Home

Rebel Starfleet

Shana

- "That sounds great to me, who better to teach me how to fly an A-Wing than you? You're the best pilot out there, I can tell we'll make it" - Rory said taking off and flying steadily out of the atmosphere.

- "As my first lesson... Can you give me any friendly advise about the A-Wing?" - Rory asked Tay through the comlink.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Look alive boys, I want Hontak in sniper position, Carlson and K'italo will cover him, the rest of you will be with me, alright?"

"Sir yes sir!" they all yelled in unison.

"Hontak, make sure you get up and ready fast."

"Sir will do sir."

"You've done amazing in training, now its time to show your stuff, don't let me down."

"Sir I won't sir."

"Good."

((I'm a late joiner. Forgive me))

Name: Lada Kvindol

Homeworld: Mandalore

Class: Rebel pilot

Appearance: Stands at about 6'3", has a short, brown hair and green eyes with a scar going down from his cheek and across the left eyelid. He usually wears an eyepad on his left eye, actually being a type of a one-way screen that enables his hurt eye to see like it should. Otherwise, he wears the official Rebel pilot's uniform with only an exception of the Mandalorian insignia being placed on his uniforms' backs and on the side of his helmet, replacing the left side insignia.

Equipment: Two DC-17m's, a vibroknife, medikit, eyepatch

Bio: Born and raised on Mandaloria, in a small community somewhere in the more uninhabitable places of the world. His father was an elite warrior in the Mandalorian ranks and trained Lada whenever he could and as well as he could, even if Lada's mother disagreed on how their son should be raised. However, the young boy took more interest in killing things than reading books, even if he grew intellect because his mother forced knowledge down his throat. He tries very much not to be a wise-ass because of this and so stays quiet most of the times, which eventually results in people thinking less of him than he is and having the impresion that he is a grumpy man with a terrible youth behind him.

All this put aside, he trained most of his childhood with the elite fighters on Mandalor and especially with the pilots. When the Empire was born, he left with his father to serve under Palpatine for a while, but he left and joined the rebels. The only cause to this given is, as he likes to say, "The uniform didn't look good on me" even if it prosumed that he recieved the scar on his face from some superior officer in the Empire. He is an excellent pilot, even if he never really shows it in tests because he doesn't want to become a leader, even if he would be more than suitable for a position in the upper ladder of the Rebel alliance. The squad leaders call his fighter an "Unidentified Rogue Rebel Vessel" or URRV because he rarely obeys direct commands if he thinks there is a better approach. Because of this and his quietness, he has also been given the nickname "Silent Pain". He has also had a long-time relationship tat they broke off a few months back with one of the female squad leaders, Commander Nickail

-----

Lada watched quietly at the formation the A-Wings were forming into and guided his A-wing into it's place. He heard chatter on the comlink and shook his head. He made sure that everything was ready for jump before he pulled a switch and the ship sped up as it was stayng behind from the other fighters. He stabilized his speed into the same with the others and then clicked his comlink open. "Girls, It's getting a bit too noisy. Keep the comlink free for the Commander" he said, even if he knew he would later get a lecture from the Commander about it and the girls would also be unhappy about the decision

((hope this is ok))

They all jumped into hyperspace, and the general went voer the plan with the ground troops. he kept mentioning the fact that they had no one to spare, so this was not going to be a huge open warfare type of thing. Kentaru got more info on what he was doing. He was to take out any vehicle operators and heavy weapon operators if at all possible. This was going to be one hell of a fight.

((It's okay Curt))

Commander Brown flew over Tay, Rory and Lada.

- "Alright boys, the thing is simple it is full assault, we'll meet the interceptors flying around the fleeing transports of the Naboo queen. Commander Slawn is taking his fleet of X-Wings into the city to detroy the bombers, so it's up to us to destroy the imperial blockade. Keep your eyes open and watch out for the Star Destroyer's auto turrets" - Commander Brown said.

The ships suddenly exit hyperspace.

- "Interceptors at point 05" - Shouted a squad member.

