanks." Fredrick nodded and continued on his patrol.

((Long enough Tepe? :p))

A man, covered by a grey and brown cape, sat quietly below an old willow on the top of a hill near the town overlooking the Emerelk mountains, and a young squirrel sleeping on his head. A group of birds landed in the willow and started to sing happily. The young-looking man smiled quietly and looked towards the clouds over Gharas, his smile fading slowly. A young centaur galloped up the hill and slowed down before he reached the top and stopped next to the man.

"Neikol, I heard that you had arrived. Why did you not come and find me?" the centaur asked and trotted infront of the man that he had called Neikol.

"I have been away for a long time, my friend. I needed some peace and quiet under the willow before I would've come to meet you" Neikol said and stood up, the squirrel jumping from the sudden movement and quickly climbing up the willow. Neikol smiled at the centaur and opened his cape, only to reveal a dark green and silver mithril armor of ancient makes, a beautiful longbow and a longsword on his side.

"Neikol, my friend, I have missed you and your training deeply. My sword has been in it's scabbard for too long" the centaur said and stopped sideways infront of the man.

"Cerebol, I have fought too many battles in too few years. I need some time apart from any kind of combat" he said and started to walk towards the city, only to get the eager centaur come after him.

"Tell me of your travels"

"Later, my friend"

"Aww..."

"Later, Cerebol, for I must rest after a long travel throught the wilderland"

"Come on, tell me"

"If you want to know, I have a few companions of mine in the tavern that can tell of our travels"

((You can step in as one of Neikol's companions if you'd like))

((I'll be one of Neikol's companions. :) ))

The young woman's bright blue eyes watched with what may have been amusement as yet another drunken brawl broke out at the bar in the tavern. Moments later a sheriff entered and restored order. Turning to leave, he noticed the young woman watching and apologized that she had to see the brawl. She waved him away, now definitely amused.

"I've seen far worse," she said, running a hand through her unusually short dark brown hair. In the front, it could cover her eyes and reach down to her mouth, but she usually brushed it to the right, partially covering her right eye. On the sides, it barely covered her ears. In the back, it reached about the middle of her neck.

People started staring. Not only was her hair shorter than most people felt it should have been; she was not wearing a dress! Her appearance suggested that she had been travelling with men and had adopted a dress code similar to theirs, if not a little more fashionable.

"Excuse me, Miss..." one of the men in the tavern said hesitantly, approaching her. He then noticed her weapons. A bow nearly three quarters it's owner's hieght leaned up against the table. A quiver of arrows was laying on the floor. The man's eyes widened as the woman looked up at him.

"What is it?" she asked. He noticed the two identical long knives at her belt and decided this would be a quick conversation.

"I'm a dressmaker," he said quickly. She smiled and shook her head.

"I have no need of one," she told him. "Dresses, while beautiful to look at, are bothersome. You can't run properly in a dress and it tends to trip you up. And you can't sit full astride a horse."

"Begging your pardon, miss," the man said, retreating hastily. The woman watched him go in amusement and downed her third drink without showing any signs of drunkenness.

"Scare off the dressmakers," she murmured to herself. "A nice touch, Annika."

She ordered a fourth drink and wondered for the third time where Neikol had decided to hide.

The centaur was still following Neikol as they entered the town. The guards nodded a greeting at the long-haired, tall man as they knew him from his last visits. As the two got near the tavern, the local dressmaker rushed past, looking like someone would've just placed a burning arrow on the behind of his pants with high speed. The man shook his head and entered the tavern with the centaur following him inside.

The tall man moved some of his deep brown hair from his face and behind his pointy ears. It was now obvious he was an elf. A young, excited traveller jumped up all pumped up from the brawl and set himself infront of the elf.

"Hey, you have some fancy armor? Who do you think you are, huh?" the traveller said and most of the tavern fell silent. The centaur stepped infront of Neikol and looked at the traveller.

"Do you not recognize Neikol the traveller? Do you not recognize Neikol, son of Fendil? Do you not recognize Neikol of the Amrog family?" the centaur said but Neikol pushe him aside.

"I do not hide behind names of my forefathers, young taveller. I am indeed Neikoland non else. What do you want of me?" the elf asked and the traveller took a step back after seeing the man completely infront of himand his cape wide open. The armor he had on had the coat of arms of the Amrog family on it, which is also used by the royal family of Mondos because their bloodline start from the same person as Neikol's.

The bartender walked up to the traveller and pushed him aside.

"We don't need any more trouble here, young fellow. I advice you to move along to the next tavern, for this tavern will no longer serve you drinks" the bartender said and kicked the traveller away.

Neikol nodded as a thanks to the bartender and the tavern started to liven up again. The elf walked over to Annika and sat down, the centaur once again tailing him and setting himself down next to them.

