Home

Dvd or cd

Doomgiver3

I just got my versions yesterday (one of each). Both are standard CD, no DVD. The collector's edition is 3 CDs - 2 for the game, 1 for extras. If there is a DVD version, they didn't give us one.

dam that sucks, I was really hoping for a DVD in the collectors edition. How did u alrdy get the game?

well they help program,design it etc, am sure they have been testing this sucker for over 6months, and already have the version that went gold on thier PCs, so just to have the CD/DVD of the public release in there hand wouldnt be all that of a big deal. SInce they have been playin it to death before it went gold.

Hopefully with the CD version they don't just cram all the discs into a single spindle like they did the CD version of SWBF2. That was just lazy (not to mention riskier for damage of the discs since they are touching each other while in long-term storage and shipment).

After all, they do produce a wide array of Amray cases with flip style "pages" to protect multiple discs. Some insane ones that hold up to 6 or 8 too I think, and aren't super thick...

While I can see the convenience of a single DVD for installation or storage and that makes it easier to copy, there's also the coolness of more surfaces for disc art. ;)

Archived