Home

Dropping by

Higgsy

Hey there, you guys may remember me from a good while back. I promised I'd drop in and say hi so here I am. With one question:

Has Galaxies gone any worse?

From when I was playing it seemed hard but Ive heard the Trials of Obi campaign really sucks.

I moved on to WoW and havent looked back but i still remember the good times on Galaxies........ all 4 of em :p

Only jokin I had some good laughs at the start.

Ha y'know i probably would try again, if i got my trial period free, oh and if I didnt remember the drudgery and constant glitches. Anybody remember that time they nerf the group xp so you got like 50xp for killing a big assed Krayt dragon? that wasnt fun (and actually provoked me to quit) plus id just started the long haul to jedi-hood. ah the FS xp grind, so much fun...

Alot has changed. The game revolves mainly around questing now, so alot of your XP comes from quests. Only 9 professions to choose from, and you can be a Jedi from the start now. Killing critters doesn't net alot of XP anymore, grouping is seen very rarely, and usually only when people need help with a certain part of a quest. There is still a grind, only in the form of quests though - so it doesn't seem as bad as killing Bol's or whatever.

Crafting is near extinct now, before the game was totally against loot of any kind because it would hurt crafters, now you can loot things off mobs (sometimes some fairly nice stuff). More combat oriented, the focus has gone away from the original aspect of the game considerably.

Archived