Home

Official Petroglyph "Need to fix" Thread - 1.02 Patch Released

Darth_Torpid-PG

Update on my earlier post:

Wayland's starting point (invaders) needs adjustments. There are two build pads that are in fire range of anyone who lands there. As such, if the defenders have existing turrets on those pads your initial force is usually dead before the re-enforcments have landed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is allready such thing in the game. You have this display option on the lower left side of the GUI.

I remembered that a minute ago, but it only works for space stations. You can't see which kinds of factories you have on each planet, only the total number of buildings. I'd like to be able to know where I can build AT-ATs without having to hunt around.

Also, I agree that the fire rate/damage of MPTLs should be reduced a tad. In small groups, it's tricky but possible to exploit MPTL vulnerabilities. In large groups, backed up by plex soldiers, it can get kind of ridiculous. (On the plus side, I just had one of my most frantic and exciting ground battles when I invaded a planet that had four heavy factories and associated garrisons on it.)

Lag here as well, with a X2 4400+, 2GB Ram, X1800XT, so it ain't my machine.

I seem to have a wierd bug. Im playing the Galatic conquest, as the Empire, on the map Closing In On the Empire i think it's called, it has a small number of planets.

Anyways, ive built up a decent fleet, and Darth Vader wants to go to Corulag to rescue some imperials from Rebels. Every time i click and drag him,i get the mission thing updated, i cannot move anything over to Corulag at all, get the beeping and mission updated in holocron.........

Also where are these units:

Venator Class SD ( Acclamators are in which are seen in Episode 2, and Venators, seen in Ep 3, aren't.)

B-Wings

Tie Interceptor

Oh also Airspeeder attacks on At-At's are totally borked. Most of the time it doesn't even work.

Yeah i know there not in the game, iam asking why not, they should be.

The amount of units is kinda boring. Need more.........

I hope to god someone makes a mod from the Clone Wars era, i love the ships used then. The Invisible hand just pwns.

Yeah i know there not in the game, iam asking why not, they should be.

The amount of units is kinda boring. Need more.........

I hope to god someone makes a mod from the Clone Wars era, i love the ships used then. The Invisible hand just pwns.

The reason why the B-wing is not in is because it's not designed yet in the period we are playing. Not even close.

The Venator class isn't in because it got decomissioned by the Empire in favour of the Victory and Imperator class.

Why the Interceptor isn't in, but the A-wing is, beats me. :confused:

The game ends close enough for the TIE/in to be justifiably included in the game. One reason could be though the fact that TIE's spawn from star destroyers and bases. It may be alittle difficult coding in this to start spawning TIE/in's aswell? As in, once its researched all stardestroyers spawn 1 TIE/ln (normal TIE Fighter), 1 TIE/in, and 1 TIE Bomber flight, instead of 2 TIE/ln and 1 TIE Bomber flight.

Here's a possible balance thing I've noticed--when you issue a move order to a speeder bike and then issue another move order while the bikes are still moving, then the scout troopers stop and wait for a significant amount of "re-orientation" time before they zoom off to the new destination, rather than immediately altering course towards the newest order. This seems like a minor point, but if you're scouting a map (that's what they're for, after all) and you suddenly run into, say, a bunch of plex soldiers, then it would make sense to have the speeders zip back to base to avoid being shot at. The bikes are so weak that a couple shots will blow them to pieces, so their speed is really the only way they can survive for long against most enemy units. I've found that the time delay between giving the order to escape and the speeder bikes actually getting in gear is long enough that most enemy units can blast the speeder bikes before they can get away. In short, the biker scouts are only good for locating one enemy unit before they get destroyed, and the thermal detonator ability is only effective if some other unit has already located the enemy. Since the Rebels have airspeeders to scout out enemy positions quickly and relatively safely, perhaps the speeder bikes' reaction delay can be decreased so that an attentive Imperial player can use them to scout the map more effectively. This might also help alleviate some players' concerns about the strength of the MPTL, since scout troopers could be used to locate enemy artillery positions as they move into position. Or would the bikes be too close to invincible if they reacted to move orders faster?

If Venators were decommissioned by the Empire, then would't it make sense for the Rebels to have them? Since they really needed any ship they could find.

Minor bug:

In Empire galactic conquest, when I progressed in tech to build laser towers, the tech tree still showed them as not available. However I could build them. Also, looking at the space tech tree, each capital ship shows Tie F/B spawning off them, but they're all disable except for the Acclamators. More of a display glitch then anything.

I wish me the option of driving against the enemy!

If a situation is out of control it would be nice, if i am able to drive against a capital ship of the enemy to allow me allies speed up to the hyperspace!

So I would be destroyed but maybe I can make such a damage that enemies ship is down two!

Some issues I've found:

Galactic Conquest bug: Playing as the Empire on one of the smaller maps, received a random mission to send Boba to Hoth and neutralize a hero. Sent Boba to kill Han, and Ben, several times but the mission log would not complete the mission.

On space battle maps: My fleet was hiding in a large nebula in top-left corner of the map. Ties spawning from my cruisers near the corner of the map would act very strangely. Sometimes one or two ties would move away from their group and seem to move wildly around the map at great speed. Sometimes they would stop in a positon way accross the map and the rest of the group would pop to that location (like outside the nebula, right next to an enemy corvette)

Also in nebulas: not sure if this is intended or a bug. Select a group of Tartans in a nebula and double right-click a move order. Some of the tartans will move, but usually just one of them. The others will just sit there.

