Home

Rebel Commando

Ruku

Well, it's been a good three months (atleast) since Monsoontide first sent me his Rebel Commando model ... to which I got sidetracked with various other things such as Clone Ultima. So I got back onto working on the textures for the model, I figure the poor guy probably lost hope.

So after examining the face, it turns out it was just a modified Kyle/Luke head-mesh ... and the mapping for it was the same as Raven's. This would not do!

I went about making the new texture, to my own dimensions and proportions... and then went and fit the new UV-Map to my texture.

The result thus far?

Like a majority of my screenshots, the old one is on the left... my re-mapped, re-textured Rebel is on the right :).

newtest9yx.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reskinning his model, as the ones he sent were *his* attempt at the textures - and asked me to have stab at mine. Just like how NeoMarz sent everyone *his* textures for Clone Ultima, and people used them as base - I made my own.

Let's not get too pedantic about this, it's classed as a model and a model it shall stay - get off my back over the sub-section of a topic. If a moderator has a different opinion, they can move it to what they deem the appropriate section.

Mine? or the original..?

If it's mine he's refering to... he needs his eyes checked. However I can see a vague similarity to him on the left-hand version. However, the original is simply the Luke Skywalker texture with a beard added over the top...

O....K. So I see there's a big argument going on here on whether it's in the right thread or not. Well, I'd have to agree with Zappa, on the account that IT IS A SKIN. Im not the one to argue, but he is right. I dont wanna go on your badside, Ruku. I love your work and all, but this is a skin in a modeling forum. Though there are good points on both sides, the one on Zappa's side would hold to be the winner. I'm sorry, it's true.

That is all.

If this is in the wrong section, than so is Omeewan's Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. However as you saw, Zappa is working with him on that... so he kept his "constructive" argument to himself. This is classed as a model as I was given it personally by Monsoontide, with the intention of having me texture it, then hand it back to him for final additions and release.I have completely remapped this model... once finished, I then need to completely re-weight the model.

I can't possibly make it any clearer, now drop it.

As for the Commando, I should have some shots of the the whole head (not just the face) up within a couple of hours :).

I swear to god, it's like talking to a thick, retarded brick wall. The model has to be re-weighted, a skin does not interfere with a model's weighting.... any modeller, skinner or weighter (IB or ]|V|[ for example) can tell you that. Stop coming into threads and putting your feathered foot "down" like it has some weight to it.

You are not a moderator - get that through your head.

One more dubious post from you regarding the model's sub-category, and I will report you to the real moderators.

Let me work in peace, I don't come to my threads to see your pointless, bias, unknowledgable excrement all over it.

You are not a moderator - get that through your head.

One more dubious post from you regarding the model's sub-category, and I will report you to the real moderators.

Ive been around here long enough to know what goes where and what is what. Do what you want I dont really give a crap. And all these skins threads will be moved sooner or later, whenever someone gets around to it. So lets see some pics of your skins and stop your bitching.

Ok, no more cookies for both of you! lol ;)

Keep up the great work, Ruku.

Off-topic: Ruku, your Avatar, who is that? Im just making sure, cause I have an idea of who it is, but I cant think of the damned name! lol Im sure you'll be like ":o You dont know who that is?!?!?" lol

Anyway ya, keep up the great work. :p

Archived