Home

Income: Mining and how many?

I think that building mines in the asteroid fields is imposible in the original game, but in the EU asteroids were a perfect place for shipyards and mining aoperations... just remember KOTOR 2... but I suppose that mining facility should be not a ground building? but a kind of a space station(there's no ground in the asteroid field :)))

Can you build mining facillitys in Asteroid fields?

From the EAW homepage - The Fleets section:

Asteroid Mining Facility

Asteroid Mining Facility

Other Structure

"Where one may see a flying rock to be avoided, another may see resources to be exploited."

So, it looks like you could be able to build something like that.

eah! that's great! asteroid fields will be useful at least 100% :)) shipyard and mining station... cool:))

2 Kokosmakroon

Remember in Kotor 2, miners were harvesting some sort of flammable ore or gas? :)) not every asteroid feield would have that sort of ore :)) otherwise... enemy fleet enter the system... first shoot and booooooooom:)) everyone is dead, nobody's win :)))

I am with popcorn on this one, I build at most one on the high income planets e.g. coruscant. Also If I have time I would build a hypervelocity cannon(Mod only). As for the Astroid Mining Facility, I have not tried it, but I might as well. The extra income from the Mining Facilities can help a lot with income, thus I get stronger fleet & defences.

well and what about the cloud city? remember? that's some kind of minig facility too!

In one mod I saw some Gas giant with no surface.... And Tatooine do you remeber hy the sandcrawlers appear on it? it's from first minig company, they foubd that ore from tatooine is useless, so the left their equipment to the jawas... so I guess that Tatooine shouldn't have a big income from mines...

Well like Bespin, I would not need it, due to high income, I would just focus on most other things, like getting the planets around it once I have it. Bespin is a gas planet so I could just as easily build a fleet to help defend. And Technicly the reason for the high income, is gas mining.

Conquer the planet in the upper left corner, that one doubles the income from all mining on all of your planets. I always build mines on empty slots, but in the latest bryant & ghost's mod you can only build 1 mine per planet. Though I have seen planets that already have a mining income even when you haven't build any mines.

My basic tactic is to conquer as many planets as close near the rebels as I can, as to draw a border (use Veers and Piett). That way the rebels can't get into my new Empire. After that I move inward and capture the planets that remain (use stromtroopers for that, if you have any left). Once I've done this, my tactics can vary.

Options are:

1 go military, this means that I go after the planets that build the big ships. I always try to get at least one of them and get a hypergun on all of these planets. If I have all 4 of them, I have taken out the rebel MC cruisers.

2 go economical, this means I go after the smuggler producing planets. After I have all of them, the rebels can't replace any smugglers they might lose. I don't even need bounty hunters to kill them, Boba can do the job.

3 go after high value planets, though you might want to switch to option 2 later on when smugglers take away lots of income (check it out every once in a while and see what you lose on them)

4 go after nice bonus planets, that little extra firepower for your AT-ATs in always nice. Endor (deflecting blaster fire for AT-ST, AT-PT and AT-AA) is a really good planet to have when playing as the Empire, but not as good as Kuat (can build ISD as well as cheaper ISD), and Ryloth is also good (health bonus for stormtroopers and can build bounty hunters).

5 go after the high buildings planets, the more buildings they have the better they can be defended and the more extra slots for mines. The max space station size also helps for defense. Face it, the more hits it can take, the moer shots your hypergun can fire. Though in the demo the buildings are restricted to max 6 per planet otherwise you get an exception when defending/invading one.

Good tips there, thanks!

You're welcome, I found it really annoying to keep hiring bounty hunters to take out the smugglers, so I developed some tactics for this. Same goes with the big ships. Besides in the demo the big ships builders have 3 slots, allowing for a hypergun. And a hypergun combined with a level 5 space station equals total destruction of the rebel fleet

Archived