Ion cannon planetary gun: AI was firing at my cruisers, but kept choosing the same one, while I used the rest of my fleet to clean house. Sometimes the ion cannon would fire once, sometimes it would fire semi-automatic mode, not sure if that's intentional, but it's just annoying because it's so loud. ("Firing Ion Cannon,... Shooom, Shooom, Shooom, Shooom, Shooom", repeated every 20 seconds)

Rebels were attacking one of my space stations. They had overwhelming numbers, but I beat them with only my space station (garrison ships all destroyed). The rebels surrounded my station with corvettes (I think that's all they had left), but they just sat there while my station guns and missles picked off one at a time. I didn't even have shields, and should have been toast.

One more: While trying to trample civilians with groups of AT-ST's (hehehe, cool), the civ's are capable of running REALLY fast, like faster than an air speeder, or scout trooper. It's like they are just about to be turned into footprints when they zooooooom around the edge of the group of walkers. The only way to crush them is if you corner them. However the civilians can get closer to objects and map borders than a vehicle can, so some of them always get away. :(

Edit: I noticed a pattern on the slowdowns in ground mode. It seems to hitch every time the weather changes (regardless of graphics/sound settings). This was especially evident on Hoth, when the ice storms start and stop. Of course, that could be a cause, or an effect of other problems. Hope that helps.

Important:

I've met some people who have encountered potential conquest-ending bugs concenring side missions, example:

"A favor for Lord Vader" random mission in conquest. I kept ignoring it until Mon Calamari was one of the last planets I need to take over to win the game, no go: even with Vader in invading fleet, he tells me I need to take him with me and the game won't let me invade Mon Calamari. Had to restart conquest mode over.

Another one someone told me about is a Rebel side mission where Mon Mothma wants Antilles to take a force and conquer a certain planet (don't know, never played as Rebels), even when the player got the required forces, the game would tell him he needed the units.

I just played through the Imperial campaign part where you're hunting Moff Kalast, and he was suddenly located at Coruscant (wonder how he got there?). I initiated a space battle, and found that all my emplaced hardware in the Coruscant system--level 4 space station, long-range scanner, and all the missile/laser defense satellites in orbit--had switched to the Rebellion. My space station used the Rebel model and everything. Is that a bug, or is the station wherever Kalast is supposed to defect?

I was forced to blow up my own assets (thank you, Hypervelocity Cannon...) in order to destroy Kalast. On the completed battle screen, the destroyed level four space station and sensor array were listed among my losses. Which, of course, they were, but it certainly didn't look like that in the battle.

I was forced to blow up my own assets (thank you, Hypervelocity Cannon...) in order to destroy Kalast.

I had the same thing happen on a planet where the rebels were doing a raid and they retreated. When the retreating ground forces met my orbiting fleet they took over the space station. I don't think there was a rebel hero involved, and I know it wasn't Corruscant. It changed the space station to the Rebel model for me too.

Was playing a skirmish game against the AI. I built General Veers ATAT and it got tow cabled by an air speeder. Please look at this.

Yes, wasn't Veers supposed to be immune to that? I found that it does affect him, and he stops completely. >_>

Grov, just to let you know the Venator, B-Wing, and TIE Interceptor are units not featured in Empire at War. I would suggest checking out mods as they become available that add these units.

The Venator Model + Script is in the game, all you must do is activate it. There is a mod on this forum that allows that.

Oh, and I forgot, but, when jumping into one of the planet's map (I can't remember which planet...), my fleet jumped right infront of an Asteroid field, causing the Imperial Star Destroyers and the Acclamators to go bye-byes. I'll find out which planet it was later, but I don't think the Imperials would be that stupid.

Yes, wasn't Veers supposed to be immune to that? I found that it does affect him, and he stops completely. >_>

The Venator Model + Script is in the game, all you must do is activate it. There is a mod on this forum that allows that.

Oh, and I forgot, but, when jumping into one of the planet's map (I can't remember which planet...), my fleet jumped right infront of an Asteroid field, causing the Imperial Star Destroyers and the Acclamators to go bye-byes. I'll find out which planet it was later, but I don't think the Imperials would be that stupid.

I dunno Ozzel dropped out of hyperspace too close to Hoth... Look at what happened to him....

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but when Home One uses it's "concentrate fire" ability with trransports in the fleet, the transports will fly directly into battle to attack the target Home One designated. Can this be changed to not include transports?

why are the transports so weak coz mine where all safeish and then one stray bullet blew them up and another time the emamy put all its mon cals where its transports where supposed to be and the transports where the mon cals where supposed to be and attacked a big fleet with notin but transports while the mon cals just watched

In the campaign, I've started a ground assault by landing General Veers several times and had my unit count start as 0/3 or 0/5 or whatever, with Veers' AT-AT already in the landing zone. Yes, the free AT-AT and its complement of stormtroopers is a lot of fun, but this definitely seems like a bug.

(Though nothing beats watching four AT-ATs unload 8 squads of stormtroopers and all march into the enemy base via a reinforcement point where they pick up 12 AT-STs and some SPMAs. Kaboom.)

Hello,

I'm having fun playing EaW, however there is a certain bug that is causing me no end of grief....

The scene: playing as rebels on the "galactic conquest" map, single player. Ai attacks me at Dagobah

The conditions: The ai has a fairly large fleet, I have a few x-wings, and a level 2 station. Also an ion cannon and shield on surface.

Now they manage to get past space, their land attack begins... I manage to defeat them. All is well right? WRONG. You see I managed to beat them back without any losses, but when I got to the summary screen I had lost my ion cannon AND my shield. This proceeded to happen about 2 other times when the AI attacked me....and I've spend a fairly large amount of credits on lots of apparently disposible ion cannons/shields...

Thanks for your time, keep at it gents!

Archived