Home

KOTOR III Wishlist

killerDOTcom

-The characters from both KOTOR stories also should have more story details to their personal lives.

-More story depth on Bastila, Carth, and their companions.

-Also explaining the story, explaining what happened to Revan and why he chose to leave his companions behind. How Revans companions are dealing with the pain. Explain what happened to the Jedi academy on both sides of the force. (LS/DS)

-Have a decent full-filling ending either a happy ending

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what's been mentioned or even if I've posted.

1: But I want to see an awesome storyline. New Hope was awesome, Empire Strikes back was ok, and Return of the Jedi was again, awesome. I doubt it's too extremely hard to top Kotor2.

2: honest to goodness completly different endings for ls/ds. I dont want the entire game to be exactly the same except for if your DS you take over the universe and LS you save it.

3: interactive terrain. I just threw a grenade at a guy standing next to a building and there's not so much as a crack in the floor.

4: I second...or third, I dont know how many people want it, the idea of being able to kill random people on the "street". This was a great aspect of all the Grand Theft Auto games because it threw in the random element of how much of a nice guy you were and your police record. In Kotor's case, if your LSing it up and you kill random people, aside form darkside points it would give you some kind of bad standing with your party members, the jedi order...and the local police. Dialogue would differ, like with influence, you would have "trust" and after killing alot of random people, your more light-sided party members wouldnt trust you, hence wouldnt talk to you/like you, or have craptacular romances with you. And not killing people would be just the opposite, you help all those poor saps who are getting beat up by thugs and LS points, more trust, cops and jedi order like you, of course, in turn, the sith would hate you more.

5: I want mental light/dark side transitions for my NPCs. Brianna may be way dark-sided, but she still thinks killing people is bad. We need characters who are dark-sided to ACT dark sided, like the emperor in RotS, they will incourage you to kill people, or maybe kill people themselves for no reason, start random fights. If your trying to lightside and your darksided NPC does things you dont like, it will make you try harder to turn them back to the light(and you would HAVE the ability to do this). Going with my want up above, if your dark side and try to kill some hapless guy, your lightsided people may step in and either take the blow or do the old "you gotta go through me first!" either would be great. In addition, I want to be able to darkside it up without half my crew trying to kill me with conscience, or lightside it up and have some hot chick(I'm a guy, if your a girl, you can have a male version) always tempting me and stuff to be less good.

6: A voice would be awesome. May a middle-tone-male, a low male, a high female and a middle-female. That would be enough. They have pretty good voice-synthesizers these days, it would take up a little disk/HD space, but it would be awesome to have, be able to set your tone and pitch, (after picking your gender of course), and then it would play a sample of the voice. Heck, this would even allow for the AI to register and possibly understand you own thoughts. Ever wanted to tell X character to just piss off? Such a system for registering words(built-in dictionary) would be resource/hd space intensive, but fun as all hell.

6: I second/thrid/fourth any and all requests for hoods, capes, and visible gloves, and lightsaber hilt goodies. though they are all very minro on my list.

I agree with a lot of whats already been said, but I wont repeat stuff too much. Here are things that I dont think have been said or have only been said once.

1. Expand even more on the upgrade system. You should be able to upgrade belts and headgear and gloves.

2. Fix the problems in K2s upgrading system where for 80% of the game the best weapons were just the ones you could put upgrades in. I mean when I find Freedon Nadds personal lightsaber I want to actually have it be better than a generic one, but it wasnt because upgrades made a regular one better and Freedon Nadds wasnt upgradeable. The way you fix that is by making everything upgradeable, but have better weapons be able to also have better upgrades. That way, its mildly cool everytime you find a new, slightly better weapon.

3. A 4th combat feat (besides flurry, power attack, and critical strike), one that maybe raises your attack and defense by a lot. It would be good in dealing with really powerful enemies where other feats will end in misses on the attacking end.

4. Make an actually difficult setting for people who want a combat challenge. I usually dont want it to be too hard to first time through cause I am paying attention to the story but once I already know the story I want a harder game to focus more on the combat aspect.

