Home

New Weapons/Feats/Armour/Robes/Force Powers

Diego Varen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sniper rifle is a different sort of weapon that offers its own combination of pros and cons, thats why. It would give the ability to shoot from great distances with powerful shots (which would go well with the Sniper Shot feat) but would have a minimum range and a slow rate of fire.

Something I would like to see is a new force power based off the second level of Force Push - the force cyclone thingy. Never felt like it fitted there, and it would be nice to see it by itself.

Sniper Rifle.. blasterrifles already have a good range, if you want to have even more range, then a better AI would be required imo. (that would be required even without sniper). Also you should be able to target the enemys from a greater distance then, which currently isn't possible. But is there really a use of sniper rifles? From my expierence KOtor series tends to be in corridors, rooms, not in open wide areas.

These are my ideas:

weapons:

I like the idea of a count dooku style lightsaber but i would love to have one where you could ajust the hilt make it weirder or cooler.

Not so sure on the sniper rifle but like the rocket launcher, maybe it could be a bit more bloody (people get blown to bits, just an idea)

Armour:

i would like to have like a personal armour were you could change the colour and make it look different.

Plus i like the idea if you could get like revans robes, maybe you could (if you were evil enough) get sions pants and the one arm glove, thats very cool.

Robes:

i would like it if you had a hood on it that you could put it up and down anytime you want.

Feats:

not so sure about feats.

powers:

love the sion's regeneration kind of power, it should be dark side though. also there could be a power were you could send out a couple of lightsabers out to fight like darth trayas.

Dunno if there any good, lol :lsduel:

Robe suggestions - don't like any of them, it would be better to restore the KoTOR 1 style Jedi robes, I mean it's 4000 years before the time from the movies, the Jedi couldn't have been wearing the same type of robes all that time.

igyman, why do you hate TSL's robes so much? Robes are robes, and they look the same no matter what era of time you are in. For example, look at the Mid-East. Some are still wearing attire that looks the exact same as it did thousands of years ago. The robes in K1 were nothing more than tunics... that's the thing worn under the cloak. When the two are worn together, they become robes. I find it hard to believe that the Jedi in the KotOR era were so ill-advanced that simple cloaks were beyond their technological abilities. Plus, if you were ever to read or seen any comics, books, or illustrations from before, during, and soon after that era, Jedi and Sith like did - in fact - wear robes. The only reason you do not see them, but only tunics instead, was because of the game engine's present lack of ability to have robes.

I don't hate the TSL robes, I simply think that the robes from KoTOR 1 give the era in which the game is happening some authenticity and because of that I think it was a stupid idea to change the Jedi robes so completely in TSL.

I've already said that the TSL robes look cooler than those from K1 and that maybe the best idea is to make completely new Jedi robes for KoTOR 3, or that darth_traya's idea of separating the cloaks from the robes in the equip screen, that way everyone would be satisfied.

Unfortunately, I didn't read any SW comic, or book - I don't think they are even being sold in my country.

Well, my only point is that they did wear robes back then. Robes are a generic type of clothing that just simply does not change over time. Atleast...they don't change that much. A robe is a robe is a robe. For example;

Here are three Jedi Knights addressing the Dantooine Council (Duron, Shaela, and Guun Han) in robes...

Jediassembly.JPG

Bastila in traditional Jedi robes...

13.jpg

There are many more pictures that point to the ancient Jedi and Sith wearing much the same robes worn in the Prequel era. But again, robes are a mundane and - for the most part - unchaning style of dress. It's not all that surprising to me. I just don't get it, I guess.

But yes, I do agree that the option to equip either a Jedi Tunic or Jedi Robe would be a great idea. I'm all for it. That way those who like K1's style better can have their tunics, and those who like k2's style better with have their robes. Also, both these sets of clothings need more skins and retexturing. Constumizable, even? That would be nice.

One hand glove: For style.

Yeah like Michael jackson?

We could use the faction armor. In the past games this was a bit of an oversight and well, I'm suprise it wasn't in.

Robes: We just need more.

masks: Would be good but not before they fix the crappy headgear .

One hand glove: See above

Blindfold: Yeah maybe this could heighten your connection to the force in exchange for for some awareness.

Something I would like to see is a new force power based off the second level of Force Push - the force cyclone thingy. Never felt like it fitted there, and it would be nice to see it by itself.

Weapons: I'm happy with a good variety as long as they have really cool lightsabers. I didn't use even half of the weapons in K1, let alone all the weapons + upgrades in K2, so I don't feel the need for there to be a bunch more weapon types in K3, either.

Feats: Maybe a 'concentration' feat that applies bonuses to other feats or skills but can't be used while in battle/running/other places where you can't concentrate well. It'd be sort of a combo of empathy and gearhead or something along that line--I haven't thought out that one fully yet.

Armor: I'd like the option of some headbands with good powers that don't obscure the face. No matter how cool I think a mask looks, it drives me crazy when I can't see what the characters are saying because of the mask.

Robes: I like hooded robes, too, and the idea of putting the hood up or down. Otherwise, I'm generally OK with what we have, though some more colors might be nice.

