Home

Rancor kills General Veers' AT-AT in 4 hits...

DalamarS@

I wouldn't mind if that's the way it is in the release version. After all, the Rancor is neutral, just like the ____ tornado. Also, it's not as unrealistic as it first seems. (I know, it's a game based on a movie, so nothing about it is 'real') With that aside, think about how vulnerable the walkers' legs are and if the Rancor can wipe out an AT-ST or T2-B in one blow, then how long would it take to remove a walker leg. A three-legged walker wouldn't last long.

One more thing: If the Rancor was weak, it wouldn't be fun or worth wile baiting it into the middle of the enemy base. There's nothing more fun than watching him snack on enemy troops.

Rancors are powerful. What do you expect?

Given that this is a modern-day SW game, not much. They threw accuracy, realism, and common sense out the window ages ago:(.

Plus....it's a video game.

I hate worthless cliché "arguments":rolleyes:.

Yes, it's a game, but it needs to make sense, too.

After all, the Rancor is neutral, just like the ____ tornado.

And that's got what to do with how strong it is?

Also, it's not as unrealistic as it first seems.

I know. It's worse.

With that aside, think about how vulnerable the walkers' legs are and if the Rancor can wipe out an AT-ST or T2-B in one blow (...)

The AT-AT is blaster-proof, friend. What is more, it appears to be heavy laser-proof, too. It can't just be ripped apart by a three metres tall creature.

And the legs aren't more vulnerable than the rest of the thing. I don't see your reasoning for why it should be, at least, seeing they hold the thing up and thus need to be pretty strong, as they're what the enemy will target.

Oh, and the Rancor cannot wipe out a T2-B or AT-ST in one blow. In the game, maybe, but in "reality"? Come on, now. Maybe it could punch a hole in that pathetic AT-ST, but come on, use your reasoning.

Rancors aren't even large enough to avoid being squased by an AT-AT's heavy feet (At-Ats in the game are too small, but that shouldn't have any impact on their statistics). I even found it annoying that General Veers couldn't step on the guy. I expect the only thing to be able to actually damage an AT-AT would be shipturbolasers (and perhaps a T3-B with both it's rockets and duallasers, but you may still need a few of them, and it's the rebels best tank). Just take a look at the Battle of Hoth, none of the rebel cannons could do any damage to the AT-ATs, only the cables did anything.

The AT-AT is blaster-proof, friend. What is more, it appears to be heavy laser-proof, too. It can't just be ripped apart by a three metres tall creature.

And the legs aren't more vulnerable than the rest of the thing. I don't see your reasoning for why it should be, at least, seeing they hold the thing up and thus need to be pretty strong, as they're what the enemy will target.

Oh, and the Rancor cannot wipe out a T2-B or AT-ST in one blow. In the game, maybe, but in "reality"? Come on, now. Maybe it could punch a hole in that pathetic AT-ST, but come on, use your reasoning.

I can see some of the points you're making, however the rancor is at least six meters tall, perhaps more. Do we know how stong they are when not in captivity? I've never seen one on National Geographic and I can't find anything in my Encyclopedia. HeHe. Don't get mad, I'm just having fun.

Secondly, the legs of a walker are their weakness. You said so yourself "as they're what the enemy will target". Remember the battle with the Ewoks? Just like with the tow cable on Hoth, they tripped AT-ST's with vines and rolling logs. AT-ST's are ray-shielded just like AT-AT's. That doesn't protect them from projectiles or crushing blows. Remember the head of an ST getting crushed by logs? I don't think the AT-AT was intended to be indestructable in the movie. They are just shielded from blasters. After all, they are only transports.

To make an analogy with real life engineering: You think something must be strong to hold a heavy load? Find the largest transport plane in the world. The wings hold it up, right? How hard do you think it is to poke a hole in the surface of the wing? How many holes would it take to make it crash?

Another analogy: Your legs hold you up. Try pushing sideways on your knee with the weight of your body. Did you hear something pop, crack, or snap? In fact, the heavier the load is on top, the more vulnerable the supports are.

Third, how do you know the rancor couldn't take out a light tank? There's no way to guess the actual strength of a rancor or the toughness of the tanks. Are the tanks made to resist lazer blasts, or physical blows? Since they hover, I'm guessing T2B's are constructed lightly. Remember how thick the door was in the rancor cage? Maybe it had to be that thick or the rancor would claw it's way through? Don't the rancor's claws resemble a can-opener?

Sure it may not be likely that a rancor would take out an ATAT, but it adds fun to the game.

I know, it's just imaginary stuff, but it's fun to theorise and debate. I'm a geek and proud of it!

I am not so bothered about the amount of damage a rancor can do but the amount of damage they can take, I think surely one shot from an AT AT would kill one but as someone said the target maximum firepower attack only took half of the health off of it. I do however realise that there would be no fun to having it in the game if it was easy to kill but I think at the moment it may be a bit tough.

An AT-AT stands for All Terrain-Assault Transport, so in fact you could concider them equal to the Moldy Crow/Millenium Falcon/Imperial Star Destroyer. Since the AT-TE was pre-form of an AT-AT, the function of the AT-AT must be at least similar, the AT-AT is an invasion walker as well as a transport. A rancor could defenity do as much damadge or more like the Ewoks in the Battle of Endor. Have any of you seen a wampa attack a vehicle before, It would be interesting to see the wampa's power vs. a walker, it might actually be the same.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a scene in Courtship, where they get captured, and the imperial patrol that has them is attacked by rancors, and the AT-ST's get whalloped. I know the agruement is about AT-ATs, but I am just saying, some people are forgeting how big those rancors are supposed to be if full grown. Is the one on Tatooine supposed to be full grown? Jabba's was not.

Good point. I didn't think about that one. I hope we can do that, and not just the Rancor, the Wampus is probably cool too. I wonder how many different creatures there are? Will swamp planets have droid-eating serpents for example?

Wampa isn't nearly as powerful (attack at least speed might make it more useful) look at the damage in projectiles in B&G2.6 mod. The damage ratio is like 20 to 1

The AT-AT is blaster-proof, friend. What is more, it appears to be heavy laser-proof, too. It can't just be ripped apart by a three metre tall creature.

Awesome points! Also dont forget were talkin' 'bout futuristic metals and stuff. Plus the larger animals are, the more I find that their strength-size ratio goes down (ants can lift up to 50 times their weight, lemurs are pretty strong, I can lift twice my body weigth without breaking a sweat, I doubt elephants can lift their body weigth and I know for a fact that whales cannot lift theirs). so I doubt a rancor can destroy something made a s dense as metals, particularly ones stronger than steel. Although I must say, rancors are taller than 3 metres tall; although, they still shouldn't be able to kill a walker.

Archived