Home

WIP: Chocobo

LightNinja

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Szico

but theres a yellow version right?? i mean, the default one will be at the map?

And also i made the skins not to lighten because it will really look weird, i guess they look weird enough with more colors than yellow (maybe thats why in ff-online theres only yellow chocobos) and i guess it'd be more like in ff-online than in the other games, so with those colors and the balance between brightness/contrast in the skins it looks like a realistic animal.

@buffy

argh! i did try to do it but when i opened the map ingame it was without some textures such as the grass of chocobos ranch

You could have asked for help on how to weight eyelids. ;)

The easiest way is to weight the eyelids (set of verts that you want to cover the eye) to a dummy bone linked to a bone your going to rotate (Like a planet circling the sun). That way the eyelid properly covers the eye (or blinks).

chocoboglow11jz.th.jpgchocoboglow0da.th.jpg

@ninja

did you included "chocobo_v2" shaders file too ?

my Map looks ok but ...

here is all in one shot (can you use some of them when you release ? :D)

chocoboall10su.th.jpgchocoboall03ic.th.jpgchocoboall85kd.th.jpg

I can give you the chocobo ranch map before the release if you'd like tot ake the shots on that.

The easiest way is to weight the eyelids (set of verts that you want to cover the eye) to a dummy bone linked to a bone your going to rotate (Like a planet circling the sun). That way the eyelid properly covers the eye (or blinks).

Thanks keshire ;), i'll try to make it.

@buffy

It seems that you need some shaders for the other colors, i'm pretty sure they are in the .pk3 because they work for me, maybe when you changed files to make them spawn in midgar_v2 you missed them.

• 2 weeks later...

So do I. After this week of exams are over, it'll be full -speed ahead to get the map finished. Got another 2 floors of ShinRA HQ to do, and then the slums and chocobo racecourse. Slums shouldnt take too long, and the chocobo racecourse not too long either. It should be done for about 1/4 of the way into the summer hols, maybe earlier.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. That's awesome LightNinja! I love your work. :D And schizo's maps as well. You two are very good for quality!

And on the Chocobo, the basis of the head could be shaped to look like Boga's (Obi's Varactyl in Ep3) head. Just would have to model the body and stuff and fit it on, then skin it to be Boga and remodel the head a little bit. :D Just a thought really, unless Culliere starts one (he's awesome too)

But anyway, I love final fantasy, and this would make a great model to have upon release! :) Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived