Home

Official Petroglyph "Need to fix" Thread - 1.02 Patch Released

Darth_Torpid-PG

Hi, i was fighting a space battle on Corulag early on in the Imperial Campaign against pirates. I noticed that my Acclamator star destroyers could fly through a very large asteroid near the pirates space station. I took some screen shots for you:

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/lau02141/Pictures/EAW_20060217_22385142.jpg

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/lau02141/Pictures/EAW_20060217_22385301.jpg

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/lau02141/Pictures/EAW_20060217_22385443.jpg

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/lau02141/Pictures/EAW_20060217_22391712.jpg

asteroid.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When gearing up to liberate Kasshyyk in the Rebel SP campaign, I lost C3PO and R2D2. I moved them from Kukat back to Kessel (wich was mine already) and guess what. They're gone. Their stealth fleet window remainded in Kessel orbit but nothing in it. I played on a bit, and the ghost fleet disappeared eventually.

No droids though. They show up in in the upper right just like nothing happened but can't use them on the galactic map. They're gone. And so is the Rebel SP campaign because now I can't upgrade any tech :( :(

I've checked every planet, every fleet. And I have the 'heroes on top of stacks' option on.

??

Here is something that needs to be addressed. In Mission Ten: Capturing A Princess the tractor beam can be destroyed and is normally one of the first things targeted by the computer. I have gotten through the mission up to the capture 5 times now and each time my tractor beam was gone off my ship. Only that and nothing else. Its slightly dismaying.

Also I have noticed some really bad clipping/pathfinding bugs where units get stuck in the world and can not move or be hit.

When gearing up to liberate Kasshyyk in the Rebel SP campaign, I lost C3PO and R2D2. I moved them from Kukat back to Kessel (wich was mine already) and guess what. They're gone. Their stealth fleet window remainded in Kessel orbit but nothing in it. I played on a bit, and the ghost fleet disappeared eventually.

No droids though. They show up in in the upper right just like nothing happened but can't use them on the galactic map. They're gone. And so is the Rebel SP campaign because now I can't upgrade any tech :( :(

I've checked every planet, every fleet. And I have the 'heroes on top of stacks' option on.

??

I can confirm that this has happened to me with Mara Jade as well. It happened repeatedly in the demo, but only once in the Gold release with version 1.0.2 patch. Can't seem to get it to repeat itself. Saved the game, reloaded it, and Mara was back at the planet I'd sent her to. Weird.

I believe there's a bug with the persistancy...

If it's not a bug though, it's disappointing...

While playing the Rebel campaign I'm currently in a position where I'm grabbing more planets before I make an attack...

Now that I've got the whole Imperial fleet under control I'm holding two fleets above planets, one above Kuat, and one above Mon Calamari.... The enemy is counter attacking me with Tartan cruisers and broadside cruisiers, and I intercept them before they can get anywhere, but there space build pads don't get reset from my victory...

I won a battle making me the proud owner of the space above the planets, however enemy space build pad items are still present and constructed... If I won, shouldn't those have been removed because I'm now the own of the space above that planet?

Yes, there has to be a memory leak, because after a while of playing the game, I will have periodic times of stuttering for about 30 seconds(at pretty consistent intervals of 3 seconds...).

Also, when I attacked Daggoba with the emperor and some other units, and I decided to retreat, I lost the emperor and the game even though he wasn't killed and I had my fleet over the planet(BTW, I've experienced that Space Station bug again, this time it took out my Star Destroyer's shield).

Just for balance purpose....

When you attack the planet IA gets reinforcemnts faster than you can kill them. In order to win the battle you have to rush like crazy which kills every kind of strategy in ground battles. I have nothing against continuisly spawing units for free but the generation rate is too high and the IA seems to know exactly where you are and what units you have.

As I said the only thing I found to counter this problem is the masive rush while bombing ASAP.

You'll have to fix this.

