Home

Official Petroglyph "Need to fix" Thread - 1.02 Patch Released

Darth_Torpid-PG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay on topic people!

Do not ask/complain about things that are not in the game. This thread is for any TRUE problems with what is in the game at this time. Thank you.

very well how's this: The multiplayer issue is THE most important one right now. Currently people get disconnected from the server, when you do get in a game room there are problems selecting your side because it switches back and forth on its own, the loading of the actual mp game takes too long so people just leave before the game starts, and too many people don't realize that they need their upnp enabled on their computer.

last night, i was playing E@W in the single player Empire Campaign. on the second mission, i was close to getting to the Rebel Base whenever the game freezed on me without crashing to the desktop or getting an error message on screen.

being blessed with two monitors, i opened up the task manager on the other monitor and found that there were two E@W icons in the task bar. one was the game .exe, and the other was titled 'Exception'. i tried clicking on the exception window to get info, but it crashed Windows on me (which is a bit odd since Windows is very stable on my system).

and too many people don't realize that they need their upnp enabled on their computer.

Turning upnp on does absolutly nothing, in fact before i turned it on i was playing a Multiplayer game. Then i got the issue and havnt been ablr to play, and messing with the upnp hasnt herlped a single bit.

very well how's this: The multiplayer issue is THE most important one right now. Currently people get disconnected from the server, when you do get in a game room there are problems selecting your side because it switches back and forth on its own, the loading of the actual mp game takes too long so people just leave before the game starts, and too many people don't realize that they need their upnp enabled on their computer.

It's not the UPnP, I disabled it in the multiplayer options and still get the disconnection issue.

I posted this in the tech section, but it is a bug and maybe needs to be mentioned here-

The Collector's Ed CD-ROM read my Nvidia 6800 card and applied a 75mhz default monitor to my video settings. The first 2 logo screens show correctly, but after that the graphics go crazy...)

It took a while to fix this, I ended up making my desktop 640x480 which allowed me to see the game for some reason, and then I went back into the game and found the video button to make the appropriate adjustment to 60mhz. After that the video works fine...

not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my video card but my screenshots are tinted red and some textures and explosions are written to the screenshot as transparent. small issue but would be nice to get some killer screenshots.

the game itself plays without any graphical glitches whatsoever that ive seen.

athlon xp2000+,768mb ram, plenny o' hd space, 128mb geforce4 w/*slightly* outdated drivers as the newest release disabled tv output on my video card for some reason.

Turning upnp on does absolutly nothing, in fact before i turned it on i was playing a Multiplayer game. Then i got the issue and havnt been ablr to play, and messing with the upnp hasnt herlped a single bit.

I wasn't referring to the little enable upnp button on your in game internet options screen. You need the windows upnp component on your computer. You need to go into control panel/add or remove programs/add or remove windows components/networking services/upnp User interface

click on that upnp user interface. click next and your windows will install that component on your computer. Once I did that I had no problem connecting to a mp game. Of course enabling upnp on the eaw internet options did nothing for you, its because you didn't even have it on your computer.

<nit-picking>

Everytime I see "Hypervelocity Gun" I keep thinking Galaxy Gun. Besides, I don't remember the HVG being in Star Wars before I heard it in EaW. Can't you rename it to "Planetary Turbolaser" and change the white effect to red? It just feels out of place to me, and reminds me too much of Halo's MAC Guns.

Like someone else said somewhere, what happened to the TIE Interceptors? A-Wings are in the game, so you'd think the Ints would be as well. Get rid of this "TIE Scout" nonesense and put the Interceptor back in.

</nit-picking>

I also still wish there was a Direct IP Connection for MP games.

I can`t assign groups with the ctrl-key, makes me nuts :blast5:

it worked in the demo lol

Go to game options and default all your keybindings. I had that problem as well. My guess is the patch messed it up.

Like someone else said somewhere, what happened to the TIE Interceptors? A-Wings are in the game, so you'd think the Ints would be as well. Get rid of this "TIE Scout" nonesense and put the Interceptor back in.

I agree, Tie Scout is a joke. TIE in general are a joke. Let the Empire build something like a Tie Intercepter to replace the worthless Tie Scout.

I noticed an omission in the manual. I know Lucas prints the manuals and they probably won't change them, but this could be placed in the read-me of future patches for the benefit of users that don't read forums. I've seen several comments in forums and reviews about not being able to control the camera angle during combat.

If you hold down Crtl and center mouse button (or wheel button) you can move the mouse to change the angle and/or rotate the camera freely.

I wasn't referring to the little enable upnp button on your in game internet options screen. You need the windows upnp component on your computer. You need to go into control panel/add or remove programs/add or remove windows components/networking services/upnp User interface

click on that upnp user interface. click next and your windows will install that component on your computer. Once I did that I had no problem connecting to a mp game. Of course enabling upnp on the eaw internet options did nothing for you, its because you didn't even have it on your computer.

I have done that, along with turning every thing in that folder on in off, in different combinations. It doesnt work just like i said in my last post that you somehow didnt understand.

In a few instances, when I used a hero unit to capture a build pad and then construct a turrent with the hero close to the turrent, once the turrent is finished constructing I can no longer move the hero unit. This happend to Chewbacca once and then Darth Vader. An issue to look into.

Also you need to upgrade the text for the merchant space station. As it still says you can build a Venator there and it also says you use infantry to capture them :D

I have to say, it's been great playing the game thus far. Keep it up Petro! I noticed a little possible imbalance while playing with the anti-armor infantry in that they seemed just a little overpowering against vehicles.. Three against a sqaud of vehicles did quite a bit of damage and with area of effect damage on top of it.. Just thought to mention it.

Bombing runs when nearby friendly units are within range do not do damage to them at all. Not sure if this was intended, however with friendly fire, this would seem a little more realistic and careful thought would have to be taken.

ON sullest or however you spell it, I made the the empire with all my buildings in perfect health, and when it got back to the galactic map lvl it sadi all my buildings where destroyed. The AI can do bombimg runs without having any units to spot for the bombers. The end

It's not so much a bug, as much as something that would allow for better space fights...

Right now I've got a game where I have a fleet that consists of 2 Nebulon-B's, 3 Corvettes, 3 marauders, and a bunch of fighters... My biggest problem is that when the fleet jumps in and begins to fight, the computer seems to think the maruaders are more important than my frigates, and to be honest it's pissing me off because I know that if I had that other frigate I'd be doing better...

I honestly believe that some form of "Fleet selection" should be enabled, similar to ground, you start with one group of units, and bring in the rest as you need them, this allows the fight to go your way right from the start, it allows for better tactics in my opinion.... As it stands right now with the fleet above it brings in my marauders and corvettes and one frigate, and the whole damn fleet gets owned...

I know it'd probably take alot of coding to implement, but it IS my honest belief that this would help balance out the game alot....

Edit: Not so much balance, as much as take the headache out of needing to protect ships which don't need to be in play yet....

Archived