"They never learn..." the elven warrior said and shook his head before ordering an ale and looking at his centaur friend.

"This is Cerebol, one of the town's centaur youths. He would like to hear of our travels in the wilderland and beyond"

((I'll also be a companion, if thats ok))

Anton walked through the town. He walked passed the blacksmith which always had a constant clanging and crackle. He saw the tavern up ahead and decided eh could go for a drink. He walked in and saw a majestic centaur and an armoured man.

"Haha, wow, Neikol, you haven't been here in...well many years, its good to see you back." Anton said as he approached him.

"That would take some telling," Annika laughed. "Cerebol, I am Annika, daughter of Berrot the Wanderer. I have traveled with Neikol for near a year now. We've never spent two nights in the same place... except for that one time we were held captive by... oh, I've forgotten his name now, but he held us captive for two days and nights. The third morning, we escaped and went on our way."

She shook her head. "The full telling of our travels would take near three hours, I think."

A man entered the tavern, unnoticed by most, because travellers were a common sight in this town. And like a traveller he looked indeed: A long, weatherworn leather coat, the faded blue of a stormy sea, covered practical, if not cheap clothes. Long, a bit oversized leather gauntets fitted his hand. As he stepped over to the bartender, overhearing the conversation and dodging the young troublemaker kicked by the bartender, the long, deep lines and yellow stubble on his face made his age impossible to guess. A friendly, simple, face- but the eyes, clear and blue, spoke of age and wisdom.

"Hey, bartender, can a man get a drink here? Or do you just serve kicks?"

The bartender laughed. "No stranger, don't worry. Kicks are just for the deserving."

Gathering his drink from the bar, he stepped over to Neikol, straightening up a bit.

"I come from afar, Sire" he said, hinting at a bow with the slightest movement of his back and neck, "and would like to hear stories from this land. May I join you?" And turning to Annika, the hint of a bow became one. "Mylady."

"Yes, I have been away for a long time. I hope this time I will stay a bit longer than the last time. Even a week would do, but I have a feeling that my hopes will come crumbling down as soon as tomorrow morning" Neikol said and then nodded at Annika with a smile.

"You mean Golto, the barbarian rogue" he said and grinned widely. The centaur's eyes were glistening slowly as he listened and tried to imagine the wilderlands and the barbarian and every little detail.

Neikol then turned to the newcomer and nodded. "Indeed. Take a seat, and we can tell you stories of near and far and from even further" he said and pointed at an open seat by the table. after he had been brought his ale, he took a sip of it and then enjoyed it's taste for a moment before leaning forwards.

"Do you remember that time when the orcs and barbarians had a clash near Engaelin when we were camped there? You could hear it for miles and miles. The barbarians shouting for their gods, the orcs slandering the barbarians in their native tongue and the crude weapons they used in battle. Was it that time when we were hired by Lord Durfang to get some information of the orcish tribe locations near the marshes so the dwarves could secure that route? Or wa it that time when we were sent to Engaelin to seek that lost unicorn?"

((Damn, that sounded like a poor quest-list of Runescape or WoW))

"The lost unicorn, certainly," Annika laughed. "Durfang hired us later... when he hired us, we ran into that fool. Oh what was his name? Gannon! Remember him? And how he kept insisting we could teach him to disappear! And all because I had been preparing to rest behind a fallen log and popped up while you were talking to him!"

She laughed. "That was fun... though I sort of regret how my 'teachings' led him to jump off a cliff thinking he could fly... he survived that, though, didn't he?"

"No, no. You're thinking of Mengre. You tought him to fly, remember? Gannon never got to the cliff. He smashed his face onto a branch and got captured by the barbarians. Last time I heard, Gannon had become a slave for the barbarians" Neikol laughted and took a drink of his ale.

"And for what I know, Mengre never came up after he jumped off. I don't know if he flew or not. I never stayed to look. But one thing was for ure about him. He was one helluva big man. Talk about huge! He could eat more than fifteen dwarves put together and weighted as much as at least ten normal men" the elf said and tried to act out with his hands how huge Mengre was

"Remember that time we bumped into each other up in the mountains? we started argueing over who should be allowed to harvest the ore." Anton laughed then said "And I was being so loud that some mountain trolls heard me and attacked us? that was fun, good thing they were big, and we were fast, they fell all the way down that mountain!" Anton blurted.

The Stranger, who had strechtched his legs under the table and had absent-mindly began to slip of his street worn boots a little bit, laughed so hard at all the stories that he almost spilled his ale.

"You seem like a bunch of interesting adventurers! So what are you up to right now?"

He put his slightly untidy blonde hair behind his ears to reveal short, cat-like half-elven ears. "Name's Jûn, by the way."

((Sorry this is short, by I am at this point not sure where this is going, so...))