- "This is it! All ships report in!" - Commander Brown said.

((All pilots pick a number))

- "Red two standing by" - Rory said.

"Red six standing by" Lada said and made a sharp evasive turn as a stray laser blast went past his ship. He started to turn switches and click buttons and as he stopped his A-Wing's modifications appeared. There were two extra lasers placed on the front and the standard issue ones had been changed into a pair of miniature quad lasers, unlike those seen in Episode III and Episode IV. The mandalorian had quite a work to get the quad lasers that small and then light enought that he could still keep up with TIEs and possibly overcome them. He also had changed the platforms the quad lasers were on to rotate so he could even shoot behind him if needed to. Of course, these modifications just made the A-Wing look just purely silly and clumsy, even thought it was a piece of masterpiece in fighter firepower

- "Alright everyone pick your targets and go!" - Commander Brown said.

Rory tried at her best to manuever the great A-Wing, she had some trouble at first but she was a damn good pilot, flying came natural to her since both her parents were freighter pilots for the republic. She pushed the throttle to max and followed an interceptor. The green laser bolts of the Imperial crafts blazed on every direction. She managed to dodge a few and shot down her target.

The star destroyr was moving into position. It started firing it's cannons to the ships of the Naboo Queen.

- "Red Squadron, this is Lieutenant Morgul of the Royal Guard, our ships our undertaking heavy fire, could you give us a hand?" - Morgul said on the commlink.

- "Copy that Lieutenant. Red 2, Red 7 and Red 6 go after the bombers heading for Lieutenant Morgul's ship, it's the one in the middle of those big capital ships" - Brown said.

- "Copy that" - Rory said and flew over to the capital ships. She was being followed by a Tie interceptor. She was trying to shake him off but got hit on the left engine.

- "I'm hit, loosing power on the left thruster!" - Rory said.

"Mercenary Orange 2 standing by." Scur reported. Scur heard the plans and quickly went to aid Red 6, 2, and 7. He dodged some fire and came up next to the three. "Covering!" As an interceptor hit Red 2 in the left engine. Scur quickly slowed his speed letting the interceptor go by and Scur fired at the interceptor, hitting its wing. The Interceptor spun around a couple times and hit a star destroyer, exploding where it hit.

"Red seven moving to stabilize red two," Tay called, but she was ordered away.

"Stay focused, Seven," Brown ordered.

"Understood Leader," Tay answered. Her fighter veered away sharply, engaging more TIEs. This was clearly her element. Nothing touched her, the TIEs couldn't follow. She was on their tail so fast they never quite understood what was happening before they got shot down.

Hontak found cover, then ran again, in his mind and eyes everything was slower than him, he dove behind more cover. By now the enemy was too distracted. He ran into a building, then went to the second floor, climbed out the window and on top of the roof. He set up his rifle, looked down the scope, and started picking off heavy weapons troops. Then he moved again, a sniper never gives off where he's coming from.

Red Six flew past the capital ship, almost too close of it, and suddenly tured the npose up. He targeted two bombers with his quad lasers and fired, destroying both. He flew quickly throught the TIE group and shot again, this time with the secondary lasers and ddestroyed another bomber.

"Red seven, you're moving too far from the main objective. There are interceptors heading your way" he said throught the commlink and turned around, shooting with the main lasers again and destroying the last bombers, but not before one of them could drop a part of its bombs. The A-Wing made a sharp turn towards the approaching interceptors and tried to cut them off before they reached Red Seven

"Didn't you pay attention during the briefing, six?" Tay responded. "We're here to see to the Interceptors. Blue Squadron's in X-Wings dealing with the bombers."

Her A-Wing spun, barely avoiding one of the oncoming Interceptors and she shot it down from behind.

Tay swore softly. Then, as her fighter swooped around, destroying the two Interceptors and diving toward one of the bombers.

"A-Wings aren't invincible, you know," she muttered to herself. "Made for hit and run, not prolonged attacks..."

