Home

Official Petroglyph "Need to fix" Thread - 1.02 Patch Released

Darth_Torpid-PG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after reading the update thread posted a few minutes ago, i was wondering whether if you guys could add the following:

- an option or command-line switch so player can disable the main menu's background. since on slower machines, it's a pain having to wait for ages for nothing)

During modding, we have encountered problems when playing around with the weapon delay on bigger ships to make the game more 'realistic'. Standard weapon delay on big ships is one, but when I set weapon delay higher then 1, effects are not noticable. I set weapon delay all the way to 30 and still no percievable results. Has anyone encountered this problem as well or is just a bug on my comp? If u have encountered it, is there any way to make weapon delay work?

AI general problem -> Galactic Conquest, Normal Difficulty -

I play as Rebellion, I have over 20 planets conquered (with Coruscant) and Empire DON'T ATTACK me, they make only 2 conterattacks with pathetic fleets

(sorry - my english :-) and I'm still Victorious without problem, not good IMHO.

Best Regards

Koci

Well, what i only what to be fixed (apart from a better AI :)) is letting Multiplayer games with Mods installed work!!!! The only way to play internet/lan games even if the players have the exact same modified files/folders, is by deleting these files/folders; in other words, play with the original game................

Although i posted this already in another thread and ive mailed Torpid about it, i thought it would be better to post it in the official "feedback" thread.

Possible balance issue:

The Rebels can launch a raid fleet with Infiltrators onto a planet that is only defended by garrison units. The infiltrators aren't so hot against, say, the AT-AT that comes as an advanced factory garrison unit. However, it doesn't take much to lure the walker away from its factory, and then a couple thermal detonators can take out the vehicle plant. The Infiltrators can then simply retreat and launch a second raid, and the AT-AT will no longer be present. It will have been defeated without actually being engaged.

I'm not sure how exactly this could be solved, but it allowed me to take Geonosis with nothing but a series of raids including one or two Infiltrator squads. While all the natives swarmed the defending units, I took out the advanced factory and pulled out; regroup, took out the heavy factory and pulled out; regrouped, took out the light factory and pulled out; and that left the barracks, which churns out units that Infiltrators can take down fairly easily. I elimenated an AT-AT, a squad of 2-M tanks, and squads of AT-STs without ever exposing myself to hostile fire. Perhaps there should be a recharge interval after a raid during which a planet cannot be raided a second time.

I do like the raid feature a lot. As the Rebellion, it really makes me feel like I'm eating away at the Empire from the inside. :)

I think this thread has pretty much run its course (that is, you can likely remove the sticky). Lots of good information here, and we will make every attempt to fix or adjust things that can be placed in a patch. We should have the next patch available very soon, and the mod tools soon after that one.

Thanks for everyone's input and comments. We will continue to watch this forum and others for any new problems that crop up. I've been pretty busy the last few weeks, but we should have our new community manager soon to take up my slack :)

**I've also seen them spawn behind their hives, where they are trapped and can't move.**

I've had this also on the Alderaan Demise scenario. The surviviors from the destroyed Mine building will get stuck behind it at the top of the map where I cannot kill off the units. I cannot get my infantry 'around' the destoyed building to finish off the rebel troopers that came out of the building.

Oh well seeing as we don't have other place to post errors or bugs, I guess I'll post this here hoping a petro guy looks at it :D

Well I found a minor cosmetic bug. When building a turbo laser tower as rebels, if you cancel it you hear "Building cancelled" in the imperial voice, not the rebel voice. :p You know me, picky with the details. ;)

I don't know if this is a systematic thing or not, but it was kind of weird: I just ended the Rebel campaign by blowing up the Death Star. I won the space battle with Red Squadron at plus-two seconds on the Death Star clock (that is, I was two seconds "late," but the superlaser hadn't been fired yet). I immediately got the "WE ARE VICTORIOUS" message after I blew up the final Star Destroyer, but the game cut straight to a cutscene of the Death Star firing--and blowing up my planet. After the camera spun away from the shards of the planet (still claiming a victory for me), I got the cutscene of Luke performing his trench run and the Rebel victory scene.

Nothing game-killing here, but it was kind of wierd to see a losing cutscene triggered right the winning one.

Archived