Home

Official Petroglyph "Need to fix" Thread - 1.02 Patch Released

Darth_Torpid-PG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When playing as the Empire, and you're using the Death Star to destroy the rebel planets in the endgame, if you are defeated in space even if you are successful in destroying the planet, you have no retreat option... no "mission lost"... no "mission succeded" and you are effectively STUCK in combat forever. The fleet size you're given as a 'default' fleet can be outmatched and you can easily find yourself in this situation. Please consider allowing retreat or considering the mission complete when the planet is destroyed.

Thanks for compiling this fix list!!!

Howdy fellow Bug Catchers,

Having a great time with the game... especially stomping the heck outta those pesky rebels. (And it's super-cool to have your input on this site Darth-Tepid!!)

My problem actually relates to trying to eradicate all existence of the rebels from the universe. With the 1.02 patch installed...I was playing a round as the Empire (I think it was the single-player galactic mode). Everything was going fantastic (ie. i was wiping up the rebel scum with my intergalactic cleaning supplies) until Darth Vader said he wanted to 'personally' join the attacking fleet to a planet (starting with a C....Corgula??).

So I gather up a big batch of bad guys...throw Darth in the mix... try to drag them to start a big scrap in the skies above Planet C... when Darth Crankypants starts throwing a fit, sending me threatening e-mails saying he doesn't like me...because I'm a dork...and I didn't take him to the planet.

I try to drag him to the planet again. AGAIN...Darth Cranky says "you're about 3 seconds away from a chokehold buddy....TAKE ME TO THAT PLANET". (Alright...I'm paraphrasing here. Actually, he said the same thing. Over. And over. And over...as I kept trying to drag him and some troops/ships to that planet).

I had taken over EVERY other planet in the system...but Darth Vader and his mood swings kept me from a space battle over the final planet. That a bug?

Or am I a dork who doesn't know how to read his inter-galactic

e-mails??? :vadar:

:smash: MAJOR BUG :smash:

When you sucessfully retreat from a batle, all the enemy buildings get destroyed!

To reproduce:

Imperial campaign.

Attack a rebel planet (that isn't related to a campaign mission!) with a fleet and destroy the space defences.

Then attack the ground with Vader on his own.

Retreat ASAP.

In the retreat screen, you'll see that all the enemy player buildings were destroyed.

To confirm this, attack the planet again and you'll only have to kill the defending troops to be declared the winner. No buildings or their respawning garrisons will stop you!

Please fix this ASAP! It means that I can't retreat from any ground battle without inadvertantly giving myself a huge cheated victory!

How did this escape testing BTW? Has no-one in the QA team ever retreated from a battle?

i was playing some water planet, maybe mon calrari, a side quest said i had to destroy a rancor cave, i couldnt target it, and it didnt blow up after a bombing run.

i hate how, when i got units in the sandbag ring, that they walk back out, i want them to stay put. and if them glowing green shows who is pertected, only half my squad is getting that bonus.

shouldnt the intredicter's special work on torpedos too, and not just missles?

shouldnt y-wings diable ships with ion cannons, instead of using them as shield missles?

ok so i was playing the rebel campaign. on the mission where han and chewie go to carida? i lost that mission several times, each time after failing it put me back to the galaxy screen and put me straight back into the fight again. getting sick of it i quit the game.

i went to play today and the autosave has saved just before the mission when han/chewie have just gone to mon mothma. i look at the mission screen it says " move the millenium falcon to mon mothmas location" so i think. move them to yavin and then back to dantooine. but try as i might cannot trigger the mission.

Then each time i try again to play, the IMPs then attack Mon Calamari. i try to move a fleet to intercept, the fleet leaves its location and disappears.the trade lane things freeze and the star cease to move, but i can still move the view screen around build and alter planets.

Now the disappeared fleets appear in teh middle of nowhere Right at the centre of galaxy, not on a planet just in space as the arrows. but i have no control over them, or any fleet movement as they all end up just at the bright centre next to BYSS.

