Home

WIP: Chocobo

LightNinja

Well, why a chocobo? i was over gamingforums and i show a pic that was the perfect reference, and just for trying if i could be able to make one like the ff12 ones. Here is the progress:

perseped7xd.jpg

perels4nj.jpg

jujuju9gv.jpg

As you may see the model is far from finished, i need to make a lot more of feathers and one belt and so on. This thing will take really LONG, at least till i buy a wacom because it will be impossible to draw each feather in the body with the mouse, because i want the skin look like ff12 chocobo one, then if im not tired enough or have lost my interest i'll animate it and put it ingame, but animating and put it in game should be after the skin, if not i may not finish the job, as always :/.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that one is about 30€, though i'll try to buy something better than the one of the screenshot, i think thats what i need to do nice skins from scratch, its a hell to make feathers or fur with the mouse, plus im good on drawing so i think it will be much easy for me to skin with this, also once i get this i hope ill finish the skin of the griphon too.

i got a wacom, mines a lil bigger than that but thier very useful for painting textures, theyre super hard to draw actual sketches with though. i can draw on it now but it was like hard to learn cause thiers no friction between that pen and the slippery surface of the tablet like thier is on pencil and paper. :p

• 1 month later...

same here. i am wondering though - is there a non-saddled version?

and....i wonder if its possible to make one type into a flying vehicle as opposed to a tauntaun walking one...that would be very interesting ;) After all, the vehicles in jk3 launch exactly like the chocobo in FF9. The only difference is the chocobo flaps its wings whilst flying.

a kinda swoop chocobo could be made, also it only would be in a static position, it wouldnt look too realistic, flying vehicles can't have a walk/run anim, its just an static animation, for example, you can make a plane vehicle, but you can't make the helix of the rotor move all the time when you are flying, thats the bad thing about JA, is not much mod-able.

Superb job Cuillere ^^

Archived