Home

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II

Will you take the plunge?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take the plunge?

• Heck yes, I'm buying it!
    • no way! EA is just milking a dead franchise!

It took me 13 hours to download it off of filefront before, and that's with a cable connection.

I think the wall prices should be 75 a section. That will allow dwarves at least a chance. The add ons to the walls can stay the same prices.

Yeah, it would have took me 36 hours but I used IDM. Yeah, I think the walls should be cheaper, I guess, though I might change in the actual game.

It took me 2 hours to download the Demo, at first i wasn't really impressed, it looked and felt like the orginal BFME, but, now ive played it a few times, i am enjoying it.

Exspenally when Golum turned up, killed him, he droped the ring, took the ring to my fort, and then collected 10,000 resorses and created SAURON. (I was playing as the goblins), a apprentaly theres the Eleven Witch for the dwarfs if your able to get the ring.

It took me 2 hours to download the Demo, at first i wasn't really impressed, it looked and felt like the orginal BFME, but, now ive played it a few times, i am enjoying it.

Exspenally when Golum turned up, killed him, he dropped the ring, took the ring to my fort, and then collected 10,000 resorses and created SAURON. (I was playing as the goblins), apparently, theres the Elven Witch for the dwarfs if your able to get the ring.

Fixed. Your spelling and punctutuion needs work. ;)

Anyway, ya the "Elven Witch" is Galadriel. And where did you find Gollum? I can't find him.

ok you people are talking are forign language to me i have never seen any lotr movies or read any of the books can some one give me a paragraph or so on what happens in lord of the rings. :quote: ya the "Elven Witch" is Galadriel. And where did you find Gollum? I can't find him. :quote: like righ there who are these people do they really matter. im in 30% on the demo on xfire it would have been downloaded by now but i forgot to og in on xfire this morning at 8 and then i went to school im luckly getting 230kbps :):):) and is this like gbg with the collecting type of thing where there are 4 diffrent things you can and need to collect or is it like EAW where you only need credits. thanks, EAWFAN

whoa, i was gunna download the demo but saw it was 1.37 gb and that would take forever on my wimpy 256k...which downloads sometimes at like 30kb/s >.<

edit: ha, try downloading it and was going at around 30-31kb/s and an estimated time of around 13 hours >.<

• 2 weeks later...

The demo would have taken me 28 hours if it wasn't for IDM. :)

So, ya, I have played the demo, it got repetitve. Though, I did get to us Suaron and Galadrial. Both fun to use. Though I'd prefer Sauron because of his special powers. I also like using the heroes. Like Gloin and Gimli are awesome ans so is Dain. Dorgoth, I think, is a dragon who pwns all, and Gorkil, the Goblin King, was fun to use, as was Shelob. I prefer using the Dwarves over the Goblins. I guess I like them more.

Though, I can't wait to use the Elves, and other force. And thank goddness it's Teacher's Convention on Thursday, so I can get it before the rush. And I have already pre-ordered it from EB Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for triple-posting but I am currrently unable to form these three posts in to one for some reason.

So, yes I have the game as most of ya know. I have had it for a week. I have played all the modes. I personally enjoy the War of the Ring mode, which is like Risk, but you actually get to play the battles.

The campaigns are rather small. But fun to play. So far, I have beaten the Good campaigns which is rather easy, with the except of the final battle which takes for ever. And I have just started the Evil campaign.

Online is awesome. You can play WotR online and of course, skirmishs which are fun to play especially when you are playing against a bunch of people. Though, Skirmishs with custom heroes sorta suck b/c sometimes the game goes out of synch. But, meh.

Skirmishs against the computer is fun. You can play against Easy, Medium, Hard, and Brutal armies. But, at least when you use your custom heroes don't 'cause the game to go out of synch.

So, you can also create a hero now. All the stats are keep for them. Though, the options for them sorta suck. Naval Combat is awesome.

So, ya. I enjoy the game. I recommend it. 8.7/10

-Commander Obi-Wan

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived