Home

KOTOR III Wishlist

killerDOTcom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about a total persons/animals killed on a planet? or how about like it was said before: Burn->Scald->Incinerate
Why would we want that? It is a meaningless number in a RPG (and XP reflect much of the same thing). So the dark side guy is going to have more kills that a light side guy. So what? Why would a Jedi want a high kill count? It would just be a meaningless number...

Darth Manus, thanks for comment. Yes, it would be cool to know about Revan & Exile, but why box in their history? Why not keep giving more information here & there so we know they exist, but don't know everything about their travels? I think a third charater would give us a cool view, especially if we start on Coruscant and work our way out.

I also think it would be cool to start the game as a child of Revan & Bastilla (if you choose a male pc) or Revan (m or f pc) & Exile (m or f) or any other combination you can dream up, that is raised at the jedi temple. Two paths from there, ls to save the order/build it or ds, the "first" of the Lost 20 who goes on to help rebuild the Sith, so that it can lead to Darth Bane in another 2900+ years.

And yes, Cygnus Q'ol, I think we all want a 3rd installment, but it depends on the almighty dollar. Does Lucasarts want to invest money in something that may not make money?

On the datapad issue, I agree with ToukanStuart. What about a part of the screen (a far right column, bottom inch of the screen, etc.) that can be scrolled up & down when you get something added to your data pad? It can be hidden when not in use. I think it could spead up the game and make it easier.

Please respond if you have opinions. Thanks.

EDIT: Don't respond - I'm still new. I didn't see the other threads. I apologize for posting on the wrong thread. I will do better next time...

What I really liked about the premise of 'KotOR I' was the oldstyle robes. When it came to KotOR II, I didn't mind the movies style. However, I thought they felt a little out of place timeline wise. I hope they give you a chance to obtain KotOR I style robes in KotOR III.

Yes! Finaly a person who thinks K1 robes gave you a better feel of the

KoTOR era than those from TSL.

1.) More of a challenge

2.) Balancing

3.) More Power over those who follow the PC

4.) intelligent story, of a tension similar to that of the Saw movies

5.) new feats, new powers, new engine, new soundtracks, new abilites, new Npc, new environment,...

I want better graphics, which goes without saying as KOTOR II was light years behind the competition when released.

I want interactive enviroments.

Blaster marks on walls, stuff that breaks when it's lightsabered or blasted.

I want to be able to CUT through doors and walls with my lightsaber, just like the movies.

Allow me to blow holes in walls with my thermal detonators.

The enviroments need to be more lush and detailed and destructable.

How about a physics engine? Cups and bottles that shatter and fall off shelves. Boxes and canisters that break.

Heck - how about pictures on walls? Garbage in the streets?

NPC's that have agendas and behave more along the lines of "Oblivion" NPCs.

People should react to a jedi helping, or a sith hacking someone in half.

I want a more mature game, or at least the option to make it more mature, with (god forbid) blood, and dismemberment. I mean come on??? No arms or heads hacked off? Not a single speck of blood in a game where lightsaber, blaster and melee combat are the norm?

Seriously - I expect at least an arm or two to go flying.

How about FORCE FORMS that actually change you characters stance, attack and defensive moves/animations?

I want FREEDOM in the game. I want to be able to ruthlessly hack someone in half - without having a conversation first. If I want to kill some civilian, for no apparent reason, and be a true sith, then.. I should be allowed to do that.

That's one of the things I loved about Never Winter Nights- you could attack anyone, be as evil as you wanted. The only limit was on plot advancing NPC's. All other meatbags were killable.

I want a LARGER world to explore. Hidden caves should not be right around the corner.

Dump the stupid turret mini game. Swoop racing and pazzak were fun, but the turret on the ship?? Man that was pure cheese.

I want FREEDOM in the game. I want to be able to ruthlessly hack someone in half - without having a conversation first. If I want to kill some civilian, for no apparent reason, and be a true sith, then..
I've never really understood why people want to be able to do this. How does running around indiscriminantly hacking up women and children make someone more of a Sith?