WHAT is happening / happend. dont want to start agen.

thanks

I had a disappearing hero, it was during the campaign, I had 3PO in orbit so I could properly time my raid fleet with the AI's "changing of the guards" where for a moment you've got an undefended target, well I started the raid and forgot to move the droids, no biggie I called them down for R2's repair vehicle, and after a LONG and arduous slug fest on Eriadu I won, and #po was on the planet, but his fleet logo was in orbit aboe it, and if I moved stuff into that fleet spot they'd diappear... They'd be added to the fleet, but I could not do anything to them... I moved Mon Mothma in hoping it would solve the problem, but it didn't she went missing too....
Some of our users over at http://www.cncforen.de / http://www.sw-eaw.de are reporting the same. Heroes and also entire fleets will disappear. Seems like occasionally the slots of a planetary orbit are baheving as some kind of black hole. I think this needs to be addressed in a patch.

This is a balance issue. When playing the Imperial Campaign on normal/medium difficulty(before you capture Geonosis), the computer rushed me with a huge fleet that contained over 85 corvettes and some fighters. At this point in the game you can only build acclimator and tartan cruisers. Basically it took me 3 really long battles (45+ minutes each) to kill off the rebel fleet. The acclimators do hardly any damage to the Corvettes and the Rebel's sheer numbers allowed them to slice through my fleets with ease. Lol, I thought the empire was supposed to have overwhelming numbers :)

I realize that the computer's AI was doing the smart thing since it had a lot of money and a low population cap and that acclimator cruisers are supposed to be obsolete, but sheesh!

After Geonosis, you get the tech upgrade to build the victory star destroyers. They are much better suited for taking out corvettes. You can keep those just where they are.

So, to summerise, the hitpoints of tartan cruisers and rebel corvettes need balancing as well as the firepower and hitpoints of the acclimator cruisers. By firepower, this could just be accuracy, but, as of right now, acclimators are not good against multiple corevettes. This issue could carry over to multiplayer games as well when a rebel player just swarms an imperial player with tons and tons of corevettes and fighters and bombers. Imperial players would need to build acclimators to get access to fighters and bombers, so they would be at a disadvantage.

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, can you work on the pathfinding, autotargeting, and attack AI?

Sometimes I tell ships to go places and they don't. They go completely the wrong way. The cruisers and larget capital ships don't really autotarget what they're strongest against. And, this is most frustrating, when I tell a ship to attack something they fire on something completely different they take a really long time to switch targets even though the target is within weapons range.

I know larger ships are suposed to be slow in turning and such, but that's why they have turrets. This goes for all ships including fighters, bombers, cruisers, destroyers, etc...

There is also a bug with the AT-AT that is pretty costly since it adds even more time to an already slow moving machine. Sometimes the AT-ATs like to start turning in the wrong direction and then change direction back to where you told it to go. It also has a tendacy to turn too far and then pop back into position to where it's supposed to be pointing. Also, they have a tendacy to not target some things that are not directly in front of it. Again, I understand the AT-AT is a big lumbering machine, but you would think the unit would turn left when you tell it to turn left and not turn right and then turn left.

...and Monday was a company holiday. I'm not avoiding you guys :)

There's a thread about the exceptions in tech center, where people have already posted the text file and system specs. I sent Darth a link.

Off topic:

They let them have time off for Presidents' day? I've never worked anywhere that did that. I've even had MLK day off, but never Presidents' day. That's really cool. I thought only banks, schools, and government offices did that.

I was playin galactic conquest today (empire at war map) as rebels. conditions were that all imperial planets were blockaded. i invadeed courasant with han and chewie and obi wan and c3po and r2d2 and maybe some tanks. the emperor was on. I decided to toy with it and retreated, losing only c3po. on the galactic map above courosant, there were the 3 spaces in orbit. one had my fleet, one empty, and one that had no picture, but had the little stealth icon (like chewie the droids and boba have). I tried to move a unit there and it disappeared. i moved han in that spot and he disapeared from the map and the top right corner. not even a recharge.

A balance glitch I've noticed is build pads (land/space) are persistant between battles. This may be by design, but it tends to really mess things up.

During the Rebel campaign I invaded a planet (Wayland or around there) and there were 2 build pads very close to where I started, so I put anti-vehicle pads and proceeded to take control of the planet. Later on in the campaign the Imperials eventually landed a force to invade. It was the fastest fight ever, his initial troops (AT-ST's) lasted 5 seconds because the two pads I had built previously were still there and blew them apart before my screen had even finished loading. I got the Victory message just as his shuttles started coming down.

