Home

lousy localisation?

lightsaber

In Germany alot of people already received their copy of EaW... well that’s the good part of the story... the sad part is that the German localisation is lousy... Vader sounds not all like him... and even worse... he doesn't sounds evil at all :mad:

Please Lucas, Activision, or Petro pleeeeeeease make the English-Sound file available for download... this destroys the atmosphere of the whole game otherwise...

For those of you who would like to listen to a small sample of this find a trailer of Gamestar.de. They quickly show the CE of EaW and at the end of the trailer you see Vader ingame talking in German.... *vomit*

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/strategie/31504/

Die Stimmenklänge von Vader mögen einen Schwächling.

Ja, nicht gute.

Yes, not good. Vader's voice is like a weakling.

The english.meg can be decompiled and made to work with the German version, but it is a big download. I do not know if it is legal to allow. I do not see any problem doing it, aber i am not the publisher.

Maybe extract the Vader spreche and place outside to override the main, it would be much smaller file.

Petro or Lucas, could you please make the English-Voice file available for download... just sitting in front of my German copy and I could cry how they killed the spirit of SW with this lousy voice-cast... pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Well, at first I thought I could install EAW using a different language (englisch) ... hm, please make the english voices available :)

Archived