Things need fixed

1. AIs abitlity to mass produce ships - IE in the hundreds in some cases, and pass there "cap limit"

2. AIs magically ability to know where your weakest planet is, and rush it without the use of scouts etc(wouldnt be as bad if they followed thier supossied unit cap which they dont)

3.(fixed button finaly showed up after 2 attempts)

Petroglyph,

I'm no programmer neither do I know what it takes to make a game like this (or any game for that matter) but you seriously need to prioritise the multiplayer issues EaW has. Even if it takes a total overhaul of the multiplayer mechanics. There isn't one person who hasn't had some kind of issue when trying to play online and this is really gonna hurt you in the long run if you don't fix this asap.

Let me just say before people accuse me of being a hater, EaW is a great game by itself, amazingly it's a lot of fun online, WHEN we get the rare game going.

I am also concerned by the apparent and sudden lack of forum activity from you guys. Forget the doomsayers, the damage can be repaired very easily, just get us all playing online.

Thanks.

Some Issues from my side :

Imperial Campaign, the mission where you fight the wookies :

-At the end my keybopard (?) got crazy and always scrolled to the left. I tried everything but after all i had to restart the game.

- AI attacked one of my planets : I had nothing but a barracks and I managed to fight of 20 or 30 rebel tanks. How ?

: They always attacked the same sport where I had some anti-vehicle turrets and where I placed all of my troops. The rebel tanks are not good in killing infantry, my infantry is not good in killing tanks so that took a while. But after some time I managed to beat them because of my turrets

Wouldn´t it be normal to play like a human and first rush to my barracks, destroy it and afterwards look for my troops ?

TBH ive not had any multiplayer bug problems as such on my machine since the new 1.2 patch. My only problem is that a lot of people dont seem to have their routers and firewalls set up properly.

You'll play 3v3 map and ill connect successfully to 4 people , but there will be one person whos router is blocking the rest of us. Which means game over.

I actually added a bunch of buddies to my buddy list last night of people i knew had their network set up properly. This meant i knew who to play with, and was guaranteed a 99% success rate of starting a game.

Multiplayer owns!

ive noticed quite alot of presentational bugs in the game.

for example on some missions on the you lost they lost screen it doesnt show anything even though you have killed or had killed lots of units. Also on the 2nd rebel campaign mission C3PO loses his feet when he walks over the reinforcement point in the cutscenes.

When I defend Dantooine with the Empire and have a space station, once the battle starts, there's no space station. It has happened several time(actually, everytime there's a battle over Dantooine). Also, once the Death Star blows up a planet, if I have the heat distrotion effect on, it seems too exagerated, as one ship will practically look like too over the remains of the destroyed planet.

I had a disappearing hero, it was during the campaign, I had 3PO in orbit so I could properly time my raid fleet with the AI's "changing of the guards" where for a moment you've got an undefended target, well I started the raid and forgot to move the droids, no biggie I called them down for R2's repair vehicle, and after a LONG and arduous slug fest on Eriadu I won, and #po was on the planet, but his fleet logo was in orbit aboe it, and if I moved stuff into that fleet spot they'd diappear... They'd be added to the fleet, but I could not do anything to them... I moved Mon Mothma in hoping it would solve the problem, but it didn't she went missing too....

Beyond that though it's been pretty damn fun, I find myself using auto-resolve on a good number of fights, but mostly for "I out number him" moments....

Also, there's beena couple of times I decided to retreat during a battle and chose auto-resolve for the rest of the fight, I did this when I had nothing but two MPTLs, and when it went to the "You were defeated" screen, it said I killed everything and lost everything, I put two T2-B's in orbit, made them a raiding fleet, and was able to take over the planet without much pain.....

Every now and then the TIEs will move sporadically all over the screen like they're using "lightspeed" engines and can't decide on where to stop....

I had a VSD pull a 180 in the blink of an eye, then back again... Though it may have been 2 VSDs, one on top of the other...

After the Empire destroys Alderaan the number of ship the Imperials counter attack with is insane... I was able to hold off 2 of 3 of their massive fleets, but the third one had 32 VSDs, 3 or 4 ISDs, and so on... (I'm playing on hard, but I didn't think that was going to mean being out numbered rather than out skilled)

Think that's all for now.....

Archived