5. Make the droid only weapons not worthless. I mean, to be honest, the only time the droid weapons were worth it was at the very start on Peragus when an Ion Striker took things down in one hit. After that, they were crap.

6. Make single lightsabers worth it. Either make the dueling feats a lot better or make single lightsabers do more damage per hit. That makes sense. If you are using two lightsabers you are attacking using one arm for each. With a single lightsaber you are using the power of both arms to attack. That should mean more damage per hit. It could do maybe a flat +10 extra in damage or something.

7. I want to have hacking into things to do stuff actually give you MORE experience than just running in and hacking things down. You should get the EXP youd get for killing the people AND EXP for using the skill. You should be rewarded for have the skills.

8. Change the mastery bonuses. Dont make them so that you have to be all the way one direction light or dark. Not only does that put neutral at a disadvantage, it also makes you feel like you cant do anything light side as a dark sided player or vice versa in fear of weakening your PC. That puts you on a one track thing in my opinion. You should get a different bonus based on class and general alignment. For instance, if you are a guardian leaning towards DS you could get 1-8 damage, you could get +3 strength if you are LS and rougly neutral should get maybe +5 attack or something.

9. Have there be lighthearted responses again. I remember laughing out loud at a lot of the possible responses in K1 (for instance stuff like, "I am a Hutt in human form"). K2 didnt have those. K3 should.

10. Have planets inhabited mostly by species other than humans. I thought it was interesting to learn about Wookie and Selkath ways and culture when you visited Kashyyk and Manaan in K1. Every planet in K2 was mostly human. There WERE aliens but you didnt learn about how they lived or anything.

11. It is all well and good to have some of your NPCs be able to become Jedi but it makes other NPCs worthless. The speed tree of powers is so effective in combat that non Jedi NPCs became not viable in combat. There needs to be something to counteract that. I mean once Mira and Atton became Jedi, there was no reason to use HK-47 or Mandalore for ranged support becuase theyd get 2 less attacks per round. I dont know how to fix this but maybe feats for non-Jedi that are only available at later levels that are equivalent to speed.

12. A rather straightforward main plot that doesnt involve rather confusing non reality concepts like someone being an echo in the force. Stuff like that is just weird.

13. Bring back the quests for each party member. In K1 Carth had the Dustil quest, Bastila had her mother, Juhani had her slaver guy, Canderous had the guy challenging him to a duel, Misson had the Griff quest, etc etc. There should be optional quests involving things about the NPCs background or just involving them in general. I mean just off the top of my head, here are some things that couldve been in K2. You couldve found some Mandalorians for Mandalore. You couldve had Exchange side quests involving G0-T0 etc etc.

14. More banter between party members when they are together in your party. K1 had it a bit. K2 didnt have it at all.

15. If there needs to be a big planet at the start that you cant get off of until you finish it (like Taris/Telos), dont make it take forever to leave. That hurts replay value.

16. You should be able to do non plot related things for influential groups in the Old Republic Star Wars world. I want to be able to take jobs for Czerka or The Exchange for credits. I want to maybe be involved in smuggling wars between The Exchange and the Hutts. Just suggestions but you get what I mean.

17. I want enemies to actually use force powers. That just didnt happen in K2. It happened some in K1. But it makes combat more interesting. I mean you can have a game plan for combat that involves one person doing ranged combat, one casting buffing powers, and one charging in and hacking people, but if your charging guy gets hit with Insanity you are gonna need to improvise. Or if ive got an attacking consular as a big part of my battle plan I want to have battles where the opposing guy uses force immunity, screwing up what I want to do. Cause otherwise it just gets boring doing the same routine every battle. I wanna HAVE to change it up a bit.

18. You should be part of at least one large scale battle and leading troops (kinda like Onderon at the end of K2 but bigger). It would be awesome to be in command of a lot of guys and have to choose a tactic for success in your battle. An idea would be to have 3 seperate forces of like 15 guys under your command (obviously 15 guys isnt actually a lot but we gotta take game engines into account, so you cant lead really big armies). And then you could tell the leader of each group where to attack and it would be possible to do things like have one group attack one way but just be a red herring for your main attack elsewhere. Sounds complicated but all I am invisioning is the battle on Onderon but with a few different ways to the palace and soldiers actually under your command which provides options on how to approach the battle. I think it would be an appropriate thing to be in a KOTOR game seeing as the supreme tactics of Revan are always mentioned.