Lord fraybin it looks like u want more of a fps type game and dont get anyone started on that topic.

Well heres what i want

1. freedom to explore ad do other stuff i dont not just want to be forced along the story line kotor 1 let u feel a little more free but kotor 2 just seemed to push u along the story path.

2. better animations like most people seeing the same animation over and over again got boring.

3. More npcs for u to chose from i mean sure u got to chose weather u got mira or hanhar but realy only 1 choice i thought their would be way more.

4. Lightsaber stances that change how u hold your light saber and give different animations like i said seeing the same thing bored me to death.

5. More stuff with different models i dont want to just find the same armor just with a different skin i want to find a new model same with weapons.

6. This might not come ture either but a face customizer so u can choose what u want to look like instead of choose 1 out of 12 or so faces.

7. A better starting place peragus was boring their wasnt any one to talk too besides atton and nothing cool to pick up or to go out of your way to find.

8. better darkside options and for your party members to act evil and not just with u maybe some random dialoge of a party member asking if he or she can kil some one.

9. more side quests that u can find along your way to complete the main quest i realy dont want to have to talk to my party members ten or so times to get the all of the real interesting side quests.

You don't understand why a person would want freedom in an RPG?

Granted, my suggestion was presented in the crudest most primitive sense; indulge me as the ‘point’ is not about being a homicidal maniac.

It’s about allowing the player to ‘role-play’ their characters, however they want.

In real life – every action has a consequence; when an RPG captures that essence, it significantly aids in the suspension of disbelief.

IMHO all NPCs should be ‘killable’, simply because people aren’t immortal and shouldn’t be treated ‘in-game’ as if they are.

Not only does it aid in the immersion factor, but it can significantly alter game play.

Imagine for a moment a fight in a crowded bar; you throw a plasma grenade at your attackers, and the blast accidentally kills an innocent NPC.

Good job there Mr. Jedi. Way to represent…..

Maybe using powerful explosives in a crowded bar isn’t such a good idea??

See it’s not so much that people want to be homicidal, it’s that we want a more immersive gaming experience than KOTOR and TSL tightly scripted and linear experience provided.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed both series, but I would have loved them more had they provided the level of interaction and freedom that series like Fallout 2 or Neverwinter Nights provided.

If anything – the Star Wars franchise should be pushing the boundaries on what ‘can’ actually be done in a game.

Edit: Oh.. and I forgot to mention: MULTIPLAYER for crying out loud!!!

Seriously - playing through Neverwinter with one of my buddies was the best computer RPG experiences of my life.

I would completely FREAK being able to do that in the Star Wars universe.

And meaning no disrespect to fans, but SWG really sucks - IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's, my wishlist.

1.) More,Faces.

2.) Design, your own robe.

3.) Design,your lightsaber hilt

4.) Hear,your npc's responses.

5.) More,platforms to be released on.

6.) More,Bosses to fight.

7.) New,and old party members.

8.) Revan, partime Npc,Exile, partime Npc.

9.) More,damage on Blasters,Lightsabers,and Melee Weapons.

10.) Longer,game time.

Yours Truly,

Revan466

Let's see... How about:

-Actual differences in animation regarding lightsaber forms. When the PC chooses a different form the animation should show him/her/it attack and defend in a different way.

-Actual defence animation! During the PC's or NPC's defense roll, they should actually make a defensive move, more than they did in the first two games, and it should be something more than just dodging to the side or ducking (we're dealing with JEDI here, are we not?). How about a backflip or two (ala Obi-Wan or Luke) or that sideways twist/roll/flip thing that Darth Maul made famous (my favorite!)? :lsduel:

-A little leeway in the romance department so you can woo the NPC of your choice-AND ACTUALLY GET SOME(WHERE)? :naughty:

-A "difficult" setting THAT'S ACTUALLY DIFFICULT? I love that feeling of accomplishment when I slay a challenging opponent!

