Home

Obi-Wan's Homeworld?

Darth_Terros

Ok i was thinking about this the other day, Its been mentioned that Obi-wan speaks with a Coruscanti accent *english* but then every now and then you can hear him speaking with a very slight scottish accent *due to Ewan being scottish* so maybe Obi-Wans homeworld is the same as Darth Sions?

Now if only we knew where Darth Sion was from?

In Theforce.net unnoficial enyclopedia is not said, just they say that he was from a wealthy family. In Starwars.com´s databank is not said. I think we can discard some worlds like Coruscant, Naboo, Alderaan, Tatooine... Just because he doesn´t happear to have with them the relation one could have with his homeworld.

As his family was well positioned, we can think that he came from a rich world, populated by humans. (not Dorin, Mustafar... and so on).

Maybe it´s like Yoda´s species or homeworld, just Lucas nows.

Because he has played KotOR II and listened when Darth Sion spoke Darth_Death, don't ask stupid questions.

I also never heard a scottish accent, but if there was some scottish then it wasn't intentional and nothing to do with where Obi-wan comes from, also accents have nothing to do with where you are born but where you are raised, so strictly speaking all the Jedi should talk the same.

(Mel Gibson let an Aussie accent slip occasionally during the Lethal Weapon series.)

I also never heard a scottish accent, but if there was some scottish then it wasn't intentional and nothing to do with where Obi-wan comes from, also accents have nothing to do with where you are born but where you are raised, so strictly speaking all the Jedi should talk the same.

(Mel Gibson let an Aussie accent slip occasionally during the Lethal Weapon series.)

I'm half scottish so is my girlfriend and we both noticed he'd occasionally slip into it its very subtle but he does it.

Plus it all depends at what age was obi wan was taken? if he'd already started t talk then it wouldnt be too much of a stretch he must have been quite old as he remembers playing with his brother?

All the clones have jangos accent and but werent raised on concord dawn accents seem to work bloody strange in thr GFFA.

Lolz, Darth Sion is from the Highlands, wearin a wee kilt....

Obi-Wan's homeworld was never even mentioned in the original Jedi Apprentice books, which heavily focused on him. Although it did mention "he had a brother, whom he occassionally visited" - it doesnt mentione the brother's name or the planet's name. In the original ROTJ novelisation, it was stated that Owen Lars was Obi Wans brother, but this has since been left to the wayside as a canon/continuity flaw.

Official Word

Concluding that Obi was from Coruscant purely from his accent is silly - he was raised on Coruscant at the Jedi Temple...he is most likely to inherit that accent, just like Im sure many of you have inherited the accent of the country where you were raised....

Saying he's Scottish.....well yes, Ewan is Scottish, but Scotland doesnt appear in the SW universe. Sure Darth Sion's voice actor *may* perhaps have a Scottish accent, but that hardly means he is from the same planet as Obi Wan. Do you think the US/Aussie/British accent will be the same in 4000 years...

ridiculous ! :(

Obi Wan's homeworld is "unknown" according to all OFFICIAL sources. Simple as that. You can pretend or fantasise he's a Scot from Ossus if that what tickles your fancy though :p

mtfbwya

Remember guys this is just my theory

I know full well his homeplanets never been named and i know theres no such thing as scotland in the GFFA.

All im saying is he MAYBE from the same unnammed planet as Sion *who has a blatant scottish accent* due to the accent *which i was calling Scottish because thats whats it earth equivalent is*

It just seems that most planets have their own accent which is what go me thinking.

Anyway like the databank says " He knew very little of his parents or of his brother, though he would later visit them on occasion." maybe during those visits it affected his normal coruscanti accent giving him that very slight scottish sound.

I know a few people who when they've visited relatives up north they come back with a slight accent.

As with accents would change over 4000 years well whats to say it would? their technology didnt imporve that vastly in 4000 and they all still speak to same language surely that would've evolved too.

I looked it who was the voice actor for Darth Sion and it turns out its Louis Mellis He's evidently british and has played a character called jock in the past so he very well could be a scot.

Remember guys this is just my theory

lolz...theories dont mean much without evidence - in the absence of which they are just opinions.

Seeing you are purporting they originated from teh same planet, you might as well say that Sion is obi great(x60) grandfather :p It is equally plausible given the brutal absence of facts - namely, official/canon sources saying otherwsie :)

I wonder what Clan Sion-Kenobi's tartan would look like :D

mtfbwya

lolz...theories dont mean much without evidence - in the absence of which they are just opinions.

Ahh but i never said they were fact.

This was merely me puting a theory out there that they MIGHT be from the same world due to the EVIDENCE of a slight scottish accent.

So i do have a tiny amount of evidence to back up my theory which i hav'nt said once is a fact or true its merely speculation on what his home world might be and this is all this thread is about.

Archived