Home

Useless Frigates

Cheeseinator

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free For All? sounds fun. I actually thought about a "Mos Eisly street brawl" scenario. Where instead of picking armies you just spawn as a random alien scum on mos eisly, then run around killing anyone and everyone with whatever weapons you can find...

Back on topic, not sure how it would work in space though, would everyone be enemies but still spawn on one capital ship or somthing? It would be total chaos with everyone flying around shooting everyone down...

I think he means that each player would get their own capital ship.

I kid. I think a free-for-all mode would work only on ground maps, seeing as there really aren't any places to hide in space. And even if it was a dogfight FFA mode instead, you probably wouldn't last more than two minutes.

That would be cool. Maybe if you had a 16 player brawl, each player having their own flagship in an elim ination, last man standing type scenario. What would you do? stay and defend or go on the offensive? with AI that cant seem to determine friend or foe in sapce, that would be a crazy matchtype.

i like it.

Free For All? sounds fun. I actually thought about a "Mos Eisly street brawl" scenario. Where instead of picking armies you just spawn as a random alien scum on mos eisly, then run around killing anyone and everyone with whatever weapons you can find..

Yeah trandoshans for everyone.

Oh, and put that Correlian wiskey on my tab

Would people really want a free-for-all game mode? I have a plan in my mind on how to make such a game type, but I've been working on other things (script API documentation).

You might be able to change the frigates into fighters. The first step would be to take an existing fighter, and point its mesh files over to the frigate. You would then need to adjuest where the weapons fire from. I don't think you can get auto-turrets to move around. They would have to be dropped.

Would people really want a free-for-all game mode? I have a plan in my mind on how to make such a game type, but I've been working on other things (script API documentation).

You might be able to change the frigates into fighters. The first step would be to take an existing fighter, and point its mesh files over to the frigate. You would then need to adjuest where the weapons fire from. I don't think you can get auto-turrets to move around. They would have to be dropped.

If course, we would want a FFA mode. But, this ain't the place to talk about it.

Yeah, I think they should change frigates to fighters too. But, they could still be there...the turrets. Like if you could fit a few pilots with you and change them to normal turrets.

Yes, I call Capital Ships "Cap ships". Y'know, the same way Twin Ion Engines are called "Those POS fighters the Empire have". I know they fly in space. But considering the size of the other frigates besides the Rebel one, they ain't pulling off any stunts!

Just treat them like capital vessals and just "plot a course".

Anyway, this isn't worth arguing about to be honest.

---------------------------------------------------------

As for a free-for-all-mode. I have the feeling that BF was too close to it already. At least the AI will be good at killing everyone though.

Yes, I call Capital Ships "Cap ships". Y'know, the same way Twin Ion Engines are called "Those POS fighters the Empire have". I know they fly in space. But considering the size of the other frigates besides the Rebel one, they ain't pulling off any stunts!

Just treat them like capital vessals and just "plot a course".

Anyway, this isn't worth arguing about to be honest.

---------------------------------------------------------

As for a free-for-all-mode. I have the feeling that BF was too close to it already. At least the AI will be good at killing everyone though.

No doubt. I like how you referred to the TIE's. Yeah, they are a POS.

slightly off topic i think...

but wouldnt it be cool if after sabotaging a capital ship inside (destroying internal systems) a countdown started that would signal the destruction of the ship... massive explosion that leaves just enough time to make a stereotypicaly close call stylish escape in a handily place tiefighter etc. like, 20 seconds until the ship is blown up in a spectacular explosion that destroys anything within a particular radius... how cool would that be? maybe this should of gone in the SWBF3 wishlist... wait a min.. no! you could do this in the frigates! thats related!

it would still be pretty cool though. i dunno about the lifespan thing. i prefer to stay alive throughout the match... it means less medals but it is more challenging. maybe im being a complete retard here, but what does cuss mean?...

I enjoy attempting to survive a whole match, it's pretty challenging especially since battlefront is basicly the kind of game where it's almost guarnteed you'll die several times. The trick is doing somthing worthwhile before your blown away. It's what happens when you play a game as the nameless cannon fodder instead of the main characters.

Now I like the idea of the capital ship 'sploding. If your going to have destructable capital ships, you've gotta have a classy explosion. With the typical trying to fly away before you get caught in the blast, and trying to escape (even if, in the whole scheme of the battle, it doesn't really matter.) before the whole thing goes up in smoke. Only to be caught in the blast just as you make it out of the hanger.

Venom, I'm referring to the point that Battlefront is not one of those games where you're not punished for dying.

Oh yeah and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cussing should help learn to respect Battlefront the way it's meant to be played. :p

------------------------------------------

Android, it'd be funny at the very least. If the space levels were sub-atmospheric, then at least the ship would crash into the ground battle. It'd make me laugh to see an enemy cap ship crash into an enemy attack line (Geonosis comes to mind with those ships being shot down, but Coruscant would be a blast!)

Now I like the idea of the capital ship 'sploding. If your going to have destructable capital ships, you've gotta have a classy explosion. With the typical trying to fly away before you get caught in the blast, and trying to escape (even if, in the whole scheme of the battle, it doesn't really matter.) before the whole thing goes up in smoke. Only to be caught in the blast just as you make it out of the hanger.

Escape?

Well, would be wise to stay behind, hopefully getting a few more kills with them explosives while your enemy is trying to fly out. Sure you would die, but you cause more carnage, and thats all good.

Blood for the Blood God!! :3

Archived