In true A-Wing 'hit and run' fashion, she dove, fired, and spun away rapidly. The bomber's attention suddenly focused on the small, fast fighter that had just eaten away its shields. Tay's A-Wing was flying too quickly and erratic for the bomber to lock on and fire.

"Teamwork will be useful here," Tay called to her teammates. "Hit them in three quick bursts; one takes out shields, second deals more damage, third destroys completely. Want to take the next shots at the one I just hit, Six? No way in hell I'm turning around to get him myself..."

She dove at another, performing a slightly different manouver with the same effect.

Kentaru was commed.

"Hontak! see the big tank thats totally destroying us? we found out its weakness, hit the hinges on the lower forward plating, that should get you a clear shot at the driver."

"Copy that." Kentaru said, he then focused his scopes on the hinges. He aimed, breathed slowly, and then on an exhale, shot the hinges, the plating flew off, and immidieatly Kentaur saw his chance and shot again, killing the driver, the tank stopped. A rebel ran up to it and tossed a grenade inside then ran, it blew up spectacularly.

Rory was able to stabilize her thrusters and moved quickly against the Interceptor that Tay had fired upon, she shot him quickly and was able to destroy it since her A-Wing didn't push up to the fullest of it's throttle because of the left engine.

- "Interceptor down, Seven" - Rory said.

The bombers were moving out, but a fleet of interceptors was heading their way. Rory soon found herself dodging fire and trying to out run the interceptors which she did. This time interceptors were heading for Lada.

- "Six! Interceptors on your tail!" - Rory said.

"Got 'em. Just stop their reinforcements" he said and rotated the quad lasers firing at the interceptros hot on his tail, even thought it was hard to hit in the laser rain that was coming at him. Lada suddenly pulled the fighter up and whissed over the interceptors, his lasers still shooting. Two interceptors were destroyed after this trick and three were still there with just minor scratches. Another interceptor was shot down after the Mandalorian got to stabilize his A-Wing back into his controls. All his lasers conentrated fire on the left-side interceptor while the other one slowed down and all of a sudden was behind Lada again, shooting at him. The interceptor blew up and the A-Wing tried to outrun the last one, which was a fat chance as at the same time, the TIE hit the A-Wing and the shields went down. The quad lasers turned and shot the left wing off of the interceptor before heading off towards a more secure lace to recover.

"I lost my shields" he reported before starting to push buttons again in a desperate attmpt to get the shields back up.

"B3, try to get those shields back up. Take some juice from the main lasers if you must, but get those shields up!" he said to the astrodroid of his that beeped and whistled behdin the cockpit, a bit unhappy of his new duty, as it knew just as well as the mandalorian that it would be quite a job to divert power and change it from weapons powers into shields

"Covering you, Six," Tay called, swooping around to draw the TIEs attention away from Lada. It worked... up to a point. Three glancing shots took out her shields and a fourth ripped off part of her left wing. She swore as her fighter began to spin, unbalanced toward the planet.

"I'm going down!" she called angrily. "Don't have much control..." She fought for control and regained enough to stop spinning. Even in her dangerous situation, she still thought of the mission. "Don't mind me. I'll be alright."

Her fighter entered Naboo's atmosphere and the torn wing burst into flame. The fighter began spinning again and Tay fought with it. Her speed increased, but her descent leveled a little and her spinning stopped. The flaming fighter streaked over the trees, catching a few on fire. It finally dropped to the ground in a wide open plain. There, it skidded to a stop, wing still flaming.

Tay had been knocked around a bit in the crash, but she refused to let it stun her. She pushed her cockpit open and jumped out.

"Can't stay here," she muttered, rolling to the ground. Pain shot through her as she struggled to her feet and hurried away from her flaming fighter. She didn't get very far when the fighter exploded and the blast knocked Tay to the ground. She rolled over and looked up, watching for debris that might drop on her. The fighter's nose stabbed into the ground right next to her and she rolled away from it.

"Damn," she muttered. Cautiously, she stood and moved away from the flaming remains.

Archived