Home

Appearances.2da Picture Reference Tool

Hello everyone,

I have decided to make a tool (help file actually), that will give pictures to every single appearance in the appearance.2da file. This will help people making bigger mods that want to put a few people in a mod and dont want to have to go into the game every time to test the different appearances. I also thought that maybe Fred could use this to add an Appearance tab to his UTC editor so that the modder knows what the appearance looks like withing kotor tool. But That is up to him really.

Anyways I just finished all of the aliens and now i am moving on to other npc's. It's long and tedious but it will be good in the end.

Here is a picture of what it is going to look like. You will have the appearance on the right and the picture on the left and you will be able to scroll down to see each one.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4550/appearances4jr.jpg

It shouldn't take long to complete.

-Gsccc

May I suggest adding model names in the second column so that people can see which are full body models and which have separate heads so that if people just want the head they don't have to look through the appearance.2da to find it.

Unless the appearance is human, twilek or Devaronian(K2) then it is usually a full body model appearance. However the appearance.2da entry number or numbers for those appearances with duplicate entries would be really handy as well as if the entry has a heads.2da entry and a portraits.2da entry that the link too. these would be the most handy quick references that work in conjunction.

Darkkender: Good Idea, I will add the heads.2da entries as well as the entry numbers in the appearance.2da sector. I'm wondering how to set this up though. I have decided to make it a .chm help file like lexicon but I dont know how i am goign to set up the entries. I'm thinking something like this.

About

Appearances

->Aliens

->Animals

->Droids

->Players

->Party Members

Credits

What do you guys think I should go with as far as how to organize the appearances?

-Gsccc

Darkkender: Good Idea, I will add the heads.2da entries as well as the entry numbers in the appearance.2da sector. I'm wondering how to set this up though. I have decided to make it a .chm help file like lexicon but I dont know how i am goign to set up the entries. I'm thinking something like this.

About

Appearances

->Aliens

->Animals

->Droids

->Players

->Party Members

Credits

What do you guys think I should go with as far as how to organize the appearances?

-Gsccc

Looks good might I suggest adding to seperate appearance setups for K1 & K2. Also adding entries for male & female types.

I would also think that using the portraits.2da entries for the PC's would be good enough. But maybe a seperate set of entries featuring body models for PC's.

Looks good might I suggest adding to seperate appearance setups for K1 & K2. Also adding entries for male & female types.

I would also think that using the portraits.2da entries for the PC's would be good enough. But maybe a seperate set of entries featuring body models for PC's.

As far as the bodymeshes pc guys. Im going to just go with one male and femail head for all the meshes, makeing all the different armor meshes for all the different pc heads would take years..

-Gsccc

Thats not what I meant, sorry. What I meant was to have a picture of the default(first in the series) body models A-J for K1 and A-N for K2. so people have a image of the body shape for modding purposes. Using all of the armors would be a bit overkill I agree. As for the head what I was meaning to say was to use the portraits.2da images for the pc heads instead of taking your own snapshots for those.

I had tried to post twice earlier with longer explanations and descriptions of what I meant with the forum timing out and crashing both times.

Archived