Home

hey give me a hint for defense on duelling

kobem

You are quite right Master, dexterity increases your overall defense rating and allows you to take more damage.

But, if you want to be effective with a lightsaber, strength is the best attribute. Certain crystals, clothing, and armour all can aid you in becomming a great duelist. Good luck.

Also, don't underestimate constitution.

Being able to stay alive long enough to defeat your enemies is quite essential. :)

But' date=' if you want to be effective with a lightsaber, strength is the best attribute.[/quote']

If someone has low strength but high dexterity, they should get the "lightsaber finesse" feat, which allows them to use dexterity instead of strength.

A person with high strength and low dexterity should just get the armor that provides the best protection, if they plan to use a lightsaber.

There are some upgrade items for lightsabers that increase your defense rating. If you have a good repair skill and lots of neat but worthless stuff, break down some items and use them to make upgrades.

If someone has low strength but high dexterity, they should get the "lightsaber finesse" feat, which allows them to use dexterity instead of strength.
Can't stress that enough. To me it makes the most sense and turns dexterity into the must-have attribute.

For me dexterity along with charisma and wisdom is the most important attribute. A dexterity based lightsaber wielder hits just as often as a strenght based one, but he got WAY more defense.

However with the your name crystal and certain equibment you can still achieve a pretty high strength, so your damage won't be too bad either.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this might not be an issue for you now, but if you have a decent saber, Master Speed + Master Flurry = 4 hits in one round. With a strong double-blade, that's enough to kill your average mooks and a lot of bosses in one round of combat.

I've found it a lot more fun to go as a sith lord, though. Now in big fights, I prefer to hit with plague, crush opposition, then force wave.

That puts them down, usually stunned, and with seriously gimped stats. Then just force choke.

It's an unusually gratifying thing to force choke a jedi master to death. The only thing this strategy hasn't worked on for me so far has been the

vision of Revan in the cave on Korriban

. Even though plague is supposed to always sink, he can somehow beat the DC 100.

It's not defense in the pure sense, but just like the master flurry thing, the idea is if you can control the fight, you don't have to worry about what happens when you get hit.

Archived