Force powers: I'm all for Force Tornado myself--a souped up Force Whirlwind (in addition to Force Wave) like Darth Windu mentions above (I'm also betting jimbofett66 is going to say something here about my fascination with tornadoes, too! :) )

I like RobQel-Droma's Droid heal/repair power, too.

I just had the funny thought based upon the whole listening and the Kreia/Exile connection. I know everyone is familiar with Force bonds. What about an option that allows for the same kind of effect but with a specific person that you could train. It's the force chain feat or something like that but you have the ability to connect with an NPC if you were to train them. I don't know. I just thought of it.

For Force Powers I would like to see more offensive force powers for light side users, theres Stasis Field, Destroy Droid, maybe you could classify Valor since it ups everything......Maybe, and in TSL we got Confuse Mind. To me most of the light side powers seem more defensive then anything else like the heal, aura etc. I know that of course Sith powers are suppose to be mostly offensive but still I would like to see Jedi with more offensive powers and maybe have dark side users get a defensive power or two.

Another thing I would like to see with the Force powers would be that you can still use say Force Push when you've gotten Force Wave, I know that If you don't control a jedi character and they have force wave and you switch back to them in the middle of the fight you can see that they might be using the push or whirlwind. I just think it would be nice if you againts one person just to push them instead of a Wave..............sometimes anyway.

I think they should either cut down the two weapon feat or improve dueling. It's just unbalanced right now. There are to many people using two weapons anyhow.

It should be impossible to equip other than "balanced" weapons in the off hand and there should be less of them and of smaller size. The short lightsaber for example should become a light dagger...

Oh and give me light wip!

Actually, I've read many, many, guides that have shown how a single-wielding character can become very powerful. The attack bonus is greater, and when you have Master Speed and Master Flurry the single saber comes out just on top, or something like that.

And no, no "only balanced weapons." That just doesn't make any sense, and would extremely restrict the player.

I don't hate the TSL robes, I simply think that the robes from KoTOR 1 give the era in which the game is happening some authenticity and because of that I think it was a stupid idea to change the Jedi robes so completely in TSL.

Perhaps they could have a combo. Instead of the overlapping look of the Jedi tunic in TSL, it could just be the K1 tunic with a robe. Like Master Dakari's pic of Duron, Shaela, and Guun; if you notice, the Council members are wearing K1 robes. I could be that those three are wearing the same exact thing, just with a cloak over them.

For the padawan robes, you would just have the thin tunic and pants. And thanks for refreshing my memory on my idea, JM12, I didn't include that. Robes would have their own style depending on which Academy they came from, Sith included (explaining the difference in Sith clothes). Telos Academy robes would be a little thicker for the cold climate, like a Jedi version of Brianna's robes (might even have a white robe). Dantooine robes would also reflect the enviroment.

Yeah, that's something I would like. They don't necessarily have to be K1 robes with cloaks, but just don't make them look the same as those robes from the movies.

And the different academy - different robe is also one of the better ideas I've read so far.

Actually, I've read many, many, guides that have shown how a single-wielding character can become very powerful.

They can become powerful but not as powerful as two-weapon-fighters.

The attack bonus is greater, and when you have Master Speed and Master Flurry the single saber comes out just on top, or something like that.

It strongly depends on the attack rating of the pc and the defense rating of the opponent. For combat based PCs there's only one reason to go with a single saber: It's like it is meant to be.

And no, no "only balanced weapons." That just doesn't make any sense, and would extremely restrict the player.

Well, excuse me if I see things differently. IMHO Kotor would do good with a few more restrictions and this one isn't even a big one and far from extremely restricting the player.

What was that Darkside Force power on the original Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II) called?

The one where you basically throw a fireball at your enemy. I think it was called "Force Destruction" (correct me if I'm wrong). Now that, would be awesome.

Subsequent levels could have a more explosive impact, indirectly affecting enemies near the one you targeted, and the final stage could be an even larger fireball - enabling more enemies to receive direct damage rather than all-but-one receiving indirect damage, and also with an even larger explosion.

The targeted one(s) would always receive the most damage, and the subsequent victims would receive slightly reduced indirect damage who were caught in the expanding blast, and the farthest enemies could receive "shockwave"/after-effect like damage.

• 2 weeks later...

1.Force pull(unarm enermys and get there weapon)

2.multi choke(choke many enermys)

3.capes!

4.new saber hilts

5.trayers drain(make a hollow thingey in the force)

6.hood up or down

7.more featuers

8.new styles(learn revans master style)

9.more 1 hit kill moves(crush)

10.decapatate(chop there head off)

11.RAGE

12.better force persuade

and some more stuff id also like 2 see like a way 2 turn people against there enermys without tlking to them so like force controle

and maybe some like powerful attacks

id also like 2 see like a way 2 turn people against there enermys without tlking to them so like force controle

You can already do that (albeit only with 1 enemy at a time) in TSL. It's the force power at the bottom of the list (in the force power level up screen) and it's called "Force Confusion" (it's the subsequent second level after the "Mind Trick" power - which 'destracts' an enemy for 30 seconds, so they won't recognise you as a target during that time). They can save against both of these powers however - so it is not guaranteed.

It's not particularly useful, but it is fun (and funny) to use.

Archived