19. Better looking combat in general. People have already mentioned this stuff but different lightsaber forms should look different, and they shouldnt use the same animation for every flurry attack or power attack or something. I sorta want things to look like a real duel. You get that kinda if you choose the normal attack option.

20. More local hang out sorta places. Cantinas, pazaak places, hunting lodges. More interesting places like that where you can do miscellaneous stuff.

Alright I could go on and on, but ill be done now.

okay, I'll do my best to distinguish mine from everybody else's

1. Finish creating the game, dont rush it. I'm talking to you Obsidian!

2. Different Lightsaber/Melee attacks. Add a few more, instead of just having Attack/Flurry/Power/Critical

3. Robes and Capes, with attributes to them

4. Better blaster deflect animation

5. Return of some characters, at least Reven, The Exile, and HK-47 (the coolest droid)

6. 3 endings: Good, Evil, AND Neutral. political extremes are for communists and facists

7. Better Melee/Lightsaber animation

8. [i'm not ic, I'm just a loser] Make it rated M. Be able to be much more evil. Like attacking beggars for their sandwich. Or, go on homocidal rampages through densly-populated urban areas.

9. Continue the story

10. Trick out the Ebon Hawk

okay, I'll do my best to distinguish mine from everybody else's

6. 3 endings: Good, Evil, AND Neutral. political extremes are for communists and facists

10. Trick out the Ebon Hawk

how about a "Pimp my Starship" minigame/reality tv show in the game? lol

I like the neutral ending, could be interesting. "and I just fade into the shadows, not doing anything important at all......"

Things I would Like:

1) To Play Revan Again!

Why? Because after painstakingly crushing the republic and re-capturing the StarForge in a pure and rightious effort to free the Republic from the grasp of the Jedi slime I want to know what the hell Revan found so important that he'd abandon everything! Literally I cant think of a single darn thing. All that work and what happens? It all falls apart anyways and what tatters of the Sith are left are lead by wannabe dark jedi (Well, with the exception of maybe Nihilus and Sion)

2) Keep at least Duxn.

Why? Id like to have a story with more than two possible endings (light and dark). Id like to be able to finish reviving the Mandalorian clans, become their appointed leader and then conquer the galaxy as the Mandalorians! Another Bassilisk ride would be nice too.Those things are awsome. I honestly dont know why people complain because the KotoR version of the Bassilisk War Droid is a heck of alot cooler than what people seem to think it looks like (Some robotic animal. Which is actually the Bassilisk War Mount.)

3) More Customization

I definitly like that Idea. Id also like to be able to instead of having feats forced on me during character creation. Id like full freedom in what feats I get from level 1-20. Maybe even make it so we can select our characters race and such.

4) More Armor and Better Headbands

I definitly agree with this too. The headbands were definitly....meh. Id like to see more helmets and masks and such.

Well, thats all I can think of for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I think KOTOR3 should either be an FPS/RPG hybrid ala Vampire: Bloodlines, or a more classic isometric perspective like Baldur's Gate 2. The former will allow for ultimate action, the latter will allow for ultimate tactical play. KOTOR 1 and 2 are somewhere in between and the result is not very good. Fights aren't very stimulating when all you do is chain Force powers and special attacks. I played those games for the story and characters, not for the fights.

Also, I want it to dispense with the corridor approach. If we revisit Dxun, I don't want to go through ravine mazes again, I want to go through an actual jungle. If they could do Far Cry on an XBox they certainly could have done it for KOTOR.

Finally, I want to get rid of lifeless objects being imbued with the Force. The Force should emanate/flow from living things, not from crystals or Sith tombs or robes. That dark side hotspot on Dagobah that Yoda showed to Luke was teeming with creatures, so I figure it was only the life in there that allowed the dark side to take strong root.

