Home

Iridonian vs Zabrak

zadi

I never did really understand why they refer to Bao-Dur as both Zabrak and Iridonian. Are those really the same thing or is it like more like saying, Revan is human (species) but not an (no kidding) an Earthling (planet)? So Bao-Dur is a Iridonian Zabrak vs another type (planet) Zabrak?

As I understand it Iridonia is the original homeworld of the Zabrak race. However it appears that the Zabrak have colonized many worlds in the SW galaxy and so many Zabrak are born on worlds other than Iridonia. So I believe an Iridonian Zabrak is one who was actually born on the Zabrak homeworld. I assume that Bao-Dur was born on Iridonia and that's why they call him both an Iridonian and a Zabrak.

Sometimes it's the horn patterns that mean the planet, but Iridonian means Zabrak.

Well, we don't know, cause some Iridonian we met are in a huge helmet.

Well, you can have Corellian Zarbrak, for those Zabrak who lived generations on Corellian.

Like wise, you can have Iridonian Twi'Leks, or Naboo Duros, or the like. As long as the environments are not being too different these things are bond to happen (please don't start doing something silly like Rylothian Gungans, or Hothian Tuskens).

It's like saying I'm Human (Zabrak) and an American (Iridonian). One is my species the other my nationality.

He's got it mostly right. Zabrak is Bao-dur's species, but Iridonian is his nationality. Or the species has more than one name, as Zabraks originated on Iridonia.

He's got it mostly right. Zabrak is Bao-dur's species, but Iridonian is his nationality. Or the species has more than one name, as Zabraks originated on Iridonia.

She. ;) And isn't that ^ what I said. :)

About the Zabraks in helmets thing, those aren't Zabraks those are Iridorians. Different species.

I suppose there is just some manner of significance to being from Iridonia, i guess Zabrak are the vast majority there

It's probably there original planet. You know like how Twi'leks are from Ryloth, Rodian are from Rodia, Devaronians from Devar (or is it Devaron?) etc.

Archived