Home

Movment when engines blown up?

GhOsT-Jedi

DS_Vespidbat is right, the ships move because the engine hardpoint really represents the main engine and hyperdrive, not the emergency engines.

Hardpoints are more of a handicap than a help. For example if Mon Cals had the same lasers, etc. and no hardpoints then it would be a lot stronger, because you would have to take the whole ships health down instead of just small fractions. The Engine Hardpoint is one of the prime targets to hit in galatic conquest battles when the survival of ships is key.

But hardpoints gives the game more strategy, since shooting at different stuff actually means something.

True, but what popcorn's saying is they are a handicap for that particular ship, not for the game as a whole. I agree with you that they provide a great area of strategy for dealing with frigates, capital ships and space stations.

Another reason I love my Corellian Gunships when playing as the Rebellion...effective against everything, and having no hardpoints means 1% life = 100% life in terms of their firepower/engines/shields. :)

But hardpoints gives the game more strategy, since shooting at different stuff actually means something.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I agree entirely. The game would be real boring without hardpoints and they do add a lot of strategy. ScorLibran go it right on the dot, ships that dont have hardpoints have full funtionality despite low health unlike regular ships.

I'm sure that they let the ships continue to move a little, even with engines blown so that the game will never be a stalemate. If ships without engines don't move at all, then you could end up with a situation where each player has a cap ship on different parts of the map, and the game would never end. That would be really lame, and there would be a thread complaining about it by now.... lol

Well in Total Realism mod we set the speed of the ship at 20 % of its maximum speed if she loose its engine hardpoint. Now this give nice drifting effect while restricting greatly her speed. She can still move but not very fast.

Note : The default value is 40 %

While you are at it, can you fix the bug where the comp can build ships continuously w/o space station AND while you are around that orbit?

Its a beach to have them build "tie bombers" Yes you heard it right, its 2 squids o tie bombers and nothing else. CONTINUOUSLY at an orbit. I can't even retreat my fleet, and auto combat eventually kills off most of my capitals. x.x

Just like Orao stated, the default drop in speed with no engine is only 40% of the original speed. I go even further and set it for zero. No engine, no movement.

But the 20% in the Realism Mod is good for me, atleast the ships are not racing around with no engines!

I hope they will release the LUA editor along with the Map editor. Just checking in, been waiting...I would like to spice this one up even more.

I would like to place a engine hardpoint on those Corvettes and Tartans.

Stop them in there tracks. They can shoot 100% until they are completly dead. Their fast movements make them a hard target to hit. Maybe the Tractor Beams on the ISD should slow ships down even more than it is now.

Archived