Home

Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]

Foshjedi2004

Betrayal Has a Really F.ed Up Storyline.

Loads of Force Ghosts and Random stuff.

Wedge and Han Turn their back on the GFFA

JACEN BECOMES A SITH APPRENTICE!!!

I HAVE IT IN FRONT OF ME NOW!!

He only turns because he thinks he killed Master Skywalker!!!

how'd you feel about vegere being a sith?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rancor Tooth
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

JACEN BECOMES A SITH APPRENTICE!!!

Wow, didn't see that coming. Not. :)

how'd you feel about vegere being a sith?

Makes sense. It would explain all the foolishness. :D

Should perhaps this discussion be split into spoiler and non-spoiler threads? That way those of us to have it or want spoilers can discuss freely and those who don't want to be spoiled (Is Astro the only one around here?) can avoid them. Otherwise, there is are pages of white...

Sounds like a fun book to read. So its going back to things before the Vongs and all the weird sheet, great :3

That Rancor Tooth saber thingy has quite a story, remember how Ka drops her arm (ok, ok it must be a husband-wife thingie :3 )?

Personally I wonder why she is still in Witches grab though.

(Is Astro the only one around here?) can avoid them. Otherwise, there is are pages of white...

lolz. Keep your pants on Primeski. I didnt see the volume of traffic signficant enough to warrant that, especially pre-release. Also, another mod will then be obligated to keep an eye on it because it would be out of bounds for me til July-August, and I didnt want to put anyone out :violin:

Still, if people think they would really like a non spoiler thread, I will hardly stop you from making one!! lolz.

@Fosh etc, it is possible to create posts that contain spoilers that everyone can read !

eg. It is interesting that there is a focus on Jacen and how

he uses his force powerz to kill people who make entire posts within spoiler tags

. Its not good to see !!

anyway,

heres a Release Day Interview With Aaron Allston No spoilers!!

and here's TFNs Reviews Where they seem to be singing Aalston praises and using big words like apotheosis :) SPOILER ALERT for the reviews of course :D

mtfbwya

Ok, this introduction to the story... Han, Leia and Luke suspect each other of betrayal? Han's "He's in on it. Did you see the bulkhead behind him and his trying to cover up a pilot uniform?" the stupidity of those lines are really grating on me! Am I supposed to believe that the 3 biggest heroes of the Alliance with all drek that they've gone through over the years including in the EU (as this is a EU book) would just start acting aggressive against each other without even talking?

Am I supposed to believe that Han Solo believes Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, long time friend, brother in arms and mentor to his children actually plans to attack and invade Corellia, just because "they want to be independent". And Leia sister to Jedi Master Luke, a Jedi in her own right and a master diplomat... agrees with Han's asessment? :rolleyes: Oh please... is this Star Wars Young, or what?! What... is... this?!

I understand the need to get to the point quickly (a civil war bewtween the heroes and it sounds like an interesting storyline) but give it a little more credibility. As it stands now it is Han and luke playing catch and suddenly one of them yells "you cheat" and pulls a blaster and starts shooting the other, dead serious, aiming at his head.

It's a cop out not giving them motives and NO, Luke being worried about the GA and Han about Corellia is not enough reason to pit the 2 greatest heroes of the galaxy against each other.

To me it says "Let's get to the point quick, the audience is too stupid to care of how we got there". This is exactly why I never could get more than, mildly interested, in the EU, because it assumed its audience were morons... and apparently it still does.

• 3 weeks later...
...To me it says "Let's get to the point quick, the audience is too stupid to care of how we got there". This is exactly why I never could get more than, mildly interested, in the EU, because it assumed its audience were morons... and apparently it still does.

lolz. If you think SW books are meant to be anything more than light reading, you will always be disappointed. EU isnt quantum mech or metaphysics, and isnt meant to be.

Star Wars, in all its forms, is a space fantasy/adventure series. SW lit-EU, whilst hardly perfect, has evolved significantly from its Thrawn/Clones/Superweapons beginnings. I'd liek to throw in that Traitor is am awesome book, by the standards of any genre :)

If only Stover could have described Anakins torment that well. He tried, but unfortunately was limited by GLs imagination :p

mtfbwya

• 4 weeks later...
I'd liek to throw in that Traitor is am awesome book, by the standards of any genre :)

You mean the NJO one? Gotta agree with you there, that was by far my favorite.

edit: That rancor tooth lightsaber looks really bizarre.

The first two-thirds of Betrayal was a let down for me. The book was far too predictable, especially Jacen's turn to the other side of the force (And I haven't read any Vong-war era books). The ending was a little bit bit better, with a slight twist, but we wouldn't want to overdue that, now would we?

• 2 weeks later...

Luke better die infact i hope all the original gang does somewhere along this series hell they are all nearly in their seventies now *and dont give me the 60 is the new 40 bull***** im glad they are trying to push newer characters like jacen and ben its about time there was some change in the galaxy it stops starwars getting old and stale.

Oh well judging from the next book

Boba could be on his last legs which is a good thing as he is in his seventies and its about time he retired for good

Yeah, I agree,

Boba better die!

Have you read the excerpt from the next book especially this part?

Now I find I'm thinking of a daughter. Ailyn. Who I haven't seen in fifty years, wondering if she's still alive. You see, I'm ill. Think I'm dying. If I am, there're things I've got to do. One of them is to find out what happened to Ailyn. Another is to decide who's going to be Mandalore when I'm gone. And the third, of course, is to cheat death. I've had a lot of practice at that.

• 2 weeks later...
'Course he did, Vergere told him all about that theory in Traitor.
No, I'm saying he acts like he always believed there is a dark side. Which, as you point out, isn't the case.

So the cover for Exile has just been released...
Uh, doesn't Han look about two decades too young?

Archived