Home

Problem with accessing my files

Pie™

Last night I spent a considerable amount of time sorting all my music (80+ GB) into genres and unto one HD, and everything seemed to be working fine. But today when I simply moved the music from G:\music\genres to G:\, I got an error message when trying to open the files, stating "Can not access [Metal]. No access." (rough translation). All the folders also took up 0b, but the drive was still almost full. After trying to fix it and failing a few times (including running checkdisk twice), I tried running a system recovery, and restored everything to last night's settings.

After I did this, I could access the folders and see the files again, and everything seemed fine and dandy once more. But alas, it was not. Now I can try to play the files, and nothing happens, and when I try removing "write protection", i'm told that I have "no access" again.

If any of the more tech savy peeps here could help me, I'd be eternally grateful, as I'd like not having to rip all this music and sorting it all over again.

[edit] I managed to fix it, thanks AC/DCfanBill! :)

Archived