1) To Play Revan Again!

Why? Because after painstakingly crushing the republic and re-capturing the StarForge in a pure and rightious effort to free the Republic from the grasp of the Jedi slime I want to know what the hell Revan found so important that he'd abandon everything! Literally I cant think of a single darn thing. All that work and what happens? It all falls apart anyways and what tatters of the Sith are left are lead by wannabe dark jedi (Well, with the exception of maybe Nihilus and Sion)

You don't need to play Revan to get that answer. Of course Revan's unknown fate should be at the core of the game (well, at least I think so), but given that you always begin these games at level 1, I'd rather play a new character who learns of and perhaps meets Revan than having Revan lose his memories again and begin over AGAIN!

Besides, you seem to presume a DS Revan, which is always a no-no. Not that the way you played is "wrong", no matter whether canon says Revan is LSM or not (and it does). But regardless, the plot of K2 must work for all the possible paths Revan could take in K1 (LSM, LSF, DSM, or DSF). For example, I prefer a LSM Revan as a major character on the jedi council or whatever, but it's not possible because Revan could have been evil. No matter what, the story must fit for both good and evil Revan. Enter the true Sith...

2) Keep at least Duxn.

Why? Id like to have a story with more than two possible endings (light and dark). Id like to be able to finish reviving the Mandalorian clans, become their appointed leader and then conquer the galaxy as the Mandalorians! Another Bassilisk ride would be nice too.Those things are awsome. I honestly dont know why people complain because the KotoR version of the Bassilisk War Droid is a heck of alot cooler than what people seem to think it looks like (Some robotic animal. Which is actually the Bassilisk War Mount.)

Rather than go into why, I shall simply quote from K2:

HK-47: "Statement: Why, your own life, master. Your single life changed the face of the galaxy, of history itself.Malachor V was an impressive act of destruction, but its impact on the lives of others in the galaxy was far more extreme.I mean, master, you brought about the death of the Mandalorian race. I doubt they realize it yet, but you dealt them a blow from which they will never recover."

Kreia (if asked about the future of the Mandalorians at the end of the game): "They will die a death that will last millennia, until all that remains is their code, their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi."

Alrighty peeps, my K3 wishlist:

1. Different combat system. The current one, while the saber moves still look sweet, are very limited. If we could actually have more freedom of movement sort of thing, the combat would be vastly improved.

2. Maps. NO MORE CORRIDORS! ‘Nuff said.

3. Graphics. Okay, so they are going to be much improved, I’ll make a small list of improvements I would like to see. Firstly, more maimed corpses, as seen in JA. Also, I’d like blaster scoring to affect the environment, not just grenades and mines. I read in the newspaper about a much cheaper and more realistic looking facial graphics system now being employed, and I would like to see that.

4. More interactive environment. Pushing blades of grass aside on Dantooine is a neat touch and all, but it kills fps. I would like to see the environment interact to you more without killing the frames, eg. Small animals skittering into the bushes in your presence, more shadowing, more convincing water graphics, etc.

5. More complex alignment dialogues. It’s really stupid how darksiders just say “time to die” over and over again, when a true fall to the dark side is much more complex (Anakin trying to protect Padme,

Jacen trying to save Luke from his visions

) It’s a lot more complex, and I think the storywriters should treat it that way.

6. Music. Alright, it’s great and all how entirely new scores are being made for KotOR, but the fact that the only score from the movies was the force theme, and it was only played in the Taris apartment and in the Rakata temple kind of pissed me off. I want more song references to the movies!

7. More PC skins. Being a blonde male, I was disappointed to see, in both versions of KotOR, that there was only one blonde male skin, neither of which looked a thing like me. Others, such as brown haired and dark-skinned skins, got a lot more attention and different skins. Black and Red hair also received minimal attention.

dntab

I'm still thinking about this one (and may edit/truncate the post later), and I agree with much of what has already been said. At least a couple things on my mind:

1. Consequences for theft: to cut down on wanton container looting -- either someone calls you on it more often (like the man who interrupts you on TSL Citadel), or you take local law faction hits or crime faction bonuses.

