Home

Space Supremacy in Instant Action

Darth Andrew

In Instant Action, play a large space battle (Mygetto and I believe Kashyyyk) where there are two gunships per side at the beginning of the battle in the Clone Wars Era. Also make the point limit 250 for one player, 500 for two players, etc. The higher points needed to win gives you more time to pull this strategy off.

Play as the Republic, choose the pilot class, and take off with a fully manned gunship. Land it in the CIS cruiser, and once you get back to the Venator (either through death or by choice), take off with another full gunship. Land it in the enemy's cruiser, and if the first gunship you landed is still there, do as you please. With all the combat inside the CIS's cruiser, most enemy pilots won't make it to their ships, especially if you land the gunships just behind the unmanned enemy fighters, like so:

G = Republic Gunship

X = Enemy fighter, bomber, interceptor, or transport

Red arrows show general enemy movement.

The red rectangles at the bottom are the doors that lead to the control room.

bf2movement.jpg

Crude, yes? :D With this, very few enemy craft will ever reach space, as most of the enemies run into your boarding party. So, the Republic will have almost complete air superiority. I suppose this could work with the other three sides, but their enemy hangers are much more small, and to me, less impressive. This tactic has worked pretty well so far, but I don't know if it would in online multiplayer since the enemy won't be quite as dumb. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

also, if you land on the steps with the gunships, the AI won't know how to get down because the stairs are blocked. and the Gunships wont fly away because they arenet fully on the floor so.... KILLFEST IN THE CONTROL ROOM!

Archived