So either build pads should be cleared for each battle, or some of the maps need to be tweaked to move some pads a little farther away from the start locations of enemy forces.

That's what I figured, but it does unbalance some of the maps such as the one I mentioned. Funny that when you control a planet, you have no way to set the build pads.

The first player to defend a planet will be at a slight disadvantage since all their pads will be empty. I'd say the 2nd player to control a planet will always have the advantage afterwards. Since they'd be able to set build pads during their invasion which will then be present for the next battle.

As for space, I'd assume the same would apply.

every thing works fine on single player but when i go on to multiplayer i can se most games and select them but when i click on them nothing happens not even the plese wait box and then if i stay there 2 long i get error returend was [missing] and if i go back to custem games it sayes eception and then shuts down i am using aol 9.0 broadband with a netgear wpn111 all my fire walls are disabled when i try to get online and it is connected and help would be appreciated so plz help ive tred every thing i know

My problem with these persistant maps and build pads is that even the ENEMY build pads carry over, I know why the friendly ones do, but the enemy build pads should be wiped out... Since they're not considered part of "The enemy", when you're victorious after killing the last enemy, any enemy build pads remain until the next round there....

Is there any particular reason for my Star Destroyers to open fire on the large asteroids as soon as they hyper into a battle? I'd think that that could potentially give away my position...and the "enemy spotted!" alert that accompanies this action gave me a start.

One thing I'd also really really like is a quick way to determine which of my planets have which construction capabilities. I'm having to hunt around for a while on the galactic map to remember which planets have advanced factories or high-level stations. On the "summary" page of the helper droid's window, there's a whole planet list--you could just display the icons for all the construction buildings on the planet in that screen. Or have a different icon for construction buildings than the standard little turret outline when the station level/occupied building slots filter is turned on.

Sometimes I have a shutdown of the game. I get an error-message, which is telling me, that there is a problem with a write or read-procedure on m a special changing memory-adress.

So the game shuts down. I do not have a screenie right now, but when it comes up next time, I will make some.

My System:

Athlon XP 3200+

1 GB Ram

128MB Geforce 6600GT

Asus A8N7X Deluxe

I use Windows XP fully patched.

Irritating for me that no other game is crashing like this.

One thing I'd also really really like is a quick way to determine which of my planets have which construction capabilities. I'm having to hunt around for a while on the galactic map to remember which planets have advanced factories or high-level stations. On the "summary" page of the helper droid's window, there's a whole planet list--you could just display the icons for all the construction buildings on the planet in that screen. Or have a different icon for construction buildings than the standard little turret outline when the station level/occupied building slots filter is turned on.

There is allready such thing in the game. You have this display option on the lower left side of the GUI.

Just fix the memory leak that causes massive stuttering after more than 30 minutes of play and tone down the damage/fire rate of Rebel MPTL artillery and I'll be a happy man! Also I notiecd a strange thing: if the game starts stuttering, if I press the "Stop" button in the unit movement menu it becomes smooth again.

Also... why have fog of war in a Star Wars game? Its a bit silly really in such an advanced setting that radar wasn't invented! I agree that rescource gathering and cutting wood and mining gold doesn't fit Star Wars, but the same can be said for fog of war!

One time when I was attacked by 5 Star Destroyers at Kessel, I experienced a massive slowdown after my space station was destroyed, more akin to starting and stopping. After their bombers destroyed my last surviving long range scanner, it was smooth again. Seems like the AI is using too many CPU cycles?

There is allready such thing in the game. You have this display option on the lower left side of the GUI.

Clicking on the droid will also give more information in the form of a chart, but it would be nice to be able to manage production from the chart (as you can with Civ4)

Maybe the ground missions would be more fun if reinforcements didn't take so long to unload from their transports. The time that they are vulnerable while unloading makes it too easy to camp near a landing site and pick off all the enemy forces before they are fully unloaded. Very annoying when you're the victim. Seriously, how long should it take for a hero to get off a shuttle?

Archived