Home

Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan (Episode I)

omeewan

Hi guys.

Here is my version of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan. Not sure if this goes here or in skinning since they are custom models.

These are Tex360/Toonces' Models with my textures. I used some of Hapslash's tunic/robe textures as a base. The faces and the heads were done from scratch by me.

quigon19ud.th.jpg

quigon20ta.th.jpg

ep1obi8iu.th.jpg

ep1obi26ro.th.jpg

closeup1nr.th.jpg

ep1pack1ps.th.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too bad! The faces could use a little tweaking. I worked with Toonces on this project at one time, so I'm a little biased ;). I have my own version of this skin out there somewhere. Tex had sat on this model for a long time, and it seemed as if it were never going to be released. Toonces I believe was able to talk Tex into giving him the model to finish. After the first release I was able to skin my version. It was nice to see this model again with a new touch. Marzout

Qui Gon is still looking like a draft to me. Maybe add a little more contrast. He had more wrinkles and the area around the eyes could be a little darker. His beard is still very brown, he had a few more white hairs I guess.

Not bad as a young Liam skin though :p

Obi Wan on the other hand came out pretty well.The hairline also seems a little rough. His eyebrows might a little too blurry. Don't forget to add the birthmark on his right cheek, if the Mesh UV allows it. ;)

Qui Gon is still looking like a draft to me. Maybe add a little more contrast. He had more wrinkles and the area around the eyes could be a little darker. His beard is still very brown, he had a few more white hairs I guess.

Not bad as a young Liam skin though :p

Thanks Pahricida, I appreciate the CC- it helps me make a better skin. Yeah I plan on tweaking the face a bit. Some contrast would be good. I will tweak the hair too, and add some grey and also sharpen it. As far as wrinkles go, I will accent his forehead and his cheeks more. Maybe then he will look a bit older...or hung over. :p

Obi Wan on the other hand came out pretty well.The hairline also seems a little rough. His eyebrows might a little too blurry. Don't forget to add the birthmark on his right cheek, if the Mesh UV allows it. ;)

Thanks! I will try to work on what you suggested. And yes the UV mesh does allow me to add that birthmark, so I'll do that tonight as well.

Okay, rough day at work but I got home in time to work on the skins some more. I improved the texture on Qui-gon's face. I added more wrinkles and edited those parts that were in contrast. I added new eyes and tweaked the hair. and I got rid of the line on the neck! Overall I spent the night working the face/head over.

qgj28vm.th.jpg

Thanks a lot for those reference pics, they really helped. If anyone has any more I gladly take them. Here is a late night update! :D

quigonotj0922jg.th.jpg

quigonotj0936ma.th.jpg

quigonotj0982yp.th.jpg

qg339hz.th.jpg

Smiling:

quigonotj0963qv.th.jpg

**edit** I just noticed that the creases and wrinkles cause a little dot to appear on his forehead. I'll fix that tomorrow.

OMG! This is really good! I give a 9.5/10 to the head. The only thing that is little bit too dark are the clothes. But you're doing a great job man! ;)

Thanks! I plan on tweaking the clothes as well. I'm going to add some more texture (some threading) and lighten them, but first I want to get his face and his head right on.

Yes it looks much more like Neeson. my only complain is 'shinyness' of the face. You know those whity reflections on forehead and cheeks.

Thank you Kain. I have been tweaking the face and hair for a few days now. I Kind of like the shine on the face. I know that a lot of people don't, but I think it gives it a realistic touch. I'm not sure how the contrast makes it look good in game though, so I might change that.

Archived