Home

Crashing after v1.1 Patch

CondorFalco

First, I am not amused. This patch is supposed to fix things, and it hasn't.

Okay, now to the problem:

After about 10 mins playing Obi-Wan on Kamino, the game crashes to the desktop.

After playing for about 5 mins on the Vessa Asteroid level in Galatic Conquest as Rebels, I get into one of those hovercrafts, exit the base into space, press shift to accelerate, and the game hangs, and then the computer freezes up.

Update: I've just had another crash - This time after about 5mins on the Space Tatoonie level. I was in an A-wing, and then the game just hung, and I shut it down using Ctrl-Alt-Del. However previous to this, I played 2 rounds of Hoth Conquest, 1 Rebel, 1 Imperial, and a round of Utupha (sp?) as Republic, and it was fine.

My PC specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4800 2.4GHz

2x GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB SLi - but playing with only one at the time of the crash

2GB RAM

Audigy 4 Pro

This are similar crashes that I experienced pre-1.1, except I usually had a blue-screen as well after the crashes.

I hope someone can help.

• 3 weeks later...

Blue screens means it could be some other problem with your PC. Are you overclocking or change any of your computer's settings? If so, that could be the problem. Reset everything to default first, see if it stops the crash. If it still orcurs, then its a patch bug.

You have all the hardware SWBF2 doesn't like :( . Update all your drivers. Make sure your system isn't overheating. Set the game to only use one CPU. Pull out one of your graphics cards. Try each of those and see if it works.

Blue screens were with 1.0.

I know I have way to awesome a spec for SWBF2 to run ;). To be honest, I've just got so pissed with the game, LA and Pandemic, (and the fact that the game's interest life-span is far to short) that I have just stopped playing it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, they weren't in vain, since I'm sure someone else will need the help.

Archived