Home

KOTOR III Wishlist

killerDOTcom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really liked about the premise of 'KotOR I' was the oldstyle robes. When it came to KotOR II, I didn't mind the movies style. However, I thought they felt a little out of place timeline wise. I hope they give you a chance to obtain KotOR I style robes in KotOR III.

ok here's my list -

1. custom player like galaxies - they did a wonderful job on galaxies, you can customize almost everything about the player and all the armor/cloth meshes and animations still work. I'd definately like to customize what i have to look at for the next 40 hours of gameplay :)

2. custom lightsaber - of course, isn't this everyone's dream? they have a good start on this already, i love being able to switch out my lenses/crystals - give me hilts !!

3. Let me wander aimlessly to level up - i say no more shuttle crashes, or not being able to leave so many parts of the game. i don't like having to kill everything when it is presented to me so i don't loose my chance to level up. i'd like baddies to respawn, so i don't have to rely on a glitch to get to upper levels.

i like being able to try and speed through parts of the game when i feel like it/ and slow down for others - and not get punished for it.

4. New planets - i'm sick of tantooine - i'd also like a reason to have to revisit planets once i've "conquered" them. So far KOTOR let's us do one main event on a planet and move on - never having to come back to a planet. I'd like to visit the planets in different parts of the story line and actually see change on the planet. The places should be treated like a character i care about - i am saving it after all. they should change and grow with the story.

5. Let me keep playing after the story ends - heh, i know this might sound dumb. for the people who don't care, it won't matter - but for me it would be nice to have some things to do after you save the galaxy. build a temple, train some guys, become a professional pazaak player - just little mini things to do - the availability could even depend on choices made throughout the story.

6. More action in fighting - though i will prob be shunned for saying this - i'd like a more-in-your-face FPS type of combat, oh how i'd love to have force jump and a lightsaber to wreak havoc on my enemies rather than clicking 'attack' and waiting while the computer rolls, and silly anims play that don't really show me how my PC owned a baddie. basically - aside from higher-up power anims, there is no difference (visually) than a lvl 1 fight or a lvl 30 fight. I want slick jedi combat anims or let me to it (FPS combat control) myself :) - is it possible to have it both ways and have a preference?

7. A complete game - i can't tell you how angry i was with the last one! please make sure that you make it complete - whatever it is.

As for story - i think i am owed having the 3rd explain the ending of the 2nd.

tell me how everything is wrapped up - so i can sleep at night.

I don't care about the specifics about the story in the 3rd one - BUT here are suggestions i'd like to see.

A - no memory loss, or have been uber powerful and have to work your way up. If i have to work my way up, then let me start a padwan or someone recently figured out they have jedi powers.

B - New ship, i love the Ebon Hawk - but let it leave with the exile. it's been a number of years and i'd like something updated.

C - Characters / dialogue in which i see the people around me grow - for good or bad. as much as i like influence, i think it would be ok to allow the NPCs to voice / act on their natural disposition to the world around them - not always reacting to my specific choices. I've said above, i'd like to see the galaxy treated as a character - NPCs should react to that as well (on their own)

D - More social relief, these games are about relationships of sorts. i like the random scenes done in the past when 2 certain characters are with each other at certain parts of the game. I think we should have more of this - makes me feel like the group has character and that i don't have 2 mindless drones following me as I alone save the galaxy.

8 - Being able to draw and holster weapons at will.

9 - Jumping

10 - Dynamic marketplace. i want to have some (not all) vendors that carry leveled loot.

11 - i want it on my PC. i want to mod it. i want less glitches. i'd like to see expansions for this title (or at least it made in a way where the community can furnish our own).

i think that's it :)

- GirlFriday

i disagree.

jumping can be done tastefully and add more immersion to the world that you'd react in. I'm not in anyway suggesting that jumping become a main part of gameplay (like a mario-type platform game relies on it) but it would be nice to have a few places where jumping fits in. - luke jumps out of carbonite chamber to avoid being trapped, or jumps over a hole with leah to avoid an overwhelming force.

I think my point is that RPGs shouldn't avoid action. choice is an action, combat is an action. i think to properly immerse the player into a world is comes down to what can the player do? Can i have the choice of solving a dilema with an action other than combat? or talking to a person? i think being able to run away or jump to escape provides the player with freedom of movement - another choice in a story that is just as valid as choosing option 'c' in a dialogue menu.

-GirlFriday

@girlfriday;

I wholeheartedly agree with everything except the Ebon Hawk. I'm all for flashing it up (see the other thread regarding the EH) but keep it nonetheless.

In particular, the "after game" play hadn't really occured to me before, probably because of the way the first two ended. Still, if this is to be the final ep, one would expect the PC to remain somewhere around, thereby making after game play viable.

LoL ewok as a party member. If serious i would like the game to feel somewhat like kotor one with all the sith lords features, like cool item making and stuff. only exception about kotor 1 is that there were only 4 main story planets and that is not enough for me. Also hutt PC, i once told, how is that possible (ONLY thing you level is persuade and you get 20k in start of game and you need 20million to bribe main boss. you have 200 fixed hp, 1 atk, 1 dmg (no weapons equipable) pretty neat, huh?)

i disagree.

jumping can be done tastefully and add more immersion to the world that you'd react in. I'm not in anyway suggesting that jumping become a main part of gameplay (like a mario-type platform game relies on it) but it would be nice to have a few places where jumping fits in. - luke jumps out of carbonite chamber to avoid being trapped, or jumps over a hole with leah to avoid an overwhelming force.

