Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]

Foshjedi2004

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the book release dates: (thnx wiki!!)

* Betrayal by Aaron Allston (Hardcover - released on May 30th, 2006)

* Bloodlines by Karen Traviss (Released on August 29th, 2006)

* Tempest by Troy Denning (Released on November 28th, 2006)

* Exile by Aaron Allston (Released on February 27th, 2007)

* Sacrifice by Karen Traviss (Hardcover - released on May 29th, 2007)

* Inferno by Troy Denning (Scheduled for release on August 28th, 2007)

* Fury by Aaron Allston (Scheduled for release on November 27th, 2007)

* Revelation by Karen Traviss (Scheduled for release on March 4th, 2008)

* Invincible by Troy Denning (Hardcover - scheduled for release on June 3rd, 2008)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Inferno the other day.

GREAT read...

The saber duel between Luke and Jacen was riveting. Luke is truly an awesome Jedi Master, he TOTALLY owns in this book. I think he is going to regret not finishing Jacen off though. Ben, although you're heart goes out to him, kinda of acted stupidly. He should stick close to his dad more often.

Everyone turns on Jacen, including Tenel Ka, and just when you think his fleet is going to become space-scrap Alema Rar shows up with the Sith meditation sphere and takes control of the Bothan fleet!

I highly recommend it. This series is all far better than any of the yuhzan vong nonsense, its all about familair and well established EU and original characters that are all family now. The only series I have enjoyed as much as this one is the Thrawn trilogy.

Frankly I am surprised its not talked about more, I guess most on this forum have not been reading it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, no posts in two months. Just finished "Fury" this afternoon. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with it.

There weren't any really memorable scenes, like the Luke/Jacen duel in Inferno or Mara's death, and Luke doesn't do anything for most of the book except sit around meditating (neither does Ben). As far as the plot, basically things wind up the same as when they began, except Centerpoint Station is destroyed. I also don't know why the book is called "Fury" and has Ben (I think) on the cover... because he doesn't do anything or express any "fury" during the course of the novel. Apparently Trevass is going to dig up Ben's anger issues for the next book, and Jaina is going to apprentice herself to Boba Fett in order to kill Jacen. I'm starting to wonder if "Revelation" might not be worth the read.

The book is average on the whole, not outstanding but not totally awful... I had just expected more given the last two books.

Man, no posts in two months. Just finished "Fury" this afternoon. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with it.The book is average on the whole, not outstanding but not totally awful... I had just expected more given the last two books.

Well, each author devotes themselves to write about different characters (Like Karen Traviss writes about the mandalorians and Boba Fett), but yeah, Fury was not AWESOME yet not Bad, but the revelation at the end of the book was good. I'm looking forward to Revelation and Invincible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived