Home

Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]

Foshjedi2004

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my copy yesterday and all i can say is so far its been brilliant these books are looking to be the best thing to ever happen to star wars, they are really really great.

One thing i've got to say im not too keen on so far is all the mentions of the mandos ok it makes sense as boba fett is a major character so he should be talking about them but it seems every other chatacter makes needless referances to them too.

Got my copy yesterday and all i can say is so far its been brilliant these books are looking to be the best thing to ever happen to star wars, they are really really great.

One thing i've got to say im not too keen on so far is all the mentions of the mandos ok it makes sense as boba fett is a major character so he should be talking about them but it seems every other chatacter makes needless referances to them too.

Sounds great! I'll have to pick it up today. It's dissappointing though, that there are lots of references to clones. I prefer the post RotJ EU to have as little reference to pre-RotE as possible. On the other hand, I was checking Wikipedia and

Thrackan Sal-Solo finally kicks the bucket! At last!

Is it also carried through in Bloodlines that Jaina has a pretty minor role? Aside from her botched kidnap story arc, she didn't really have much to do in Betrayal.

So finished it yesterday and loved everysecond of it!

Is it also carried through in Bloodlines that Jaina has a pretty minor role? Aside from her botched kidnap story arc, she didn't really have much to do in Betrayal.

Yeah she isnt really in this one much but when she is she does add to the story, all the referances to clones didnt really bug me as a huge part of the story is Boba trying to find family and stuff so it was expected.

It is a great book and i like the referances it makes to past events

Like jacens flowwalking to see anakins raid on the temple

So far this series is the best thing to come set after the movies if they ever did decide to make 7,8 or 9 this is the story line they should go with *plus all the actors would be the right age!*

So far this series is the best thing to come set after the movies if they ever did decide to make 7,8 or 9 this is the story line they should go with *plus all the actors would be the right age!*

Well, when you put it that way...

The comparison to the movies would be a little more tolerated if it was a 7-9 of the movies then :p

Just finished Bloodlines. Was a good read. I like Traviss' infatuation with Mandalorians. Perhaps the future books will include Mandalore as a focal point in the story. I certainly do hope we see Fett's story arc finished, and I can't wait til Traviss finishes the next RepCom book.

• 3 weeks later...

The writers still use the force at their convenience. What I mean is that if it fits the story at a particular time, then the hero will sense even the slightest nudge of the force even if someone force-farted 5000 years ago in a cave, they will pick it up now because the character needs to enter a tunnel, at other times characters will openly use massive force energies and other more powerful jedi will just go on with their everyday business while whistling a tune.

...and yes I'm referring to Jacen "clouding" Luke only when it is convenient for the story.

They have a pretty good overall branching story (Legacy of the Force), that I presume was brainstormed by a group of people then finetuned to adhere to have the right sw feel and to incorporate heroism, fall from grace, brotherhood, parenthood, current day real world sociopolitical criticism, etc. And then they hire writers to fill out the blanks. And it is in those blanks that sometimes most oftenly; they blow it. Like Leia murdering a wounded soldier in cold blood.

Small annoyances, but things that detract from the overall enjoyment.

• 1 month later...
Just finished Bloodlines. Was a good read. I like Traviss' infatuation with Mandalorians. Perhaps the future books will include Mandalore as a focal point in the story. I certainly do hope we see Fett's story arc finished, and I can't wait til Traviss finishes the next RepCom book.

I just picked up Bloodlines. I hope they do not end Fett's story. :(

His ending will be a sad moment for all. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished Tempest last Friday. I found it an enjoyable read, but I'm also a sucker for Jacen and Tenel Ka.

They brought back an old PT character:

Aurra Sing. No clue what the point was in bringing her back into the storyline. She's older than everyone in the book. :/

There was also one point in the book (big spoiler)

where I thought the authors were actually going to kill Han and Leia... but they got away. Meewahl and Cakhmaim didn't make it though.

I give it a 4 out of 5 from me. I got through the book in 6 hours... I think that's a peronal record for me.

I'm on the last third of Bloodlines, yeah still, because it pissed me off and I had to take a break reading or I would have burnt it muttering voodoo curses.

Even though very enjoyable, it still feels like they have very ambitious and mature goals, yet still go for the easy cop-out too often. They're setting up these big angst-filled events and when they get to it they mostly go:

I hate you!

Yeah, I hate you too, let's shoot eachother now!

Fine, whatever, let's!

They are not balancing it very well... but neither did Lucas (in any of HIS movies, the movies handled by other directors have different dynamics), so I guess the phony imbalance between maturity and plastic goes hand in hand in the SW universe.

Archived