-How about some good ol' BODY DISMEMBERMENT ala JA?

-How about some INCUDED modding tools this time, so you don't have to be a FRIGGIN' CODE-BREAKING SAVANT (that was a compliment to all you modders out there, in case you were wondering :xp: ) if you want to mod the game?

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Q

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about it, and I thought it would be a cool idea if your robes and your tunic were seperate in KotOR III. You could also wind up wearing a robe over your armor too, and for the more bulky armor they could have you not be able to wear a robe with it. This would also allow you to mix and match your outfit for maximum awesomeness!

I just wanna be able to play dark side without being a thug.

Oh, man, is that the truth. Same goes for both sides of the Force. In both KotOR I and II, you are either so selfless that you'd die to give a poor man fifty credits, or you simply kill people "Because you want to". Why can't you be a manipulative, or actually intelligent Sith for once?

here is my wishlist

1.gore for god sakes and more realistic a lightsaber would go through sword

2.make yur own character like on galaxies and that

3.races to choose from

4. make things harder to find

5.after yu finish game let us continue playing so make more odd jobs

6.mak yur own lightsaber color etc

7.more realistic

i really hope it has most the stuff

I would love a co-op game it woulbe so great what about online fighting & stuff liek tht tht would be so great. Also you know when your in the spcae suit you should walk allot slowr kkotor1 was to lsow but kotor2 is to fast u move faster thn u would with out the suit lol

Note: Cortosis allows swords to block lightsabers.

Changes:

1) Choose your character: Revan, Exile, or a new character.

2) More than two endings.

3) Updates on robes, hoods, and items.

4) Co-op mode

5) More than 3 party members at a time.

6) Variety in the lightsaber strikes (unpredictable)

7) The story "must" follow KOTOR II as if the ORGINAL endings were in the game.

8) Every sub quest should be resolved.

9) Kill many party members (except romance characters and player character)

10) Decaptations and what not but not to a degree where its a GTA

11) The ability to see all of the dark side heads at the start of the game!

12) Count Dooku style lightsaber

13) HK 47 needs to be capable of using lightsabers (part of assassination protocol) maybe 4 like General Grievous

14) Big surprise ending that is not obivious (KOTOR II)

15) Many main quest options instead of one main quest there should be many or many ways to complete it.

16) Choices need to have visible long term effects.

17) Ulimited force (to a degree) and long scale powers

18) Planets should include (Sith Unknown Regions, Taris Restoration Project, Coruscant, and many others.

19) Sith Lords need to have a relation with the main character (Malak and Revan, Luke and Darth Vader)

20) Party members need to be more realistic, if they go dark side due to influence their morals should change too. (e.g. ultimate dark side Disciple will not lose influence for killing someone)

To expand on the better Dark Side options: A Sith should be conniving, a user, a power hungry individual with the ability to do some good acts for selfish motives without taking Light Side points.

Basically, more options similar to [Lie]"Blah-blah-blah."

The idea is that the Sith craves power. Helping one party over another might grant access to people or resources that can be used to insinuate themselves higher in a particular power structure.

Palpatine as the Chancellor is a prime example. Is anyone going to tell me that he started sliding back to the Light Side simply because he did some things to help the republic in order to further his ambition of becoming emperor? Of course not. Even his good acts were motivated by evil.

Just saying there should be a way to do that so you don't have to simply be a donkey's arse to get ahead.

my wishlist for kotor 3:

1. alot more headbands, implants, gloves, belts etc...

2. better character development (tsl had almost none)

3. alot more planets, not necisarily all new ones

4. better character custumization (not just humans, facial features, skin tone)

5. a long sidequest that gives you ultimate armor (ex. a quest involving revan, alowing you to obtain revans equiptment from when he was a sith)

6. no more space/turret battles

7. make rare items like marco ragnos gauntlets more expensive when you try to sell them

Hey, when did I get an account here? Don't remember ever posting before, but I was apparently already registered. Strange...