2. Force power friendly fire, more responsive party members, and more realistic party member switchouts -- I really admire a game like SW: Republic Commando because of the party AI and the wealth of banter while sweeping through areas and engaging the enemy. The few generic combat cries in KotOR get old really fast. As for switching out party members, I was thinking that using a comlink would be more realistic.

3. A greater number of recruitable party members to fill a limited number of slots. I don't mind having a few forced party members who are involved with the main story, but I think replay value is greatly enhanced by a variety of allies with their own side-quests and relationship dynamics wrt other party members (maybe a certain pair would hook up, or another pair would fight). If party members are killed, you can go back to recruit one of the extras.

4. Storywise, I can't help but want certain characters to return -- Carth, Canderous, Atton; Bastila (I don't care for her all that much, but she is simply a vital figure as a surviving old-order Jedi and was inexplicably absent for too much of TSL). When Bastila mentions that she doesn't think she can wait much longer for Revan's return, it seems to invite a K3 storyline in which she does go into the Unknown Regions with a crew of adventurers (Carth as an admiral makes it difficult to figure him into a small crew, though :cry6: ).

5. Alignment options, particularly DS, should be more subtle, there should be more gray areas. Something I liked about TSL was the idea Kreia introduced, that sometimes a blindly generous gesture can lead to regrettable consequences -- right after that dialogue, that dude shows up to reclaim the Ebon Hawk, and no matter how you play it, he ends up dead. I think that there should be options where you can take a neutral or muddy choice and end up better off than if you'd taken a more absolute route. And the game should not be so heavily geared towards LS points rewarded -- or there should only be fractional gains, say, if you give T3 a compliment, jeez.

6. Character creation: if it were simple to incorporate a more complex system like in Oblivion or even SW Galaxies, I'd be all for it. But that's not essential. I *would* prefer, however, to be able to customize the hairstyles or head gear to a certain extent. In many cases I'd like a certain face but prefer the hairstyle from another head... The male heads really ought to be more attractive/appealing, as well.

I also think the light vs dark issue should be distanced a little from the classic good vs evil. The dark side isn't essentially evil, though amplified anger and hate does make a man more prone to evil. A darksider could actually be a hero, though his inner darkness is a serious liability (as Revan found out to his detriment). Likewise, the light side of the Force isn't essentially good, but simply the absence of darkness, though people who suppress their anger and hatred will . Heroism, altruism and sacrifice a Jedi values, not aspects of the Light side. A Jedi who forgives someone for cutting off his arm should get a LS point for letting go of his anger and hatred, even though he has the right to (and arguably should on principle) arrest his attacker so that he may be tried and punished.

^^^^

There we disagree. Star Wars is very much a morality play strongly rooted in the struggle between good and evil, where jedi=good and sith=evil. There can be nuances, like the masters in TSL, who are a bit too arrogant, or where Kreia is not "evil for evil's sake" despite being sith, but the categories are still pretty sharply divided, even in TSL, where the masters have "fallen" from being jedi because of their arrogance, and Kreia is still evil, since she is willing to manipulate and sacrifice others to further her own agenda.

And as for being good in spite of being dark sided, all the cases I can think of demonstrate the exact opposite - you cannot wield the dark side as a weapon without being corrupted by it. The dark side is like the one ring in LOTR. I think Elrond put it best: "The ring is evil. To wield it, you would have to become evil!" The dark side is like that. Just as Boromir and Denethor tried to wield the ring for doing good only to have their efforts turn to evil, so the dark side corrupts those who try to use it for a benevolent purpose. It certainly happened for Ulic Qel-Droma. It happened to Revan, who meant to save the republic. And it very nearly happened for Luke Skywalker too.

-More planets. I've only played TSL, and they only have 7 planets. I wish they had about 20. Maybe I'm asking too much, but just my opinion.

-Bigger maps. The maps were kind of small and you weren't able to explore much. You had to stick to where you needed to go. In some games, there are some parts where you never even need to go to.