Annika shrugged. "With us, nobody knows. Neikol usually gets us something interesting to do..." Here, she paused and looked at Neikol. "Which, by the way, have you come up with some new mission or quest or... oh, some kind of thing for us to do?" She seemed rather amused, but eager to get moving if there was something to do.

Neikol shook his head quietly and looked out of the window and at the mountains. He then turned back to the group and sighed.

"I am tired, my friends, for I have fought many grave battles in too short of a time. I came here to escape from it all and gather a new group after Dung, our feisty dwarf, died in the dead marshes and after Jaekel, our centaur friend, was killed by pirates" he explained and sat up straight.

Now the centaur next to them jumped up and hit his head in the tavern roof, making the owner give an angry shout and series of grumbles about how everyone were trying to destroy his tavern lately. The centaur shook his head, ignoring the tavern owner and turned to the group. "But, Neikol, there are trolls gathering up in the mountains. And I still need training if I ever want to become one of the Travellers"

"You hear that? They've started to call us the Travellers" Neikol laughted and drank up his ale. The centaur hit him in the head with an open hand and then turned to Annika.

"The trolls have been a nuisance ever since Neikol left for the wilderlands and left the position of the head of the town guard. You have to do something... Please" the centaur said and leaned forwards, begging obviously that the group would train him to come with them.

"You are too eager for battle, Cerebol. Battles should be avoided at all costs and even if you would decide to go to battle, you should have a good plan in store. I no longer know of the surrounding mountains that well taht I could plan anything without a map"

Annika's face darkened at the mention of the deaths of Dung and Jaekel.

"Neikol is right," she said. "The Travelers, as you call us, do not fight because we are capable of fighting. We fight when it's necessary, we reason when reasoning is possible, and we leave a situation alone when it is not ours to take care of." She paused with a frown. "Just what sort of stories have been making it back here?"

Jûn leaned forward. "so it's sounds like you have to make up new maps of the mountains. Why don't you travellers just follow your name and travel through the mountains..." -with a side glance to Cerebol "...and If some trolls attack you, I think they rather had it coming, huh?" He leaned back, obviously eager to join the posse but too afraid too ask. So he leaned back, gripping his ale with both hands and sipping slowly. "If you lost two friend, does it mean you -maybe, just maybe!- need someone to come along?" He let go of his mug with one hand, shaking off his glove and holding up his palm. A green flame appeared there, took the shape of a dancing faery, then slowly merged into a yellow dragon, breathing red fire which became a blue, grim dwarf.

"I'm a mage."

((It there are some in Gandrel.))

The centaur laughted and looked at Annika. "The stories that come here are amazing. They tell of a group of travelers that go around Zakases, killing whole tribes of orcs and barbarians and defending the lake of Zansis and the other side of the Dead Marshes from the orcs of the Dark King" he said, but then suddenly stopped and realized he was indeed speaking to a few of that very group. he tried to mutter something but then just shook his head and lay down again after Neikol gave him a look to stop it before he would cause another brawl in the bar with too loosely let out words.

"Anton, I would be very glad if you could show me some good places to hide in and ambush the trolls tomorrow morning. But tonight, as it seems that we will fight tomorrow or the day after that, we must rest" the elf said and smiled

The bartender came over to the table witha tray full of new pints of ale for all of them. When he passed Annika, placing her new ale onto the table, he chuckled and whispered; "Nevermind the centaur. He is eager and a very loyal to Neikol's ideology whatever it might be. I don't know where he has gotten all this Neikol-fanaticism but I would guess that the sailors we had here a few years back from the lands beyond the Ocean of Makanir, that told that they had a hero of ancient origins they had. They called him Gaelond and told taht he had sailed on a white ship with a bright red sail north, like they had and ended up here"

Neikol's ears twitched as he heard the name Gaelond being mentioned and he shook his head slowly before taking his pint and shooing the bartender off to get their rooms ready. The elf seemed concerned that the bartender had told as much as he had and he became anctious. There were many things Neikol had put behind him and had tried to forget.

Annika merely smiled. "Youngsters need heroes, I suppose," she said. "And sailors will tell tales. If Neikol is Gaelond or is related to him, it will make no difference in my views or my actions."

She stood. "For now, I'm just going to get some rest... it's what we all need."

Neikol watched Annika leave and then smacked the centaur into the back of his head with an open hand.

"Excuse me. I shall see you tomorrow, Anton. If you can spear some town guards to come with us to get a trap ready, I would be very glad" he said and stod up, picking up his stuff and heading up to the next floor of the tavern. The centar slowly stood up and shook his head.

"Good night, my friends" Cerebol said and left the tavern.

Before Annika had closed her door, Neikol slipped inside and took a seat for himself.

"The bartender here talks too much and too loudly. There is much I have not told to you in all these years"

Archived