Home

Multiplayer Issue and EXE file Issue

Dr. Jodis Welch

I have a couple of issues with BF2, one major, one rather minor, that I wonder if anyone can suggest to resolve them

I have had no problems what so ever with single player since buying the game, however I have never been able to use the multiplayer function. When selecting multiplayer ether in game or via GameSpy, the game freezes the moment I select join. No error message, just a total system lock up.

I have tried opening the port numbers in my firewall settings suggested in the Troubleshooting guide but I am still getting system freezes when selecting multiplayer.

The second issue is more a minor issue. When closing the game and then trying to go back in, there is no response from the game. I found the cause to be that when closing the game, there is still a process in task manager for battlefront2.exe. No amount of "End Process" will clear it, and of course it will not load the game again, if it thinks it is alreay running.

I can simply clear the issue by restarting the PC. This though will be a bit of a pain if I get Muiltiplayer working and I want to go to a different server in GameSpy, I will have to reboot my PC before selecting a different server.

Any suggestions would be a great welcome.

Thanks

Archived