-Acrobatic fighting! I would enjoy doing more flashy moves. Not too many, but just a few here and there.

-I'd like an interactive enviroment too. Being able climb up a tower and jumping off without losing all your health (that is, if the character is a jedi) would be cool.

-Customizable character. In TSL, all you could do was change their clothes and their portrait. You should be able to customize skin tone, facial properties, and other stuff.

-Customization of your lightsaber form. Maybe you could be weird and combine some lightsaber forms to make the "Player Name" lightsaber form.

It doesn't matter if these features are in KotOR III, I'm still going to get it.

okay here it goes.

1. Coruscant

2 corellia

3.Custom ship i like the hawk but hey it's gotta go

4.hoods up

5.solider, scout, and scoungel classes then be a jedi

6.huge planets

7. Be a jedi on the first huge planet

8.better starting clothes

9. Generic blasters i mean who woundn't want a HX-38 repeater

10. more coustmizaiin

11.better cantinas

12.bounty hunter quests like the genohardan where you get credits and stuff

13.new people i 'll take a fett for my mandlorian

14.capital ships that you can explore

As much as I'd like to see an end to the Revan/Exile story, I'd rather see a double sided story focused on the Mandalorian wars. Say through the eyes of Revan and the exile or maybe even through the eyes of the soldiers that fought for/with them. Or maybe Expansions for both KotOR I and TSL telling the story of the wars through both of their eyes. As far as added features, 3 things come to mind.

1.) Something similar to Neverwinter Nights' Aurora Toolset. I want to make my own 'campaigns' with a full featured mod development system that is actively supported by the games developers.

2.) Customization. (Doesn't that pretty much cover it?) I want to be able to look at my character and see myself, or atleast, someone created by me. I want a character I can relate to as opposed to a predefined role.

3.) A more involved (dare I say, open ended) storyline. Give me more control over the flow of the story. I'm sure their ideas will be great but atleast let me enjoy the game. Help me feel that my money was well spent.

These are not to take ANYTHING away from KotOR I or TSL because quite frankly I love them both and I'd personally like to see LA go into this style of game more often. Yea FPS / Action/Adventure games are fine for the masses but some of us aren't simply satisfied by those games. I've got JK II and Jedi Academy and I've yet to finish either of them. I don't feel the hook, I don't see myself in those shoes. Come on Lucas, Give us a full featured, open ended, easily modifiable, RPG that all Star Wars / RPG fans can enjoy!

As much as I'd like to see an end to the Revan/Exile story, I'd rather see a double sided story focused on the Mandalorian wars. Say through the eyes of Revan and the exile or maybe even through the eyes of the soldiers that fought for/with them.

Fair enough, but that wouldn't be KotOR3, now would it. I also have my doubts about how it would work as an RPG, when you already know how the whole thing must turn out. I've heard suggestions of an RTS game based on the Mandalorian Wars, and I still think that would be far more suitable to cover something, the plot of which is already decided upon. To play an RPG where you know the end from the start of the game would make the whole experience rather redundant. Besides, if you're Revan or Exile in the Mandalorian Wars, then you should command ships in battle and troops on the group, and neither KotOR nor TSL really lets you do that.

3.) A more involved (dare I say, open ended) storyline. Give me more control over the flow of the story.

That's unlikely. Open ended games are a developer's nightmare, and if you want a compelling and involved story with multiple outcomes in there too, then it becomes practically impossible. After all, if you make six different endings for a game, then that's a lot of work, where most players will get to see only a sixth of your work, i.e., waste of resources. That could change in the future, but I don't see it happening in the next couple of years.

- I'd like to see more side missions

- more selectible characters

- alot more planets like Sullust, Mon Calamari, Coruscant, and others and someother planets that are interesting.

- be able to continue after you beat the game.

- more side quests

- easier pazaak

- better swoop racing then like in TSL.

- if you have the ebon hawk sill, then maybe their should be more compartments and available things on their.

- make you own lightsaber design.

- huge maps for better game play.

- maybe see the mandalorians allie themselves with the republic.

- more bounty quests

Archived