Home

Legacy of the Force Series [spoiler tags plz]

Foshjedi2004

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to think I was so overjoyed with completing the "Dark Nest" trilogy, and nearly completing the NJO :( I only Have "Betrayal", and "Bloodlines", and barely picked up "Sacrifice" the other day. It's nice getting them later when the prices drop, and on the plus side I can read them all and finish the series at the same time ;)

^^^

There are characters and plots I would of liked to see expanded on more, maybe in to the next series of novels, but overall it's the only series I've enjoyed from start to finish. I was happy with the way they handled the ending, even if I'm not completely happy with the outcome :)

I haven't read Revelation or Invincible yet, but I'm not gonna lie, I absolutely hate the Legacy of the Force series, for several reasons.

1. Jacen's decisions and thought processes make no sense. New Jedi Order ends with him being an absolute pacifist who has reached a level of understanding of the Force that literally makes him invincible. Troy Denning, in the Dark Nest, has Jacen return from his 5 year escapade suddenly willing to lead preemptive strikes against people who aren't even enemies. And in the beginning of Betrayal, suddenly he is willing to kill people with absolutely no remorse. Would someone please tell me why that makes any sense?

2. Every novel that isn't a hardcover barely progresses the plot at all, if the characters don't end up exactly where they started. Inferno is the one book that actually managed to make a little progress, but Luke clearly made a totally irrational decision in the end. I understand not wanting to kill in hate, however, Caedus was down and out. He could have dragged him off the ship if he had to.

3. The Expanded Universe acted like New Jedi Order made the galaxy a totally new place, and yet in 10 years the jungle of Coruscant is gone and all the buildings are repaired and everyone is back. The "New" Jedi Order is exactly like the old one; the Galactic Alliance is just the New Republic with a different name (before it starts becoming like the Empire).

Well, hate as much as I can hate a star wars book. I do still care where all the characters end up, but i think the writing has gone way done hill.

In my opinion, with a little more cooperation between the three writers, a little less dragging their own favorite characters into the story and some more time, this series could've turned out very good. I don't hate it, I'm just a little disappointed with the result.

Oh yeah, and for those who care: the paperback is scheduled for December, so I'll only have to wait half a year now. :) Has everything to do with the new Millennium Falcon novel that is scheduled for early next year and takes places after the LOTF series.

In my opinion, with a little more cooperation between the three writers, a little less dragging their own favorite characters into the story....

Amen. I'm looking at you, Troy Denning, with your Ewok and Sullustan who enjoy being in a story for no reason!

EDIT: image sized down >>way too big..please consider low bandwidth users before posting High Res images[/img]

20071205_bg.jpg

I thing Jacen's sister is gonna kill him

My god that ending was for lack of better that i could post on this forum term peice of crap.

I feel that i have wasted the 100 something dollars i have spent reading this series infact i dont think i am going to buy another book. Heck what is the point i know the ending of all them now since their hasent been one book one book at all where the bad guys win god i hate lucas.

Sorry to say, but what did you expect?

The Expanded Universe is so crammed full with stories, they have no freedom at all.

For example, in the Legacy comics, the ruler of the Imperial remnant is a Fell. So they need to push a Fell to the throne one day. Also, there is a new generation of Skywalkers, so Ben will at least have one son.

You see where this is going? There isn't much space left to go. And so they gave us this...an (in my opinion) boring book series which ends the way it started (with peace all over the galaxy) and only 1 important character killed. So it was a safe way to write...

I hope they can reboot the rebel era with the upcoming 'Shadows of Mindor' novels. And I heared rumours about an Old Republic book series. Which is quit possible, since there are thousands of years of history to explore there.

Yeah well I am done with these stories I am tired of the good guys always winning it get very tedious and heck I am tired with most of these characters I would have minded if Luke, Leia, Han, Jaina had all been killed. Thier was infinite possiblities that could have lead to Jag being head of the Imperials and for ben to have had a son but no they give us a reused ending.

Plus the killed of one of my favorite characters had had him beaten in a duel that lasted what 20 secs.

Eh, it was alright.

Since I read the Legacy comics, I've been wondering how a Fel became Emperor. Now we just need to know who Kol's mother was. Gonna take a wild stab, Tahiri?

Back on topic: An end to a series. I agree, the writing has gone downhill. Someone needs to kick these authors and editors in the buttocks for slacking off.

And now I can't help myself waiting for Millienium Falcon... (spoiler alert)

well theres been few where the bad guys win Dark lord rise of darth vader comes to mind, the bane books esspecially the 2nd one 1st not so much. But yea thats why i dont like the legacy era books it ussually involves some ridiculas feat from one of the good characters and them becoming one with the force being used as the excuse for them doing this feat

Eh, it was alright.
It certainly fizzled big time. I thought it started out with a lot of promise, but they just dropped the ball completely. I still have to get through Invincible, but I'm having to force myself to. Unfortunately, after the DNT and LotF, that has pretty much put the nail in the coffin for my interest in post-ROTJ novels. I'm getting tired of reading about major characters that are getting into their 70's and beyond. It's time to move on!

Since I read the Legacy comics, I've been wondering how a Fel became Emperor. Now we just need to know who Kol's mother was. Gonna take a wild stab, Tahiri?
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that it was going to end up being Jaina?

Back on topic: An end to a series. I agree, the writing has gone downhill. Someone needs to kick these authors and editors in the buttocks for slacking off.
Tru dat. Oh, and they might want to run a spell checker at some point. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that it was going to end up being Jaina?

Kol is a Skywalker... that would be gross... saying that though, isn't cousin love aloud in certain sectors? ;)

Kol= Cade Skywalker's Dad, descendant of Ben

The Fel's= Descendant's of Jagg and most likely Jaina

Archived