I think my point is that RPGs shouldn't avoid action. choice is an action, combat is an action. i think to properly immerse the player into a world is comes down to what can the player do? Can i have the choice of solving a dilema with an action other than combat? or talking to a person? i think being able to run away or jump to escape provides the player with freedom of movement - another choice in a story that is just as valid as choosing option 'c' in a dialogue menu.

Right .. the inability to jump sometimes really frustrates me ... sometimes switch playing between JA and kotor .. and after JA where in combat i use backflip to void enemy very often .. and in kotor it feels very ... strange ... that i cant do it ... so it would be nice if they atleast made something like that to be possible ..

Because its next-gen, I want to see REAL star wars type environments. For example, when aboard a ship, make it expansive. Have the hallways shadowy and dark, with lighting panels across the roof. Have the metallic walls reflecting the light. When looking out of the window, you can see the wonder of space, not just a black JPG with a couple of white spots. Make the coldness of space travel apparent to the player. Surround us in the star wars world with lush environments. Take away the linear feeling of the earlier games.

What I would also like to see is a more open-ended type of game, but not take away the main story. So for example, instead of being someone with amnesia with a past of being a great force wielder, this time I'd like to be someone who's just a force adept who's on the path to learning the force. Not someone who's an uBBer Jedi/sith that kicks butt around the galaxy. Instead this time let the force be overwhelming to the player and make the opposition more dangerous with the force. Show us how great and how terrible it can be.

Also I'd like to see the Light vs. Dark side thing more open and versatile. Not just a large selection of dialog options. For example, with the darkside, why not have someone similar to Palpatine become aware of this new force adept and use trickery and cunning to lure you over to the darkside to become his apprentice, to create a new rule. If you allow yourself to go that way, lets see the devastation affect your other party members. Is there a romance in the game? Well then lets see the effect it has on them. Show the tragedy of the darkside the way it is in the movies. Then on the other hand show us the hard but rewarding path of the Jedi, here we learn from masters and are surrounded by the family of the lightside. Make the difference apparent to the player!!

I guess overall I want a more in-depth gaming experience from Kotor III.

It would be cool if they start KOTORIII with period of before KOTORI, just in time of Mandalorian wars. Revan was in Outer Regions and thats where he saw a, what K3 should be about, threat for not just republic but for lot more than that. So it should be something like pre-post-qual combination of the events where they can put quite good gameplay, I mean they can extract good gameplay. I would like to know more about Revan falling for the dark side and why, what was he affraid of and what pissed him of, you know a usual birth of formerJedi to Sith, something like that.......lol

So that's how I would like to a game to start, go through events of till KOTOR I and then to continue after KOTOR II. Exile is there (before KotorI), so everitning should look ok......

Allthough, Revan never fell to the dark side, and again during the preiod of his dark lord title he was not jedi either.....simply he did things he had to, now, K3 shou;d tell us what is he rendered in to, how does he end all this, if he does.....

Besides everything that has been suggested, I think it would be nice to see more humorous situations, and maybe a few situations where things aren't completely black and white. Also, it would be interesting if each choice had multiple ramifications, affecting later quests, instead of the fate of each planet depending on how you handle a specific main quest in it.

As for Revan and the Exile, it would be nice to see the game centered on them, maybe a bit like Legacy of Kain: Defiance. It would be nice if you could customize both of them completely, choosing their gender, alignment, specific character build, appearance and name. Revan is Revan, of course, but I wonder if he/she wouldn't be traveling using the name given after the memory loss in order to keep a low profile.

Of couse that is true, but also on Taris in K1 you can: choose to stop the sith interrogation or let it go (i.e. Kill the sith or let them kill the prisoner), help the guy who's being bullied by daviks men by the appartments and kill them or let them do thieir business and not, kill all the bounties or try to help them with their problems, and choose to kill the vulkars guarding the swoop enhancer or help them kill gadon and his followers, if you choose to kill the vulkars you can either go back to the sewers and face several more rakghouls or go out the front entrance to face a few vulkars. Just to name a few variables to change how many people you killed and that's just on Taris. The death count could be very different compared to how you play the game.

Maybe repercusions for you actions. You could get away with a lot of murders. Maybe give the autorities a few brain cells and actually realise you're doing it lol. Bounty hunting side quests would be cool too once you become infamous.

The 4 main things I want in Kotor 3 would be more planets (I mean lots of planets, maybe 10). New ships, I'm sort of tired moping around the Ebon Hawk all the time I think you should have a choice of picking a new ship just. A storyline that doesn't intervene with the past 2 prequals (A whole new person with a whole new agenda and can buy his own personal ship and make his own armor and stuff). Finally I would like it that once you beat the game you can keep playing after you beat it. Like you would have minigames and miniquests that you can do, or you can do duties for like the TSF for example.

• 3 weeks later...
More lore. More readable datapads, that you can actually "open" on to their own special display, rather than read in a cramped box in your inventory. Some holovids too. Star Wars lore is awesome, lets learn more...

It would be nice to have some datapads that weren't just shoved somewhere in your inventory. But I don't want it to be like Doom 3 where you have to go through and read each things just to advance and get passwords and such...

I think KOTOR III should start before KI on Coruscant with your character as a young child (or baby). That way you can "create" your own background. Have it skip ahead through the years and show your progress. This would be a great time to bring in K1 & K2 plot points (and tidy up any that seem to bother some individuals out there) and remove the mental wipe crap. I think your character could have several side quests while youngling and then with a master. If done right, these could lead to building your lightsaber, setting up plot points and getting you trained in using whatever new engine LA decides to go with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

That sounds interesting, but I'd also definitely want to see what happened to Revan and the Exile. As for datapads and the like, that suggestion is also nice. More lore means more depth, and going through a huge list of items just to take another look at a datapad can be a bit annoying.

Archived