Home

The prophecy of old coming true

Neikol smiled and nodded. "Indeed, but now I shall tell you even if you do not ask" he said and looked at her.

"I am known as Gaelond the Giantbane in the lands beyond the Ocean of Makanir, but my true name is Neikol, son of Fendil and I am of the same heritage as the kings of Mondos. The lands beyond the ocean were becoming too quiet for me. I was a young elf back then and set sail for Grandel" he explained and sighed quietly, looking out of the room's window.

"I used to be a leader of a mercenrary guild called the Black Eye. Lately, I have seen them spread here, but all that I have met have come across the Dead Marshes. The Dark King has started hiring my old guild members. Those that I hand picked and trained to fight wars against powerful enemies. I am concerned of this new twist in the plot. This could mean that not even Durfang and his glorious people can keep the Dark King away"

"A story of a group of warriors so ancient, so wise but also so talented in killing has been told in Grandel for many, many generations. I belive that this legend was one that has also been told to you in your very youth" he said and looked out of the window and at the rising moon. He sighed and started to quote a part of a long story that had been carried by sailors from the continents south, beyond the sea.

"And there he stood, the great warrior lord and his companions of blood red armours. The soldiers of young and old, allied to them and enemies of them were frightened. The banner was raised and the black eye stared upon the shadowed battlefield. Many ran, but could not escape for the wrath of the Gods was upon them and the companions had already drawn their swords that glistened like silver in the bright sun that came from behind them. It was a massacre that dawned on that day and it meant victory for the kingdom of Southern Harleg. A victory that would be remembered day and night for ages and ages again" he said, his voice soft and quiet, almost sad as he remembered the tale.

"The Black Eye has never been defeated, and if they are on the Dark King's side, we might be doomed even before the armies launch their first attack. The only hope we have is to meet the current leader of the guild. He will know me and I can turn them against the Dark King"

"If they are here, I would believe that they will take two weeks or so to rest, look at maps and prepare their ranks before launching an assault. They have crossed the sea and are tired. We must take care of the trolls swiftly and then ride liek the wind, for we must cross either the Dead Marshes or the lake" he said and shook his head slowly. He knew well what would happen if the Dark King's troops of beasts and mutilations of all kinds would attack with the Black eye as their strategist and as their spearhead.

"Rest, Annika. We need you in your full strenght and set of mind tomorrow when we strike against the trolls" he said and stood up, placing a hand on Annika's shoulder. He nodded before he left towards the door

Jûn was strangely affected by the complete ignorance around him, how they all left and ignored his questions, his showings of his skills. He threw some coins at the bartender, deciding to leave.

He left the tavern, and that's the last that was ever seen of him...

Archived