Anyways, my wishlist:

First, give us companion characters that have internally consistant stats! Very few of the characters in TSL had stats that suited their classes, or eventual Jedi classes. Visas and Atton were especially bad, being classes that really need high INT but being stuck at ten. Disciple was totally unsuited to becoming a Jedi Consular with his low WIS and CHA. Also, someone screwed up by the numbers when setting the starting VP/FP on many of the characters - the Exile at level 2 has half again as many VP and FP as Visas has at level 6, with the same WIS and CON, and the same class. (that's with no toughness feats.) Kreia has a similar problem, only not as pronounced as Visas due to her being three levels lower when you get her. I've been using KSE to rearrange the stats to reflect a more logical approach (Reduce Visas' DEX by two, raise her INT by four and her CHA by 1 (same point total), add 18 skill points to reflect the INT bonus; similar changes for Atton), but if I could make a more permanent change through a mod I'd be plenty happy.

2) More planets - though not neccessarily plot vital. Both games so far inevitably trigger the endgame once you've done all the main quests, which means that the game is still dreadfully linear. Imagine this instead:

Once the game gets going, and you're free to choose your own way, you get four planets to visit in any order. Do the main quest on any two, and it will unlock a fifth planet - which one depends on the combination, so there's a total of four new planets. There's one planet available for unlocking through one of you companion's influence dialogues, and another planet choice unlocked depending on whether you're light or dark. All planets have quests involving all the others. BUT, you can only do a certain number of them before triggering the endgame. (unless you do them in the supersecret semi-mythical "perfect" sequence, which involves lots of going back and forth, in which case you can do them all in the same game). This, of course, neccessitates making the obligatory non-skippable introduction as short as possible so you don't bore people to death from having to replay it the ten times it takes to get all the content....

3) Bring back respawning enemies. Or make evading or disabling an enemy you won't get another chance at killing be worth equal XP. In TSL, surviving meant killing *everything* that could be killed, since using non-violent means of disabling stuff netted two thirds the XP at best. Just turning off the droids on Peragus cost me a level, since I didn't get more than a couple of hundred for doing it and they were worth nearly 2000 if I'd just destroyed them. Unfair to non-combat characters!

4) Please, no more "stuck until you're done" plot devices. TSL had a ton of them - you're shot down three or four times, and need repairs before being able to move on - or a new ship. It got kind of tedious.

SP

4) Please, no more "stuck until you're done" plot devices. TSL had a ton of them - you're shot down three or four times, and need repairs before being able to move on - or a new ship. It got kind of tedious.

SP

Laws, yes! I got so sick of never being able to just come in for a freakin' landing. "Here, go do some gratuitous-plot-related-yet-horribly-coincidental exploring whilst I once again fix the ship, or let's spend another 45 minutes of gaming time getting another ship without actually advancing the plot. I don't know. One shot and my ship's down. I wish my enemies were that easy to disable/destroy... Okay, no I don't, but you get the pic. Sometimes it seems like you're just hanging out with Tom Bombadil rather than moving the story along.

Of course, I loved every minute of it :nut:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what I want story-wise since I know so little about KOTOR 3, but for now...

1. Revan appears near the end as an NPC since he's really needed to wrap the storyline up (maybe have the Exile return too).

2. Most of the previous party members return (except of course Mission, Zaalbar, and Juhani) some with larger roles than others.

3. The player finds a Force Ghost of Kreia somewhere.

4. HK-47 and T3-M4 return in the party.

5. Better influence system. In The Sith Lords, Handmaiden responds well to me helping someone, no matter how dark/light she is. There shouldn't be stuff like that in KOTOR 3.

-A little leeway in the romance department so you can woo the NPC of your choice-AND ACTUALLY GET SOME(WHERE)?

7. Different animations for lightsaber moves (which depend on the form you use).

8. MORE THAN ONE DEATH ANIMATION!

9. Better Star Wars feel with more movie sounds and music (especially music).

That's all I can think of right now.

Archived