Home

Dantooine characters (slight spoilers)

UDM

Did anyone find some of the characters in Dantooine who had very disturbingly lifelike faces, yet haunting in a certain way? I'm mainly pinpointing at Admin Adare, Deraala the salvager, and Zherron. Their faces were just too lifelike, but not in a Doom 3 or Half-life 2 way. It was just weird and painful to look at them

Added to that, Gerevick's voice was also very disturbing and bizarre. It's almost as if whoever did the voice acting really did turn to the dark side. Dantooine was fun, because it housed the most crystals, but it was also the most freaky and hauntingly memorable

Tell me I'm not the only one who felt that way

I actually liked what they did with Dantooine. It gave me a the feeling that the planet is messed up, which it should be. The storyline to salvagers going to Jedi artifacts was a nice touch. I also love the opportunity to destroy Master Vrook. I hate that guy.

I know what you mean. It's like they went all out on detail on their faces, goes to show how determined they were at the start of the game and then they were told the deadline. Thats the way i see it. The face i found disturbing was Zez-Kai Ell (i think) the one with the big village people tash. Scared the hell outta me, he looks like some bizarre ex 70's police officer.

• 2 weeks later...

^

Ahahaha, you're right actually.

I haven't played this game in a while, but considering these extra-detail characters, what about that pazaak-obsessed guy in the Onderon cantina who helps you clear Dhagon Ghent of murder? If I remember rightly, he even has a mole on his face!

It's probably the face of a designer who thought it'd be a laugh to put himself in the game, lol.

The thing I hated about the Dantooine people were the main people there (Adare, Zherron, the salvager guy) all looked as if they were gray in color as if they didn't get enough sunlight for a healthy color. The old man salvager should have been suntanned since he stays outside almost all of the time! lol

^

Ahahaha, you're right actually.

I haven't played this game in a while, but considering these extra-detail characters, what about that pazaak-obsessed guy in the Onderon cantina who helps you clear Dhagon Ghent of murder? If I remember rightly, he even has a mole on his face!

It's probably the face of a designer who thought it'd be a laugh to put himself in the game, lol.

Actually he was a contest winner at LucasArts who got put in the game.

Actually he was a contest winner at LucasArts who got put in the game.
:eyeraise: Really? I didn't know that. I do remember noticing how they seemed to make that Onderonian pazaak player's face very real and thinking it was funny that the devs put that kind of effort into a minor NPC. I would be interested in knowing more if you have more details to offer.

:eyeraise: Really? I didn't know that. I do remember noticing how they seemed to make that Onderonian pazaak player's face very real and thinking it was funny that the devs put that kind of effort into a minor NPC. I would be interested in knowing more if you have more details to offer.

Yeah that's what I thought, I guessed it was just one of the developers faces, but I'd like to see some more information too.

Archived